Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

It's a bad situation with a choice between a lot of bad alternatives. I get it.

And while I see this as the worst choice of all, it is exactly what I expected.

The only bright spot I can see is this: Hurricane Irma, the London "home" game, the constant long flights every week all over the country or accross the ocean, and the injuries to Tannehill and McMillan and all the others ... are all happening in the same season. Let's get all this bad mojo out once and for good.

We are long overdue for thi vs to start going our way.

Didn't realise it was literally inflated

Last edited:
I understand that everyone wants to see the team play, but player safety is more important, and I would rather see the players make sure they take care of their personal lives, rather than play a game. Its the right thing to do.

Disnt realise it was literally inflated

It's crazy how that thing works. I would think that you would feel pressure in your head in that building since it's literally holding in place just from sheer air pressure on the enclosure but it is completely normal. Those damn aliens they have in area 51 must have brought this. That and velcro....I mean seriously, how do those little threads hold that tight??

This was not a simple decision. It's not like the NFL ask the two HC's what they want to do. It takes a ton of people to have a game in Miami or any other places. 1000's of workers at the stadium plus security outside and on and on. All those resources need to be use for the whole city/state and not just for a football game. I know some players really didn't want to lose the bye week but at the end of the day they did what they had to do. This is not about what the players want or don't want. This is about making things as safe as possible for everyone in the state.

Ozzy rules!!

It goes both ways. Many have hurricane proof houses and built in bunkers within their houses to withstand such storms. My sister in WPB stayed with a family last year with those accommodations in place and said she couldn't even hear the winds of Hurricane Matthew inside the residence.

This may be a dumb question, but something I've been thinking about the last couple days, say people do have those bunkers? Are they underground I assume? Obviously they build them with the hurricanes in mind, but how do you prevent the flood from leaking into it, while still having all the other things you need, like fresh air, and maybe electricity? I guess I'm thinking more of a doomsday prepper type thing and not just for a quick storm lol

This is exactly why some of us have been saying there was never a chance at a Thursday game.

All these posts saying back to safety and for the best and back to what is important- take a long walk on a short pier. My 40+ year old house might fly away with me in it and id have liked to see 1 more Dolphins game before that happened. All of my friends and family feel the same way. The league didnt move the game to Thursday because it didnt benefit the GREEEEED.

We could be facing many rough days ahead. 1 Thursday game to take the focus off of what may come, to celebrate the good while we have it, to have a taste of a Sunday that may find a lot of us submerged in water, without electricity or missing a roof; bad idea? Sure it is, if you cant make bank off of it.

i thought this thread wasn't gonna have any weather related crap in it.

There's already a double standard thread dedicated to the storm on the front page when it has nothing to do with the dolphins and now it's found it's way in here too.

Nothing more really than a centrally located concrete safe room built to withstand extreme weather (or doomsday room I guess as well LOL). You can't dig underground here in Florida, especially near the coastline, b/c of issues with sinkholes and coral rock.
I figured as much, but just wasn't sure. I saw a show on tv, about a woman who owned a $25M ground floor apt in NYC, where her closet was actually a vault; and her windows were not only hurricane graded, but bullet proof as well. She mentioned how the windows kept the noise out and her closet was also her panic room, in case of an intruder. Since then, I've always wondered about things that you mentioned in your post. May I ask, hurricane proofing a house in Florida usually means the outer walls are made of cinder blocks and concrete? But what about the interiors of those homes? Still using wood or aluminum studs? I know there are codes, but I'm unfamiliar. Thanks Shula

hurricane-irma-path-latest-1056822.jpg

Notice how each update moves further and further east!

Back
Top Bottom