Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald

With this interchangeable safety garbage, all the opposition has to do is run the ball with a smidgen of success (which they will vs our fronts attacking philosophy) and our defense is shot to ****.

As soon as we rock one of these safeties to the box, it takes our CBs press coverage off the table b/c we don't a a FS with range to cover from the MOF, and opens up a whole 'nother can of worms in secondary issues.

He doesn't count on the 53 until he's reinstated.

I love this signing. Love the player. Could be wrong but I think he played FS at USC. Hopefully if all goes well we sign him to a long term deal next year.

Now we can focus on DE, G, and LB in the draft. Sign Zach Brown and you can plug DT or CB in.

This makes no sense. Why sign a guy for 16 games when he'll miss 8?

"An eight-game suspension is a little outside the NFL norm for DUI cases. Recent suspensions in similar cases have typically been of the two-game variety. McDonald has no known history of substance abuse issues, so it's possible he could appeal the ban."

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

This makes no sense. Why sign a guy for 16 games when he'll miss 8?

because he's 1000 times better than the current 53rd man on your roster, and you're paying him nothing (in NFL dollars).

boy if you are a rookie are you gonna have a hard time finding snaps this year on this team

I think it is a great sign for the young guys - Gotta earn time on the field...Nothing like good old competition

well when we get caught in single high and they have no one on the back end with the range and instincts for it and we get smoked by it we'll have no one to blame but ourselves...they like these strong box safety types and you can only play cover 2 and 2 deep if you stop the run and get teams behind the sticks...they better stop the run

I agree with most on this. Great move. Even if is suspension is not reduced (which it could be), you still get a potentially high impact (and perhaps motivated) Safety for at least the second half of the season (if not more), going into the playoffs. Very minimal money involved and if it doesn't work, just cut or let expire. How on earth that can be seen as bad, I have no idea.

Some of you guys are miserable with everything this team does unless the name Tannehill is involved lol. Welcome to Miami TJ!!

"An eight-game suspension is a little outside the NFL norm for DUI cases. Recent suspensions in similar cases have typically been of the two-game variety. McDonald has no known history of substance abuse issues, so it's possible he could appeal the ban."

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

because he's 1000 times better than the current 53rd man on your roster, and you're paying him nothing (in NFL dollars).

You would think this logic is obvious but I guess to some it isn't.

Some of you guys are miserable with everything this team does unless the name Tannehill is involved lol. Welcome to Miami TJ!!

Tell me about it. Not only are they bad moves, but they're franchise ruining in their eyes. Lighten up people. We didn't necessarily sign him to start....sheesh

well when we get caught in single high and they have no one on the back end with the range and instincts for it and we get smoked by it we'll have no one to blame but ourselves...they like these strong box safety types and you can only play cover 2 and 2 deep if you stop the run and get teams behind the sticks...they better stop the run

Reshad could play single high in a pinch, it's not like he's lacking speed, instincts or ball skills lol. T.J gives us more talent, depth, and options in the secondary, all of which were sorely needed.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 58m58 minutes ago
More
T.J. McDonald signed a one year contract but Dolphins view it as a "one-day contract." He screws up one day, he's gone.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 45m45 minutes ago
More
McDonald said he made assurances to the Dolphins that his past behavior would not be repeated but words "only mean so much." Has to prove it

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

More
More McDonald: "I've got to be hungry, stay clean. Make sure this doesn't happen again. ... I don't have any wiggle room."

More
More McDonald: "I'm definitely paying a price for the mistakes I've made. I'm definitely going to learn from it."

I LOVE THE NEW MIAMI!!! Great signing and a BIG dude. When he came to Tampa he looked like a small LBer. Extremely well spoken and a nice dude.
This was right after Quinn got his contract extended. He was as happy as anyone would be after signing a 5 yr 65 mil deal lol Couldn't stop smiling while signing graphs.
Hayes is a stand up dude himself..good dude from my experiences.
PHINS UP!!

Reshad could play single high in a pinch, it's not like he's lacking speed, instincts or ball skills lol. T.J gives us more talent, depth, and options in the secondary, all of which were sorely needed.

:lol:

The 16 other teams on our schedule for '17 hope so too. Weren't you just talking about logic a few posts ago?

reshad is not a single high safety and tj doesn't give us anything for 8 games

does it improve the position depth though? yes it does week 9 or 10 and on

Back
Top Bottom