Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bucs Postponed until Week 11

My hunch is, the NFL postponed the game and moved it to week eleven, "ONLY" because BOTH teams shared a bye week. I'm willing to bet, that if that wasn't the case, they would have moved the game to another location to play the game this week. It was as if, they had a built in excuse to postpone the game to the shared bye week.

Uh no. If this is the case, why hasn't the NFL paid out a single dollar to those that suffer from CTE? They really don't care about player's safety one bit buddy. They've shown a pattern of that.
It's not about the players, it's about the public.

Can't have them worrying about a game when they have a ****ing hurricane to worry about.

Uh no. If this is the case, why hasn't the NFL paid out a single dollar to those that suffer from CTE? They really don't care about player's safety one bit buddy. They've shown a pattern of that.

I'm not arguing that point, but the decision was based on public safety which includes those on the team.

I'm not disputing that playing 16 straight poses extra risk to player health - that's clear - but the overall decision was based on the storm, not the game.

That is a whole other issue that people are bringing into the conversation that has nothing to do with Irma and playing on Sunday.

There are so many other things you are ignoring that made the bye week change the clear best move once moving the game up became an impossible task.

If your agenda is to coorelate player safety to the NFL postponing the game for the safety of the players and the people of South FL, I am not sure how much legs you have with that narrow point of view.

But whatever floats your boat, the whole CTE lawsuit stuff and player stuff is here to stay . . . We don't need it in a conversation about an emergency situation that is effecting up to 20 million people in Florida alone.

Give it up Nancy Drew. You are not a Hurricane expert. "I lived here my entire life, blah blah".

So have I (lived in FL my entire life) and have seen numerous storms do the exact opposite of what the "experts" think.

So you being a pretend "expert" when the actual experts have NO IDEA, is pretty comical.

If the storm stays out in the Atlantic, and you can finally change your undies, we will see how you back track in typical SOS fashion.

But until then, does somebody have a Bar for this guy? So the adults can get back to talking level headed about the current situations at hand?

Well when it hits Miami, like 90% of the models have it smacking it, which has tremendously gotten better over the years, I'm not gonna say they told you so....but.

They can't sit starters because of this. We are just gonna be a tired football team those 3 brutal stretch weeks.

And a road start all the way across the county isn't ideal either. Gase probably will give the players off til next Tuesday given this is now our bye week.

Royal mess. By week 11 matt Moore will probably be starting anyways if cutlers pattern of health continues its downward trend

At the end of the day wins and losses get people fired although I guess gase is gonna have a mulligan regardless of what happens this year.

This is the wrong forum for personal attacks. You should know this by now.

If you care as much about the gravity of this situation, stop posting, all you are doing is upsetting people....

Last edited by a moderator:
My hunch is, the NFL postponed the game and moved it to week eleven, "ONLY" because BOTH teams shared a bye week. I'm willing to bet, that if that wasn't the case, they would have moved the game to another location to play the game this week. It was as if, they had a built in excuse to postpone the game to the shared bye week.
Of course they moved to week 11 because they both had a bye week. Well, duh.

That is a whole other issue that people are bringing into the conversation that has nothing to do with Irma and playing on Sunday.

There are so many other things you are ignoring that made the bye week change the clear best move once moving the game up became an impossible task.

If your agenda is to coorelate player safety to the NFL postponing the game for the safety of the players and the people of South FL, I am not sure how much legs you have with that narrow point of view.

But whatever floats your boat, the whole CTE lawsuit stuff and player stuff is here to stay . . . We don't need it in a conversation about an emergency situation that is effecting up to 20 million people in Florida alone.

all im saying is that they had options. and they chose the most profitable option.

I don't think both teams having the same bye week was coincidence. Schedule was made to cover this possibility. All this dog and pony show was to appease NFLPA. Never was a doubt game would be moved to week 11.

all im saying is that they had options. and they chose the most profitable option.

Oh certainly dollars and cents were discussed. Any "business" will have this conversation in addition of ways to minimize financial loss. They had time to do this and staring them in the face was this bye week scenario that pretty much solves all issues. Like zucca said, there may have been a possibility that this was already preplanned for an emergency situation knowing these teams play each other.

If they did preplan the bye weeks, awesome job by that planner factoring in thhis type of situation and the NFL would be foolish to not take advantage.

losing our bye week gives us no chance to make the playoffs. for real though. look at our schedule. we'll do 8-8 at best.

We'll probably lose: @atlanta; @baltimore; @Carolina; @NE; @KC
We'll complete in: @LA; vsNewOrleans; vsTennessee; vsOak; vsTB; vsDen; vsNE
We'll probably win: vsBuff; @Buff; vsNY; @NY

It's going to be a frustrating year. We'll beat some good teams this year, but not enough to make the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom