Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline

I hope they wait unless he takes a very team friendly deal. 4 games doesnt warrent a big extension.

For those that say he should have resigned him earlier , why like he knew that Hartline was gonna have a huge game. Hartline had done nothing that made him a must resign early player .
If he keeps playing well then Im sure we will get it done. Im not a big Ireland fan and would help him pack but you cant pile on him for not predicting lottery numbers. Lets quit evaluating Hartline on one game. Lets see what he can do for more games and evaluate his complete body of work

i would draw the line at $5 mil per...anything more than that and imo i'd rather just go out and get a true win wr on the outside against high end nfl corners...heck we need that still no matter what hartlines contract comes in at...but i wouldn't pay more than $5 mil per to retain hartlines services...

Hartline will be 26 next month. I'm thinking a 4-5 year deal for around $16- $20M, a nice signing bonus, and around $3M salary to start.

Go back and read posts from the preseason. Most on here wanted Hartline cut now they can blame Ireland for late talks on a contract extension.

While there were some that wanted to cut Hartline, most wanted to keep him....at least in the threads I was involved in. I'm sure there were others as well. Maybe only 10 to 20 percent wanted him cut from what I saw. I was saying they were crazy......but to be fair. No one thought Hartline would play this well. No one

While there were some that wanted to cut Hartline, most wanted to keep him....at least in the threads I was involved in. I'm sure there were others as well. Maybe only 10 to 20 percent wanted him cut from what I saw. I was saying they were crazy......but to be fair. No one thought Hartline would play this well. No one

I dont remember anyone wanting him cut esp with the crap at receiver we had.

If they wait till end of season and he continues to put up monster numbers he'll be worth lot more then. I agree if its a team friendly deal then give him the extension. The other thing is T-Hill and Hartline do have a good connection and will only be better with time.

If they wait till end of season and he continues to put up monster numbers he'll be worth lot more then. I agree if its a team friendly deal then give him the extension. The other thing is T-Hill and Hartline do have a good connection and will only be better with time.

If he he puts up monster enough numbers and he doesnt resign put a tender on him and collect the draft pick. Not worth risk of overpaying now

i recall many people hating on hartline ever since he was drafted.

I think many people are not huge fans but I dont remember alot of hating. At the time based on production I felt he was overdrafted but he has been a solid player. Now after a great game people want to judge him just based on this one game, I wont I will take a wait and see approach. He was invisible the prior week and then destroyed . I would love to keep him here but he is not worth a big contract at this time, now if puts up a few more really good games sign him up otherwise offer a decent contract and wait

If he he puts up monster enough numbers and he doesnt resign put a tender on him and collect the draft pick. Not worth risk of overpaying now

Is he restricted free agent at the end of the season or unrestricted? I thought him, Long, Starks and Bush were all unrestricted free agents after this season?

not just 1 good game it is 2 great games out of 4, remember he had that other 100 yard game vs. the Raiders, only 50 yards in each of the other 2 games so have to be careful. I say give him 2 more games and see what the normal turns out to be. 50 yards when he is being keyed on is not terrible

One thing I'll give Dawn Aponte and Ireland credit for is they dont hand out ridiculous contracts.

Karlos Dansby disagrees...$10.7 million cap hit
Richard Marshall disagrees...2013 $5.7 million
Tony McDaniel LAUGHS $4.1 million
Lydon Murtha chuckles $1.92 million
Kevin Burnett SMILES $ 5.3 million

27.72 million on these 5 players
and we had to buy out Marshall and Carey for another $10 million

Back
Top Bottom