Dolphins expected to not use the franchise tag on Christian Wilkins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to not use the franchise tag on Christian Wilkins

Sounds like a good chance we lose all 3 but to me AVG and Hunt are nice players for where we picked them but Wilkins is a 1st rd pick and a top 5 FA in the NFL rn. It’s a bigger loss than some solid role players imo
This forum last year was filled with threads and posts stating Wilkins was not worth what he was asking.

Odd how that has changed.

Meh. It reminds me of when we lost Olivier Vernon. a good not great player who got PAID.

This teams chance to win it all was last year and they blew it!
Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Makes me believe they’re far apart in negotiations and don’t want to risk having to find a trade partner if they did tag him.

All I know is that the Dolphins better have a plan to replace or upgrade somewhere else if Wilkins and Hunt both sign elsewhere. No exceptions

if Hunt and Wilkins leave no draft we could have would replace those 2 homeruns. I don't understand what is happening. You don't let guys like this go.

I honestly don't get it- use the tag as a threat to get a long term deal done.

The tag is a tool. I do not understand not utilizing the tool.

Say what you will about Grier, but nobody can accuse him of not turning over every rock when it comes to the wheeler dealer aspect.

I'm pretty sure he has exhausted the possibilities for a tag and trade. There's a reason it rarely happens, and almost never with the type of contract Wilkins is looking for. Beyond that, CW would have to agree to sign long term with the perspective trade partner in advance. If he has his mind set on testing the market, it's a moot point anyway.

Tan n trades are pie in the sky dreaming 90% of the time.
Always respected your opinion.

I honestly don't get it- use the tag as a threat to get a long term deal done.

The tag is a tool. I do not understand not utilizing the tool.
Because they floated that trial balloon on CW and he didn't blink. They would seriously handcuff themselves for making FA acquisitions. As it is, they are going to be restructuring just to be cap compliant without adding another 24m is cap for him.

Nobody in their right mind would tag a Guard. Reason being that all Olinemen are grouped together for franchise tag purposes. The tag would be top 5 salaryz including Tackles.

Threatening the tag on either would obviously be seen by the players/agents as a bluff. If these guys believe they can get more elsewhere, and want to leave, there isn't a hell of a lot we can practically do about it.

I have a feeling the Rams are going to pair him with Donald ..

Because they floated that trial balloon on CW and he didn't blink. They would seriously handcuff themselves for making FA acquisitions. As it is, they are going to be restructuring just to be cap compliant without adding another 24m is cap for him.

Nobody in their right mind would tag a Guard. Reason being that all Olinemen are grouped together for franchise tag purposes. The tag would be top 5 salaryz including Tackles.

Threatening the tag on either would obviously be seen by the players/agents as a bluff. If these guys believe they can get more elsewhere, and want to leave, there isn't a hell of a lot we can practically do about it.
The o-line tag all positions grouped together?

Back
Top Bottom