Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

Off-season from hell. So what happens if the stadium gets wrecked? This season has the potential to be a throwaway season that none of us will ever forget. We could see miami playing on saturdays in different stadiums every week. Heck, we might even get to see a 9-6 or 10-5 season.

Or maybe...just maybe...give individual players personal bye weeks in games they may not be as important? Playing a stiff run d? sit Ajayi...etc. Idk, that may be a little crazy, but we're gonna have to think outside of the box.

This isn't baseball or basketball. 16 games means you can't afford to essentially give up on a win.

plus it would be pretty insensitive to have our team out of state in relative safety while their families hunker down with a possible cat 5 ripping them a new one. I am disappointed that I won't get to see our fins this weekend, but honestly being with our families during this is much more important.

Sheesh. I think I am repeating myself in my last two posts. Dang, I think what little I have left of my memory is going. Getting old sucks!

You really believe a group of very wealthy people are going to leave their families in South Florida (of the ones that actually live there in the first place) regardless of if there was a game or not?
I would bet most of them already have their flights or of town and very comfy accommodations set up somewhere in middle America.

I'm not arguing against the decision, i just keep reading people saying this like these guys are going to be huddled in an apartment fighting for water. They have the means.... they're outta here!

You really believe a group of very wealthy people are going to leave their families in South Florida (of the ones that actually live there in the first place) regardless of if there was a game or not?
I would bet most of them already have their flights or of town and very comfy accommodations set up somewhere in middle America.

I'm not arguing against the decision, i just keep reading people saying this like these guys are going to be huddled in an apartment fighting for water. They have the means.... they're outta here!

I understand emotions are high, but people sure want to argue over stupid stuff today.

This sucks, could have played Thursday and been fine. It's not like the players and families would have waited until after the game to make plans. They would have flown home in time to do what they had to with many of the families already evacuated. Hell, if it was in Atlanta, many could have left straight from there to meet up with their families. From a player safety perspective, this puts them at much higher risk going 16 games straight including a 3 week stint where they have to fly out to LA, then back to NY, then out to the UK for a "home" game. The loss of a bye in which we play a tough Panthers team on Monday night, come back and play the Bucs, then play the Pats twice, the Broncos, Bills on the road, and Chiefs on the road with no break to end the season seriously puts a strain on our playoff hopes! This decision sucks and did not take in to consideration what the players wanted and from a players safety perspective is also a compete joke! With all that said, prayers for everyone that will be affected by the storm!

This sucks, could have played Thursday and been fine. It's not like the players and families would have waited until after the game to make plans. They would have flown home in time to do what they had to with many of the families already evacuated. Hell, if it was in Atlanta, many could have left straight from there to meet up with their families. From a player safety perspective, this puts them at much higher risk going 16 games straight including a 3 week stint where they have to fly out to LA, then back to NY, then out to the UK for a "home" game. The loss of a bye in which we play a tough Panthers team on Monday night, come back and play the Bucs, then play the Pats twice, the Broncos, Bills on the road, and Chiefs on the road with no break to end the season seriously puts a strain on our playoff hopes! This decision sucks and did not take in to consideration what the players wanted and from a players safety perspective is also a compete joke! With all that said, prayers for everyone that will be affected by the storm!

Police and emergency services are not available at this time due to a state of emergency being declared for the state of Florida, so that's why Thursday was not an option in South Florida.

Not too bad......TJ Macdonald in by then....Ted Larsen back!....The silver lining on the cyclone!:)

It goes both ways. Many have hurricane proof houses and built in bunkers within their houses to withstand such storms. My sister in WPB stayed with a family last year with those accommodations in place and said she couldn't even hear the winds of Hurricane Matthew inside the residence.

Sounds like where I need to be. Post that address and I'll be on my way :wink

It goes both ways. Many have hurricane proof houses and built in bunkers within their houses to withstand such storms. My sister in WPB stayed with a family last year with those accommodations in place and said she couldn't even hear the winds of Hurricane Matthew inside the residence.
Built in Bunker? That sounds fantastic. I've heard of "Safe Rooms" and "Panic Rooms" but never a home with a hurricane bunker. Please fill me in? I'm interested in things like that. Your insite will be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom