Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season?

Would you prefer to lose out or win em all?

• Total voters
Lose out and grab Derwin James FS. Finally fix a glaring in the back end of the defense and provide some much needed leadership.

Lose out and grab Derwin James FS. Finally fix a glaring in the back end of the defense and provide some much needed leadership.

I love Derwin James, but he is best as a SS...great in the box.

I cannot endorse losing out to get a higher draft pick no matter how tempting it may seem. I can understand the logic behind such a scenario but that type of approach is awful. You play to win, whether it be sports, life, relationships....etc.

It doesn't matter, I just root for the team which has no impact on the outcome of the games. I understand losing out helps us possibly acquire elite talent but I also understand what I want doesn't matter, this is where many finheavners fail. I can't stand the folks who start the, "Meaningless Wins" or the "The Guys Who Root For The Team to Win Don't Get It" threads. I've even seen posters go as far as sort of blame fans for the wins they didn't want. I'm going to cheer how I cheer and the team is going to win or lose regardless as the 2 are not connected. I wish more fans understood this very simple concept.

Last time this board was in lose out mode everyone was upset it didn't happen. How many super bowls have the Colts won since they sucked for Luck. The way this place was acting it has to be every Super Bowl since 2012 right?.

I am sure many of you who are rooting for the team to lose out do not wish for the team to "quit." Equally, I am sure some of you actually would like to see them tank.

Regardless of whether or you want the team to tank or not, from my perspective, losing is never good, no matter the circumstance. Losing can become acceptable, or even a culture. In reality, it is a disease; a hard one to cure.

The note above about Luck is worth considering. Also worth considering, is the question of just how costly winning has been to the Pats, Seahawks and Packers been over the last several years? I know the Dolphins are not any of those teams, but the point is, they maintain a winning culture and continually find players at the bottom of the draft rounds who contribute to that culture.

I believe losing out would be far more damaging to this team than the benefit of the first pick over the tenth. I am convinced that if you really look at the history of the draft, the drop off from one to ten is minuscule. However, if you look around at the teams who are regularly picking in the top five, you will find losing cultures. Is that your wish for the Dolphins??

I am not looking through rose colored glasses. I know there are problems. I personally am very concerned about T-baum. But to that point, in my mind, his presence diminishes the value of an ultra high pick anyway. The team could lose out, get a top three pick and still end up with a crappy player, or make a bad trade down and get two crappy players.

Anyway, I want the team and every player to play to win and I want them to have some evidence that the team is capable of winning, even in a season where nothing has gone right. I never want to see the attitude that there is no chance or that winning is acceptable for some reasons. Accepting losing is never justifiable in my mind. Rooting for it is even worse.

Front office has proved inept whether we pick top 10 or in the 20s. I'd rather win.

I root for the Dolphins to win. But every week when they zoom in on our helmets I'm so furious with Mike Dee I hope something miserable is happening to him every second of every day.

I root for the Dolphins to win. But every week when they zoom in on our helmets I'm so furious with Mike Dee I hope something miserable is happening to him every second of every day.

They'll change the logo and uniforms soon enough. There's nothing about this "era" of Dolphins football that's going to be either sentimentalized or memorialized. Given the track record with major franchise decisions, however, I have little confidence that the change will result in a substantial improvement.

I have spent considerable time scrutinizing the remaining schedule. If the Dolphins tank, they could possibly end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft.

If the 49ers are going to start Garropollo, they could go on a winning streak. 49ers played the Eagles as tough as anyone this year. They aren't that bad when healthy.

Giants,Colts, and especially the Bears and Broncos have plenty of good opportunities for wins.

Tampa Bay and Chicago will follow us in draft order because of strength of schedule.

Jets seem to always get so close, they will also have a couple of shots at wins.

Let's get our QB, baby!!

First time in my life I've ever wanted to lose out........Not even during the "suck for Luck" year.

But we need an elite QB. I've always been a supporter of Tanny, but I don't think he will ever get us a ring. It's time. Not to mention, a good QB can mask a team's deficiencies.

Dammit Tannyhill, you should'a fixed the knee.

If Miami could knock the Bills or Jets out of the playoff hunt I'd like to win those games. Other than that.........lose em' all.

I mean honestly the AFC is a hot mess if the Jags ar 7-4 are the 4th best team.

Back
Top Bottom