Dolphins bash Florida Legislature for failing to pass stadium bill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bash Florida Legislature for failing to pass stadium bill

He is a big time businessman he knows how legislation works. We cannot keep blaming PArcells for everything.

Yeah I'm sure he does that, I was referring to the League awarding Super Bowls and a possible reason why he hadn't jumped on this in the last few years. I feel like he was probably thinking that just because it's Miami, he would always be in the running.

Yeah I'm sure he does that, I was referring to the League awarding Super Bowls and a possible reason why he hadn't jumped on this in the last few years. I feel like he was probably thinking that just because it's Miami, he would always be in the running.

well the NFL told him about this a while back. And that was under the old system. Now the NFL is using superbowls in many more areas. Teams may only get a superbowl every ten years the way its going now.

well the NFL told him about this a while back. And that was under the old system. Now the NFL is using superbowls in many more areas. Teams may only get a superbowl every ten years the way its going now.

There's no doubt he screwed the pooch on that. I think he's gotten a rude awakening with this whole damn mess, so maybe he'll get it figured. I haven't been to JRS (I'll always call it that) in a long time, but I'd sure love to get back down there after a first class renovation.

Thanks, I have a better understanding of your position now. I'll give him a pass on the snafu with the Dodger ownership though ... I mean if he's top two or three, that's not too shabby.

So if his numbers were at or close to that 67% or his claimed 70% in reality, this would be a different issue for you. I understand your concern.

My concern is the numbers dont add up to what he said out of his own mouth
So in addition to a 150 million being pledged by NFL

Miami-Dade would pay the Dolphins a maximum of about $289 million over 26 years, in monthly payments. The Dolphins have also asked state lawmakers for an additional $90 million over 30 years, as an annual $3 million sales-tax rebate. Since the 1990s, Sun Life has received an annual $2 million state sales-tax subsidy to retrofit the facilities for baseball. The Marlins left the stadium in 2011, and the subsidy ends in 2023.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/13/3342759/a-breakdown-of-the-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

As for the snafu I dont know if you are going to say u have spent the most money u should know what you are tallking about.
Its not like the dodgers barely cost more. Maybe also Ross should sell a share of the team to another investor and still keep majority ownership

There's no doubt he screwed the pooch on that. I think he's gotten a rude awakening with this whole damn mess, so maybe he'll get it figured. I haven't been to JRS (I'll always call it that) in a long time, but I'd sure love to get back down there after a first class renovation.

I dont know maybe because Im Infantry I think Stadiums are going to hell . I mean yea they are nice but u are watching a damn football game. I also dont undertand making the capacity 65000 when two years ago we averaged 67,000 fans. We have averaged over 73000 fans in 2002. I dont know I dont go to football games to spend, 100 dollars on a ticket, 25 dollars parking 50 dollars on beer and food to watch the worlds biggest tv.
I went to a spurs game it was relatively cheap and I had a blast

I dont know maybe because Im Infantry I think Stadiums are going to hell . I mean yea they are nice but u are watching a damn football game. I also dont undertand making the capacity 65000 when two years ago we averaged 67,000 fans. We have averaged over 73000 fans in 2002. I dont know I dont go to football games to spend, 100 dollars on a ticket, 25 dollars parking 50 dollars on beer and food to watch the worlds biggest tv.
I went to a spurs game it was relatively cheap and I had a blast

Yean I'm an old grunt myself. If I could I'd see my Phins sitting on side of a hill, I'd be happy.
As it stands now, thank God for Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket.
But you bring up a good point that I've been hesitant to talk about, which is, is JRS really in such bad shape that we can't get Superbowls or is this just the NFL's BS? I mean the Hotels are top notch, plenty of activities in South Florida, excellent dining, it's just a damn game... Whatever, I guess ... I just want the Phins to always be there.

Awesome! Good to see someone like minded AND a phins fan :lol: Notch up in my book, man :brewskis:

Same here ... but yeah that's why it's such a tough issue for me. Conflicting emotion and the added disadvantage of not being down there to have all the local ins and outs of the issues. Cheers!

Yean I'm an old grunt myself. If I could I'd see my Phins sitting on side of a hill, I'd be happy.
As it stands now, thank God for Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket.
But you bring up a good point that I've been hesitant to talk about, which is, is JRS really in such bad shape that we can't get Superbowls or is this just the NFL's BS? I mean the Hotels are top notch, plenty of activities in South Florida, excellent dining, it's just a damn game... Whatever, I guess ... I just want the Phins to always be there.

i dont doubt it could use renovation but some of it is NFL BS. I mean u awarded a super bowl in 2010, the bcs title game was just played here.
I think the NFL is comepletely done with the rotation system. The rest of the owners are asking for their share

if the stadium was so bad why was it being considered in the first place. Thats a backwards system thats designed to keep throwing a carrot to blackmail with

Chicago is still hurting from renovating their one stadium and taxpayers are not going to pay for another stadium right now esp with their bed tax having shortfalls that the taxpayer is making up at first without them even knowing.
LA hasnt supported any football team and speaking of economic crunch they are having to renovate the Dodgers stadium and how long have they talked about building this stadium.
As for San Antonio they have to renovate that stadium if they get an NFL team . So lets see move to a new city then have to renovate the stadium for about 200 million plus im pretty sure that San Antonio is not just going to give away all profit from stadium to a new owner like the deal that an owner has in Miami.

