Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 58m58 minutes ago
More
T.J. McDonald signed a one year contract but Dolphins view it as a "one-day contract." He screws up one day, he's gone.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 45m45 minutes ago
More
McDonald said he made assurances to the Dolphins that his past behavior would not be repeated but words "only mean so much." Has to prove it

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

More
More McDonald: "I've got to be hungry, stay clean. Make sure this doesn't happen again. ... I don't have any wiggle room."

More
More McDonald: "I'm definitely paying a price for the mistakes I've made. I'm definitely going to learn from it."

:bobdole:

this dudes like on aldon smith thin ice

Seems like low risk high reward guy here. How old is he?

Ozzy rules!!

Way to reward a player upon being suspended. Stupid ****ing move.

This is a damn great signing for that price. He provides depth just in case Jones or Allen get hurt, and he can probably reduce that suspension by filing an appeal. Anyone who questions this signing is blind.

Not blind, just ignorant :up:

Anybody have any opinion about his range in coverage?

He's another Strong safety.

For some reason we believe we're going to be able to stop the run with our front 7 and not be fooled by PA despite the fact that we coach the LB unit to read run first.

Does he play Strong Safety or Free Safety or fully interchangeable?

He's more of a SS than a free, but has the ability to play free as well. He may not be an ideal high safety for us with Reshad in the box, but he's a huge upgrade to our safety group and we are getting him for peanuts. The suspension is the only reason we can afford him, very smart move. Aikens and Thomas are horrible safety's at this level, and everyone else is an unknown.

From what I'm gathering Miami is expecting him to play both.

interchangeable kinda like nate allen although his games more strong

with a one strike and you're out of here caveat

I would assume too we have to carry him on the 53

Back
Top Bottom