Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

They could have played in Pitt or Philly even. Not having a bye week is a huge deal man. Even the dolphins players aren't happy about it: Dolphins players were not happy about potentially postponing the game when the option was presented to them Tuesday. Nearly every player that met with the media wanted to play the Buccaneers this week and retain their bye.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...all-but-dolphins-season-becomes-more-diffcult

They already lost the home game with the London game .....how many home games do you think Ross would give up after spending 500 million on that stadium?

The folks in the Carolinas and Georgia aren't going to go out of there way to attend a Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Miami Dolphins game on Sunday when they're also about to be affected by this monster storm just a day or two later.

Fair enough. Pennsylvania like they suggested. Judging by the away venues I've attended for the dolphins, there would be little trouble getting people to attend.

It will be interesting to see whether/how the team rallies around the extra challenge of no mid-season bye. I don't think any of these players have done that before. I think the staff will have them mentally prepared for the challenge. I hope their bodies are up for it, too.

Look where the storm will be Sunday at 1pm: https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-10-18,21.412,-70.708,5

The eye is projected to be directly over the Ft Laud/Miami area. You really think the players focus is going to be on a game at the same time their family, friends, and city is dealing with this monstrosity?

IDGAF what your response is to that question. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows better and that is has nothing to do with money in this situation.

I may be remembering incorrectly but didn't the saints play during the destruction of Katrina? I think they even won. People have things to worry about that's true enough, but as another fan pointed out, watching the Dolphins play would be a welcomed distraction.

I may be remembering incorrectly but didn't the saints play during the destruction of Katrina? I think they even won. People have things to worry about that's true enough, but as another fan pointed out, watching the Dolphins play would be a welcomed distraction.

Nope. Katrina hit during preseason on a weekend and their games were on Thursdays. It also wasn't predicted to drift across Florida and then head up directly North into NO.

The '05 Saints then proceeded to play every single regular season game on the road as they split their home games b/w LSU and the Alamodome.

Let's just hope that there isn't significant damage to SoFL and specifically the stadium. Otherwise we might not be looking at an Oct. 1 home opener let alone the possibility of not being able to hold home games in general this season.

Last edited:
You don't throw any games by sitting starters unless you have the number one seed locked up....or your playoff seed locked up and the outcome of a game won't change it.

To throw a game at New England is a losers mentality...you will never win a championship that way.
Actually trying at New England has gotten Miami what exactly lately? lol I think throwing the game at New England would be huge. It's impossible to win in Cheatsboro anyways. My only concern would be Miami suffering the worst loss in team history if they did that.

Umm Saints didn't play a single game at home that season. They even got shafted and had their "home opener" at the Giants.

Umm Saints didn't play a single game at home that season. They even got shafted and had their "home opener" at the Giants.

Which is a realistic possibility for us, depending on how the stadium holds up. Hopefully that's not the case but would you rather play all away games with or without a bye?

Which is a realistic possibility for us, depending on how the stadium holds up. Hopefully that's not the case but would you rather play all away games with or without a bye?
And just like Miami this season, New Orleans' first home game wasn't until October. All road games probably wouldn't matter whether you had a bye or not.

Obviously I hope it never comes to this, but wonder where the Dolphins would play their home games assuming the worst happens.

Nope. Katrina hit during preseason on a weekend and their games were on Thursdays. It also wasn't predicted to drift across Florida and then head up directly North into NO.

The '05 Saints then proceeded to play every single regular season game on the road as they split their home games b/w LSU and the Alamodome.

Ya I wasn't exactly sure if it happened the week before or during the season. Regardless, is the aftermath that followed any better the when the storm hit? Plus countless fans were happy to have the distraction of football.

By my count... about 57 fully capable Pres of football operations and NFL commissioners right here on Finheaven. They're just asking the wrong people what they shoulda done.....

Back
Top Bottom