Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

Need to treat the game @ New England as a de facto bye and sit the starters. That's virtually a guaranteed loss anyway (Brady undefeated at home vs. Miami IIRC) and 16 games without a bye is just brutal. Borders on inhumane, quite frankly.

This is a VERY good idea! However I doubt that Gase will do it. I really hope he takes his competitive spirit out of his nature and go this direction. It would be a fantastic idea!

When week 11 roles around if both teams are
This is a VERY good idea! However I doubt that Gase will do it. I really hope he takes his competitive spirit out of his nature and go this direction. It would be a fantastic idea!

Not enough players on the roster to rest more than a handful of players that way. IF you rest 10 players, 5 on offense and 5 on defense that only leaves you with 40 positional players active. With 22 starters and only 18 players in reserve you're over playing some players and putting their health at more risk. Just call the Miami/Tampa game a tie and keep the week 11 bye. If it looks like the game could have a playoff impact then you could consider rescheduling it for the bye week.

Better yet let's just play 15 games this season and declare the Miami at New England game a tie and take that week off.

Last edited:
Just stop with this.

Evacuations start in South Florida tomorrow and are already in place for the Keys. Police and emergency personnel are on 12 hr shifts and aren't available for detail either.
I have no idea why they didn't just play this game Thursday Night.

Jeez, there will be a category 5 hurricane bearing down on the WHOLE state of Florida within 48 hours tomorrow night. I don't think having a game in a stadium tomorrow night packed with 10s of thousands of people is such a great idea. Talk about a traffic nightmare, as it is I bet the freeways down there are packed already.

It stinks that we have to give up our bye week, but considering what's heading for Florida I think the NFL made the smart decision here. Keeping people safe and out of harm's way is more important than trying to play a football game tomorrow night.

You don't throw any games by sitting starters unless you have the number one seed locked up....or your playoff seed locked up and the outcome of a game won't change it.

To throw a game at New England is a losers mentality...you will never win a championship that way.

Teams lived with no bye weeks with a sixteen game schedule for almost a dozen years. So be it. Let's see what the season brings. Florida...stay safe.

I still hope it doesn't migrate to inland Virginia and dump tons of rain. My leaky basement wouldn't like that very much.

Jeez, there will be a category 5 hurricane bearing down on the WHOLE state of Florida within 48 hours tomorrow night. I don't think having a game in a stadium tomorrow night packed with 10s of thousands of people is such a great idea. Talk about a traffic nightmare, as it is I bet the freeways down there are packed already.

It stinks that we have to give up our bye week, but considering what's heading for Florida I think the NFL made the smart decision here. Keeping people safe and out of harm's way is more important than trying to play a football game tomorrow night.

No It would've been smart to play the game in Atlanta or Carolina. To move it to the bye week was purely a money driven decision, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the fan's or player's safety. Absolutely the wrong decision.

No It would've been smart to play the game in Atlanta or Carolina. To move it to the bye week was purely a money driven decision, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the fan's or player's safety. Absolutely the wrong decision.

The folks in the Carolinas and Georgia aren't going to go out of there way to attend a Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Miami Dolphins game on Sunday when they're also about to be affected by this monster storm just a day or two later.

Look where the storm will be Sunday at 1pm: https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-10-18,21.412,-70.708,5

The eye is projected to be directly over the Ft Laud/Miami area. You really think the players focus is going to be on a game at the same time their family, friends, and city is dealing with this monstrosity?

IDGAF what your response is to that question. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows better and that is has nothing to do with money in this situation.

IMO, the NFL should just canceled a non-division game and played it at the end of the year if it had real consequents on the playoff's.

16 straight game without rest is brutal...

People are overblowing the bye. How many times does a team hit its stride midseason and fans groan: "Man, could our bye week be coming at a worse time"? Imo, there's just a good of chance that Miami is playing good football by week 11 and it proves to be an advantage that they keep playing.

Also, now the coaches and players have an entire season to account for 16 straight. While I don't expect Gase to rest players during games like some are speculating, I'm sure practice schedules will be adjusted accordingly all season long.

Just stop with this.

Evacuations start in South Florida tomorrow and are already in place for the Keys. Police and emergency personnel are on 12 hr shifts and aren't available for detail either.
They could have played in Pitt or Philly even. Not having a bye week is a huge deal man. Even the dolphins players aren't happy about it: Dolphins players were not happy about potentially postponing the game when the option was presented to them Tuesday. Nearly every player that met with the media wanted to play the Buccaneers this week and retain their bye.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...all-but-dolphins-season-becomes-more-diffcult

People are overblowing the bye. How many times does a team hit its stride midseason and fans groan: "Man, could our bye week be coming at a worse time"? Imo, there's just a good of chance that Miami is playing good football by week 11 and it proves to be an advantage that they keep playing.

Also, now the coaches and players have an entire season to account for 16 straight. While I don't expect Gase to rest players during games like some are speculating, I'm sure practice schedules will be adjusted accordingly all season long.

Here is a quote from one of the toughest players in the League: “Let’s be honest about it; it’s a long season,” Miami Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry said. “And I think the stretch after our bye week is probably one of the toughest -- if you want to be real about it -- probably the toughest in the NFL. That bye week will give us an opportunity to kind of get some guys healthy. In this NFL, in the league, you’re going to get banged up week in, week out. For us, that bye week, it comes at an appropriate time. For us, to keep it there would be huge."

Of course the players aren't happy about having to miss their bye week. Don't see many posters, if any at all, dismissing that factor.

It's about money they said. Wonder what the cost of running that venue tonight is with zero revenue being pulled in?

Play Thursday they said.

:roflmao

Back
Top Bottom