Did the Bills improve over this offseason? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Bills improve over this offseason?

Did the Bills improve this offseason?

• Yes, they improved

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No, they did not improve

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
IMO the Bills improved, but not as much as some claim. Spikes(which I think was a great signing) and the rest of the defensive additions could move their D from the bottom to the middle. This is a huge upgrade. Their O, however, got worse. There is no way, except in a homer's mind, that losing your #2 WR (probowl, I think) and replacing him with a 2nd year guy doesn't hurt your O. I like Reed and I guess its possible that he could explode, but the odds are greatly stacked against it. I think the D's improvement is greater than the O's decline so the net result is overall improvement, but not that much.

Well lets keep in mind that

Despite how horrible the D was.....(and it was very bad) this team was just a couple of wins away from winning the division...they were in it right down till the end....

The problem for the bills isn't the same as it is for the fins...the fins really dont have that number one "have to double em" option wide reciver.....and even with the aquisition of Greasy they dont have the pro bowl type QB.....they have a all world running back and a so so offensive line......

The bills dont have that problem and it isn't homerism.....the facts are there...they have the best QB in the division and one of the best in the league.....a running back who really should be considered top 5....and a bonified pro bowl reciever in Moulds who takes double teams and still produces....

Now when you have all that stuff......you can afford to be patient with a talented young guy like Josh Reed.....he isn't going to have to do it all...just take advantage of single coverage.....

We will be just fine......

i edited for spelling, honey..

it looks like from the pole results, that my opinion really doesnt matter.. you may have some intelligent fans here..

or maybe 99.9 percent of you are good enough to see improvement, and gonk voted 5 times for no :D

to be honest.. if you look at the last half of the season.. our offense really wasnt as good as you are making it to be anyway..

it was average..

it gets old debating it though.. because there will be no definate answer until they play.. i think reed will be good.. you dont.. we will see.. that is all i can say..

i think that the te's arent used much and dont make a big difference.. you do.. we will see..

i think henry can actually be better than last year.. you dont.. we'll see..

i think the offensive line can be just as good if not better..

i think there are questions about LDE and FS that need to be answered, but it will work out..

i think shaw will match up fine against a 3rd cb and be able to gain 500 yards which he did against number 2cbs last year..

i think the bills are improved.. you dont..

we'll see..

i think the dolphins have no holes, have a perfect defense and fans should get their plane tickets now..

we'll see.

did we lose 1200 yards receiving from him? yes..

will we definately need all that this year with an improved offense? doubtful

Nice to see that you agree with me then Tatonka, you're right, Takeo Spikes and Peerless Price DO balance each other out. My beef with your long post was basically you did your best to rationalize every position as either staying JUST as effective as last year, or getting MORE effective. That is simply not the case when the Bills have so obviously sacrificed offensive superiority for a better defense.

Despite how horrible the D was.....(and it was very bad) this team was just a couple of wins away from winning the division...they were in it right down till the end....

Big reason why they were, is because they had one of the most effective scoring machine offenses in the NFL. Now, they won't. Simple as that. Who knows if the change in team identity will take or if it will blow up in their faces.

Considering the fact that Travis Henry did all of his damage in a spread wide open offense that featured 2 pro bowl caliber WRs, and 3rd one who is as Bills fans claim, talented enough to take the place of one of those pro bowl caliber WRs...yet he fumbled like 15 times, why exactly is Travis Henry a top 5 runningback? And ehem, if thats the case why exactly did they draft Willis McGahee to completely take over for Henry within 2 years?

I think if the Bills try and run a ball-control offense this year with Travis Henry taking on a bigger role than before, they'll see exactly WHY they drafted Willis McGahee to be the future at the position.

No....that is incorrect

Travis Henry was having a huge year regardless of how the passing game was doing.......

As the year progressed....our offense bogged down BECAUSE we were not being balanced enough....we were passing the ball when we should have been running it....

The thing I look most forward to this year (beside finally getting back to the playoffs) is putting all of these "well Peerless Price is gone so now we suck on offense" posters in check....

Peerless Price was a good receiver who was a product of the system and of having a awesome quarterback, compiled with teams being forced to play honest due to a great running game......his speed in my opinion was very overrated.....and he had a tendancy over his whole career in Buffalo to make a stupid mistake at the wrong moment......while being single covered most of the time.....

When Josh Reed comes in and has a great year....which I beleive he will.......the bills will be laughing all the way to the playoffs....Takeo Spikes for Peerless Price?....oh I take that trade in a heartbeat

Originally posted by Tatonka
i edited for spelling, honey..

it looks like from the pole results, that my opinion really doesnt matter.. you may have some intelligent fans here..

or maybe 99.9 percent of you are good enough to see improvement, and gonk voted 5 times for no :D

Honey:lol: and I just love you too.

and that's the point, the finfans here know you improved..when it comes the phins, our D didn't have to do anything close to what you had to do to upgrade..to be honest, if you brought 4 semi stars for your D..it would have been considered an upgrade or improvement. We felt we needed improvement too..so we bring in Seau for Rogers, which we consider an upgrade..We bring in Buckley to complete with Fletcher, we consider that an upgrade. We bring in Knight to complete with Freeman, we bring in Zgonina and let Hailey go to the skins, we felt a starter from the Rams was a better bu...we consider those upgrades, or at the very least, great depth. On a D that was ranked #3 in the NFL..But it won't be looked at the same way as your upgrades, because our D didn't play as badly as your D.

