Does Steve Ross's Age Matter For The Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Steve Ross's Age Matter For The Dolphins?

Says the guy who wants to trade for Justin Fields or bring back Tannehill.
Again, it is looking like 2024 will be a season for a 1-year contract bridge QB. That could be Justin Fields , Davis Mills , Ryan Tannehill, or several other guys who want a shot to prove what they can do.
Another reasonable option is to give Tua another shot, letting him play the 5th year option of his rookie contract.

QB's get paid all the time on the potential that they have.
Yes, and that is why 4 years ago the Dolphins signed Tua to a 4-year $30 million dollar contract. He was paid for his potential and we watched him play.

Again, it is looking like 2024 will be a season for a 1-year contract bridge QB. That could be Justin Fields , Davis Mills , Ryan Tannehill, or several other guys who want a shot to prove what they can do.
Another reasonable option is to give Tua another shot, letting him play the 5th year option of his rookie contract.
They will sign Tua to a new long term contact, which they should. Tannehill is nothing but a backup QB at this stage of his career. Fields is a bad NFL QB and that’s why the Bears are looking to trade him. David Mills is a joke.

If you don’t like the fact Tua is going to remain the Dolphins QB for several years to come, there are 31 other teams you can always root for.

If you don’t like the fact Tua is going to remain the Dolphins QB for several years to come, there are 31 other teams you can always root for.
I have a feeling that should the Dolphins now sign Tua to an extension and the team finishes at 8-9 next season, all the current Tua fanboys here will conveniently forget that they lobbied for his big contract.

I have a feeling that should the Dolphins now sign Tua to an extension and the team finishes at 8-9 next season, all the current Tua fanboys here will conveniently forget that they lobbied for his big contract.
🤣

Yet you want Justin Fields to come here.

Justin Fields has an 11-29 record in his career.

Tua Tagovailoa has a record of 32-19 as a starter in his career even with Flores as his HC

And then what?

You are not good at this.
As I previously wrote, 2024 should be a season that the Dolphins utilize a bridge QB or two, and reevaluate a year from now. Other than Tua, for the McD era we've seen only Jacoby Brisset, and Skylar Thompson.

If they finish 8-9 next year, it won’t be because of Tua. Yet if they have Tannehill, Fields, or Mills as their QB, they would be lucky if they finished better than 4-13 in 2024. None of those QB’s are anywhere close to Tua as an NFL QB.

As I previously wrote, 2024 should be a season that the Dolphins utilize a bridge QB or two, and reevaluate a year from now. Other than Tua, for the McD era we've seen only Jacoby Brisset, and Skylar Thompson.
I am so thankful that the Dolphins actually have competent individuals running their organization instead of individuals that have no idea what they are doing. Obviously you prefer a front office and coaching staff who are clueless.

I honestly think Ross wants to win.
I think the key for the management is to realize what they have in Tua, and understand what he is and what he isn't.
It isn't going to be easy getting to a Super Bowl through Mahomes, Allen, Burrow. But it can be done.
Tua needs a powerful run game and a stalwart defense. They need to build that line and get a big WR for the outside who will allow Hill, Waddle, and a TE to run free across the middle.
And they have to draft like bosses. I think that's the key to achieving all of the above. No trading away picks, and nail the ones they make.

Ross the very successful real estate developer bought a football franchise and has spent good money making it one of the NFL players most desirable teams. That said, he's hired people who have had their own agenda to put forth that caused little progress on the field. Ross only has so much time left. Many hate Ross for existing because of the blunders, yet he has seemingly 'righted the ship'. Ross didn't know the business aspect of owning a football team. I think he is learning how to win just as the 'football people' he hired are, it takes time. In today's world of instant gratification, there is little appreciation for effort put forth that doesn't achieve success. Many don't see the progress for what it's worth. Grier danced through his combine press conference dodging answers about every free agent but one, our 'boy's' favorite, Tua. I say GTF off Ross' back and enjoy the progress for what it's worth, and look forward to a team that has shown improvement the last few years, and shows signs of continuing the trend, despite all the "bridge jumpers" and "naysayers" here on the forum. Ross can hunt.

Back
Top Bottom