Did the Bills improve over this offseason? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Bills improve over this offseason?

Did the Bills improve this offseason?

• Yes, they improved

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No, they did not improve

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Gonk
I don't think they did. Yes, they made some decent pick-ups on defense with Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams, but lost a bunch of key offensive guys.

On offense they lost Peerless Price, Larry Centers and Riesemara who were all a big part of the offense. The only one they brought in to replace those guys was FB Sam Gash to take Centers role. I don't think Gash is as good as he was, and think he won't be half as good as Centers was last year. They also lost K Mike Hollis.

Basically, they traded an awesome offense and a poor defense for a mediocre offense and mediocre defense... although they still have some major holes to fill all around (FS, SS, DE, CB, WR)

Did they improve?

this should go down as the most retarded post in the history of posting!

Gonk please step away from the keyboard, you have obviously proven that you cant handle it!

the funniest part of your post gonk was the reference to the spikes signing as a "decent" pickup! R u F'n kidding me? spikes was obviously the biggest defensive name out their , if not the biggest name in free agency! In fact he was the prize of FA!

Dude, u need to get real! Or atleast gain some football knowledge!

MDFinFan, It's Van Pelt if Drew goes down and the club seems to think he's O.K. From what I've seen the guy is fine, is a good athlete and has some talent. Peerless was a big loss, very big, similar to the Jets losing Coles. The Bills passing attack can't be the same without Peerless, Moulds will get mucho attention-stop Moulds and the Buffalo pass attack is over. This puts alot of pressure on the running game and we'll just have to wait and see if it's up to the challenge. I personally doubt it. Bledsoe can flat out chuck the hell out of the ball and I respect him but he has fewer weapons and he can be pressured and blitzed big time especially if the run game isn't up to last years' standards. I think the off-season losses outweigh the gains.

peerless was nothing prior to bledsoe.. period. and he wont be after.

I'm thinking Josh Reed will have more receiving yards this year than Peerless Price! Lets see who would you benefit more from having Eric Moulds lined up across from you or Brian Finneran? Hmmm tough call....lol:)

Okay Fin Fans. I will spell out how Pete Prisco is wrong.

1.Peerless Price 1252 yards 94 REC 9 TD's

2003 Predictions

Josh Reed 1000 yards 70 REC 7 TD's

2.Jay Riemersma 350 yards 32 REC 0 TD's

How can we replace those 2 REC's a game?

Mark Campbell 350 yards 32 REC 4 TD's

3. Larry Centers 388 yards 43 REC 0 TD's

Hmmm, do we have another running back we can use in the passing game?!

Travis Henry 600 yards 60 REC 3 TD's

And FINALLY Olandis Gary. Not receiving yards, but rushing yards!

Olandis Gary 400 yards rushing 2 TD's

There. That was too easy!

Keep in mind Bledsoe, Moulds, and Henry are the offense. Everyone else is a complimentary player and play supporting roles.

The biggest changes from offense will be the big, athletic offensive line now has a full year of experience and a new line coach. I actually think our offense can be BETTER next year. The game is won in the trenchs. Remember Indy? They had Manning, Harrison, and James. They STILL haven't found a real #2 but their offense was amazing. The reason is their line was also very good. The Bills success and failure on offense will come down to how well the offensive line plays and improves.

Originally posted by Tatonka
peerless was nothing prior to bledsoe.. period. and he wont be after.

Yeah, because going from Bledsoe to Vick is downgrading. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Regardless of talent level, both Larry Centers and Jay Riemersma were underused last year. Compare their numbers with the previous season and you'll find receptions for both of them were well down last season. While neither Moore or Campbell are known for their speed or route running, they both have pretty reliable hands and will probably do what Buffalo needs them to do as well as Remiersma did last year. Remiersma, by the way had a number of costly drops. While the Bills signed Gash to replace Centers, they are actually fairly high on Crosby at fullback. Crosby is not as nifty as Centers at finding weaknesses underneath in the zone, but caught a number of passes last year, and did not have any drops to my recollection. Gash may have the reputation as a monster blocker, but Crosby is pretty good at blocking too. The one significant thing that Buffalo gave up on the offence was having a #2 receiver with speed. I wanted Buffalo to find some speed to replace Reed with, but nobody is a sure thing. Shaw is faster than Reed, but not a true burner. Antonio Brown is a CFL refugee with world class wheels, but there has to be a reason that he's been up in Canada. I'll bet it's not universal health care. James Jett has plenty of speed still but there's quite a few miles on those wheels. I just don't know how much of a negative the speed factor will be, but I believe the defence gained a lot more than the offence lost.

Offense was your strongside. The Dolphins upgraded theier D cause that's their strongside. Now you guys just have to hope the players you brought in on D can perform as well as you think they can. . . .

Originally posted by Muck
Absolutely they improved. Especially on defense.

Heart and soul? He was and is a trash talking moss/owens wannabe. The penalties he cost the bills are enough to "lose" him for McGahee

Predaphin: "As long as Williams is there coach, the Bills will never improve."

Um. Buffalo went from 3-13 two years ago to 8-8 last year under Williams. Whether Williams is good enough to take the Bills to the playoffs is yet to be determined, but I think it's pretty well established the Bills can improve under Williams.

Originally posted by TigerJ
Predaphin: "As long as Williams is there coach, the Bills will never improve."

Um. Buffalo went from 3-13 two years ago to 8-8 last year under Williams. Whether Williams is good enough to take the Bills to the playoffs is yet to be determined, but I think it's pretty well established the Bills can improve under Williams.

They certainly couldent have gotten much worse...

well, scratch that, they could have gotten 3 games worse. ;)

Today Peter King of SI said the Bills have very much improved, and definitely have a team capable of taking the East, more so than Miami

Back
Top Bottom