On O, we bring more WR's..Moulds is a pro bowler, we're trying to get there..CC has good hands and speed and now he's in his 3rd year like Moulds, when Moulds became Moulds..Our 2nd is better than your 2nd at this point...Our 3rd had more yards than your 3rd and led his team last year..and got better as the year went on. Our OL is as about even with your OL..Our RB's are good as is yours, your QB is one of the best in the league, and our's are serviceable. Both seem to be good teams..Miami has a little edge because the nucleus had played together for awhile and added a little pepper, your D..has a lot of new faces, which I'm saying is bad..I sited the RAM's in a earlier post...But your O has changed a lot also..so we don't know if they're as good as last year's O..but who knows, you may have gotten the final ingredients...but, we may have also. "On Any Given Sunday" that's what it comes down to.

Pennington is probably the best QB in the East right now

What the he11 is so good about pennington? I'd say he's the worst QB in the AFC east right now. :jetssuck:

To say he is better than Bledsoe is absolutely ridiculous, Brady led the patriots to the superbowl and is a very smart QB, and well, we all know what Fiedler can do when he's healthy and we will see what griese brings to the table. Of course , I do hate the jets more than any other team in the league but this has nothing to do with it. He just did nothing for anyone to say he is the best QB in our division.
I'll just assume you were kidding.

No, I'm not kidding.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
What the he11 is so good about pennington? I'd say he's the worst QB in the AFC east right now.

:jetssuck:

I'll just assume you were kidding.

Seriously, IMO, I think that Pennington IS the NEXT Bledsoe. Also, Bledsoe (IMO) is on HIS way out. Not mobile, takes sacks, forces the ball, ie throw INT's, and his #2 weapon will be dancing the Dirty Bird this year.

Here's my bet/guess: Fiedler has a higher QB rating than Bledsoe at year's end. In fact, I'll go so far as say that he'll have the highest rating in the East this year. In the 90's.

After playing our defense twice a year, all three QB's will have their ratings drop quite nicely.
I would have to disagree about Bledsoe, its true he isn't very mobile but he is still very accurate(kind of like someone that used to play for us,with 27 braces on his legs). I think it will hurt him a little without Price but why do you think peerless blew up like that last year. Because Bledsoe was his QB. I could see Reed having that same type of breakout year this season. Plus they have a good back in Henry to take some pressure of Bledsoe.
I agree that Fiedler will have a very good season though. He could very well end up in the pro bowl IF he stays healthy.
I am just wondering, What was it about Pennington that makes you think he is such a future superstar?

dude....wut r u smoking comparing pennington to bledsoe? bledsoe can throw a ball thru a brick wall, and hes been consitently good for like 10 yrs now. N Pennington....I prob have a better arm den he does! I'm exaggerating der, but u get my point. Plus, he only had 1 decent yr (a healthy Jay woulda out-played him last yr).

buffalo upgraded their defense most definately....sam adams is a big guy that will unquestionably work well with pat next to him.....problem is, if he isn't motivated he wont be effective in the 4th qtr because he wont be in premier shape......

spikes is a HUGE addition......at this point in their careers he dwarfs seau.....i's be much happier with spikes, but this is a salary cap era! i'm NOT sold on posey at all and feel he is a similar player to newman.....newman seemed to be at his best rushing the passer.....

nickle back is upgraded, but sidney is a nickle back for a reason....he is NOT starting material......tennessee's backfield was a weakness for a while.....and wire has much to prove before you can be comfortable there.....

schobel showed promise, but needs to get much better......you really have a bunch of nobodies and question marks after that......you can be optimistic, but the reality is that most of them are scrubs......

on offense your line is a year older and should get better....

your TEs are mediocre at best.....neither is a threat in the passing game, but both are good blockers......

fb, as you have pointed out features crosby, who is average at best, for now......and you have some leadership in gash....which is all he is good for now.....

wr.....shaw is not very good....reed should have a good year, but not as good as price was last year....

i just don't get how gilbride is going to operate with the major lack of weapons.....balance has never been gilbride's strong suite....he is a pass first coach......and you guys lost a lot of horses from your pass game,.....even if they were ineffective lat year they were more dangerous in the pass game then what you have now.....

buffalo improved on paper, ya....but i question how much their record will improve.....

Hey, why was this moved? It was within the prevy of the Fin's forum, kind of comparing the Bills to the fins..it was also a good subject matter on the board.

Bodzilla....you are right on a lot of that stuff...

PS....on the thing with Sam Adams...that is why we made him eat a incentive laden contract....money is the only thing that motivates him........

Bodzilla,

I missed the part about major lack of weapons.....Rierisma and Centers were hardly used last year.....the pro bowl QB, running back, and wide reciever are still here.....so where is the lack?

Back
Top Bottom