In all these scenarios Ross will either be paying out more money or taking a hit for selling a team to an owner that will move them paying for a stadium he will never use.

So next city

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Here are the exact numbers as I under stand them

ow much would the county pay?

Miami-Dade would pay the Dolphins a maximum of about $289 million over 26 years, in monthly payments. The Dolphins have also asked state lawmakers for an additional $90 million over 30 years, as an annual $3 million sales-tax rebate. Since the 1990s, Sun Life has received an annual $2 million state sales-tax subsidy to retrofit the facilities for baseball. The Marlins left the stadium in 2011, and the subsidy ends in 2023.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/13/3342759/a-breakdown-of-the-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

Then there is the 150 million loan from nfl. Where did this 70 percent number come from
Bro they were just saying the other day in an article I was reading that Chicago and the NFL want another team in there so it will be easier to get a new stadium deal. LA has land to develop and if the Chargers and another team committed to share the facility I could see that happening as the NFL really wants that to happen. San Antonio like having the Chargers there for a bit several years ago. Texas is very active in bringing new business to there state. I just want us as fans not to think that for sure the Dolphins won't ever move and leave Miami. This could be more a possibility when the economy improves.

They need to work through this. I don't think the Dolphins will do a deal like Marlins did. At the end of the day both sides can say they really gave it all they could. If the team were to be sold and leaves, then nothing wasn't left on the table that could of avoided that.

Everyone talks about the Marlins deal. That's not even close to the only publicly funded deal done in Miami. There's plenty other examples and it's part of the reason why Miami is in bad shape financially.

Everyone talks about the Marlins deal. That's not even close to the only publicly funded deal done in Miami. There's plenty other examples and it's part of the reason why Miami is in bad shape financially.
I understand bro, but do they get smarter and doing these deals, or risk of the team moving? I know they made some bad deals in the past, but how long does that impact any future deals and the growth of the community?

Last edited by a moderator:
San Antonio always is hosting the Cowboys for camps as well in the dome. My brother took me to one training session years ago and there were a lot of fans there.

Bro they were just saying the other day in an article I was reading that Chicago and the NFL want another team in there so it will be easier to get a new stadium deal. LA has land to develop and if the Chargers and another team committed to share the facility I could see that happening as the NFL really wants that to happen. San Antonio like having the Chargers there for a bit several years ago. Texas is very active in bringing new business to there state. I just want us as fans not to think that for sure the Dolphins won't ever move and leave Miami. This could be more a possibility when the economy improves.

It all depends on how much Ross or a new owner want to take as a loss . texas is very active but san Antonio is just not going to give all revenue froma stadium they built to some owner. Also about 200 million in renovations needed for an NFL team.

I guarantee Chicago is not going to foot the bill for brand new stadium when they have had major budget deficits
Chicago’s budget deficit for fiscal 2012 is projected to be $635.7 million, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said today, and could approach $800 million by 2014.
The gap is almost $50 million wider than the city’s estimate of $587 million when Emanuel became mayor of the nation’s third-largest city in May.
“We have a structural problem, and the moment of truth has arrived,” Emanuel said at a City Hall news conference. “An economic recovery will not solve this problem for us.”
Chicago’s budget for the current year is $3.2 billion. Emanuel is scheduled to present his fiscal plan for 2012 in October.
The city has projected a budget deficit every year since 2001, reflecting a “structural” problem with city finances, he said. The mayor said that while he won’t reduce the city’s police force, he will seek work-rule change from employees. He again ruled out tax increases for people who “feel nickeled and dimed.

illinois as a state is in major financial problem.

La is facing about a 170 million dollar budget deficit

Hell Miami had a 20 million dollar budget deficit last year, down from 100,000 in 2011

It all depends on how much Ross or a new owner want to take as a loss . texas is very active but san Antonio is just not going to give all revenue froma stadium they built to some owner. Also about 200 million in renovations needed for an NFL team.

I guarantee Chicago is not going to foot the bill for brand new stadium when they have had major budget deficits
Chicago’s budget deficit for fiscal 2012 is projected to be $635.7 million, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said today, and could approach $800 million by 2014.
The gap is almost $50 million wider than the city’s estimate of $587 million when Emanuel became mayor of the nation’s third-largest city in May.
“We have a structural problem, and the moment of truth has arrived,” Emanuel said at a City Hall news conference. “An economic recovery will not solve this problem for us.”
Chicago’s budget for the current year is $3.2 billion. Emanuel is scheduled to present his fiscal plan for 2012 in October.
The city has projected a budget deficit every year since 2001, reflecting a “structural” problem with city finances, he said. The mayor said that while he won’t reduce the city’s police force, he will seek work-rule change from employees. He again ruled out tax increases for people who “feel nickeled and dimed.

illinois as a state is in major financial problem.

La is facing about a 170 million dollar budget deficit

Hell Miami had a 20 million dollar budget deficit last year, down from 100,000 in 2011
I just believe that this a road that Miami, the state of Florida, or the fans want to go down. If Ross sells this team it could become very interesting. Also the NFL may do more (Financial Funding) in other cities for two teams rather than just one in Miami. Thanks for the conversation bro even though we see it differently.

Back
Top Bottom