Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

I don't get it, on Oct. 25 2003 there was Cedar fire in California. There was a state of emergency declared and because of falling soot and particle matter, Dolphins were able to move immediately from San Diego to Devils stadium in Tempe and play the 27th.
I think this will have repercussions over the entire 16 game schedule, not just a game here or there.

I suspect that we may see backups being used more often during all 16 games in order to help keep our first team players from getting too worn down. Now we will see how much depth we really have and how coach Gase uses it. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, this may end up being the Dolphins finest hour.

That was later in the season, after bye weeks...the fact is us both having wk 11 byes ****ed us. It's bullshit.

Or maybe...just maybe...give individual players personal bye weeks in games they may not be as important? Playing a stiff run d? sit Ajayi...etc. Idk, that may be a little crazy, but we're gonna have to think outside of the box.
Adam Gase is going to earn his ****in paycheck this year. If he brings this team back to the playoffs again, serious coach of the year consideration.

There was no good solution for this problem. It sucks that we miss out on having a bye but the physical safety of South Floridians was paramount. If South Floridians are told to evacuate, time is of the essence.
While I'm sure that some players would prefer to play the game in Philadelphia and keep their bye, a decision needed to be made and locked in. Pushing the game forward to Thursday, Friday or Saturday were not good options due to the size of this hurricane and likely need to evacuate for safety reasons.
I think that the NFL has made the correct decision and it was predictable. Best of a series of bad options.

Should have moved the game to London the league and Ross would have been giddy for that.

In 2004 the dolphins opening day game scheduled for Sunday Sept. 12th at 1pm was rescheduled for Sat Sept. 11th at 1pm due to hurricane Ivan

I think playing Sunday at a diff location was not the ideal fix and understand the safety and prep and aftermath of a storm like this. Dealing w Sandy myself five years ago and being without power for 11 days I get it. But I also think the week 11 no bye week for these two teams is unfair. What would have been the downside to playing early as a Thursday night double header? Home game stays, game stays, bye stays, and hurricane prep and being with family stays.

What am I missing, why isn't that the quick fix? It seems like a no brainer. But of course this is the result I expected cause it's the NFL and common sense is lacking in many areas...

No?

Guess Robert Kraft told Goodell that make Miami play 16 weeks Straight so when we meet up in the playoffs we have advantage

I think playing Sunday at a diff location was not the ideal fix and understand the safety and prep and aftermath of a storm like this. Dealing w Sandy myself five years ago and being without power for 11 days I get it. But I also think the week 11 no bye week for these two teams is unfair. What would have been the downside to playing early as a Thursday night double header? Home game stays, game stays, bye stays, and hurricane prep and being with family stays.

What am I missing, why isn't that the quick fix? It seems like a no brainer. But of course this is the result I expected cause it's the NFL and common sense is lacking in many areas...

No?

Current NOAA projections have the possibility of it making a direct hit on South Florida on Sunday so voluntary evacs have already begun with possible mandatory evacs for South Florida starting tomorrow (Thurs).

Also police officers and other emergency services have already begun 12 hr shifts so they wouldn't be able to provide service to the game either.

No?
Robert Kraft will not let us take away his ratings on Thursday. He called Goodell and said don't even think about it.

No?

Governor declared a state of emergency for the entire state on Sunday I believe and there was probably little interest by local governments to gather law enforcement to assist when the strongest storm in Atlantic history is on a direct path.

My concern is how competitive will the team be if by some chance the Dolphins make it to the post season despite not having a bye week to rest.

You're missing the point of general safety which holds higher regard than a game.
Uh no. If this is the case, why hasn't the NFL paid out a single dollar to those that suffer from CTE? They really don't care about player's safety one bit buddy. They've shown a pattern of that.

Not gonna lie, stating against Phillip Rivers and the Chargers isn't a bad thing.

Then to NY? Miami could start out 2-0, key word there is could.

Not having a bye sucks, but this isn't a typical ordeal.

Back
Top Bottom