Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline

Talk about a ridiculous statement, I'd love to see some evidence that even 10% of fans wanted to see Hartline go let alone ALL fans. And if Ireland did what the fans wanted he would have fired himself a long time ago

A good GM is supposed to have good foresight, anybody, even my dad whos never watched a football game in his life could sign a guy after he gets to see how he performs. The more I think about it the more I realize how terrible it is to wait and see. This reminds me of a situation in poker where its correct to either raise or fold but calling is wrong. GROW SOME BALLS IRELAND AND STOP BEING A CALLING STATION FISH!!

They were talking about this on wqam and Locanfora was scratching his head wondering how Ireland lets so many players get so deep into their contracts. He listed off a bunch of teams that are all perennial winners and said the one thing they have in common is they get their good young talent into second contracts early. Think about it, they lock them up for longer at A MUCH CHEAPER price because of inflation. When you do it that way you can pay them above what even they might think they're worth but in the end it works out well for the team.

You can say its too hard or too risky or whatever to make predictions but that is his job, that is why we pay him millions of dollars.

I completely disagree on the contract extensions for this team, at this time. Why would you extend players without knowing who is gonna be coaching them or what schemes they are gonna be playing?

Last year, it was most knowing that Sparano would be gone. We finally signed Philbin, and were going after Peyton. If we got Peyton, he changes the entire financial structure of the team. However, we change everything on O and D, you have to see how players fit the changes.

I have no problem with Ireland waiting, and having a ton of money available to get what the new coaches need, after they get a chance to assess what they have. Add in the injury concerns on Hartline and Long, as well as very inconsistent play from Smith. I believe Irish did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom