Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins begin preliminary talks about a contract extension with WR Brian Hartline

Karlos Dansby disagrees...$10.7 million cap hit
Richard Marshall disagrees...2013 $5.7 million
Tony McDaniel LAUGHS $4.1 million
Lydon Murtha chuckles $1.92 million
Kevin Burnett SMILES $ 5.3 million

27.72 million on these 5 players
and we had to buy out Marshall and Carey for another $10 million

Didn't those stats everyone on here values so highly show that Dansby has been the second best player in the league in his position this season? Sounds like he is earning his pay to me.

Is he restricted free agent at the end of the season or unrestricted? I thought him, Long, Starks and Bush were all unrestricted free agents after this season?

unrestricted free agent wasnt thinking on that but still would not overpay him now based on one huge game

What kind of contract are we looking at now in comparison to 2 months ago?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

We pprobably could have had him for 3-3.5 mill per year before

What kind of contract are we looking at now in comparison to 2 months ago?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

We pprobably could have had him for 3-3.5 mill per year before

And what reason would we have had to resign him to that much based on what he had done. Much ado about nothing He is not going to go out and go for 200 yards a game every week.
If he continues on a great pace give him a fair contract and if he wants too much good bye

Talk about buying high. Hey Jeff, this is something that maybe you should have done earlier.
This is a pretty simple thing to say when you've got hindsight on your side .. Remember, prior to this season most if not ALL Dolphins fans didn't care if Hartline left in free agency. So don't try to blame Ireland for "buying high" now smh. Thats just a ridiculous statement

I think many people are not huge fans but I dont remember alot of hating. At the time based on production I felt he was overdrafted but he has been a solid player. Now after a great game people want to judge him just based on this one game, I wont I will take a wait and see approach. He was invisible the prior week and then destroyed . I would love to keep him here but he is not worth a big contract at this time, now if puts up a few more really good games sign him up otherwise offer a decent contract and wait

Eyes on with you man. That's exactly what I said. I never hated him, but was sorta like..."Really?" When we drafted him where he was drafted.
I;m on board with keeping him but, for a huge contract...meh..I dunno. There's no harm in opening up talks if he's the guy that this regime wants
and is playing within the system (Anyone remember McCafferty and Ed Jones?)

Eyes on with you man. That's exactly what I said. I never hated him, but was sorta like..."Really?" When we drafted him where he was drafted.
I;m on board with keeping him but, for a huge contract...meh..I dunno. There's no harm in opening up talks if he's the guy that this regime wants
and is playing within the system (Anyone remember McCafferty and Ed Jones?)

Last year he was nothing special and was targeted quite a bit but you cant deny he was great last game although the coverage was horrible at times

This is a pretty simple thing to say when you've got hindsight on your side .. Remember, prior to this season most if not ALL Dolphins fans didn't care if Hartline left in free agency. So don't try to blame Ireland for "buying high" now smh. Thats just a ridiculous statement

Talk about a ridiculous statement, I'd love to see some evidence that even 10% of fans wanted to see Hartline go let alone ALL fans. And if Ireland did what the fans wanted he would have fired himself a long time ago

A good GM is supposed to have good foresight, anybody, even my dad whos never watched a football game in his life could sign a guy after he gets to see how he performs. The more I think about it the more I realize how terrible it is to wait and see. This reminds me of a situation in poker where its correct to either raise or fold but calling is wrong. GROW SOME BALLS IRELAND AND STOP BEING A CALLING STATION FISH!!

They were talking about this on wqam and Locanfora was scratching his head wondering how Ireland lets so many players get so deep into their contracts. He listed off a bunch of teams that are all perennial winners and said the one thing they have in common is they get their good young talent into second contracts early. Think about it, they lock them up for longer at A MUCH CHEAPER price because of inflation. When you do it that way you can pay them above what even they might think they're worth but in the end it works out well for the team.

You can say its too hard or too risky or whatever to make predictions but that is his job, that is why we pay him millions of dollars.

I want to know about Devon Bess. He's always been consistent. He deserves an extension too if he hasn't gotten one already.

Well all I know is several people on this board who post regularly were pretty content with cutting Hartline. We even had some knuckleheads on here who wanted to cut Hartline and Bess which blew my mind. I called several of them straight up crazy and idiotic. For my good fortune of telling the truth I was "called" out for being a homer and having a crappy attitude. Funny how things work out.

Trust me there were people. People declaring Hartline and Bess were holding back our young receivers. HAHAHA what a bunch of idiots.

Who the hell were they holding back lol Moore will never be an NFL receiver, Wallace finally gone , Gates gone

Uh Dansby says hello as he swims on his millions.

I will say he did solid jobs on Wake and Soliai . I thought at first they gave Wake too much but further study made it a more solid contract. They way overpaid Richard Marshall. They overpaid Hicks for some reason and Murtha my god how did he get that contract lol

Back
Top Bottom