Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I've been up, down, around, and through on making a choice for weeks, going through tons of grades, analysis, and opinions. My final answer is moving on up to try and fix the OL.

My reason is simple. Our team is going nowhere without a VG QB, and Tannehill is our best and only option. This is his most important year, and if he does not succeed we are back to the drawing board. I have to try and give him the best help we possibly can, and that is getting him the best protection possible. That requires biting the bullet and moving up for the best guy on the OL we can get.

Nothing else matters more. JMO

Only one option remains-BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! If Matthews, Lewan, Martin and Robinson are all gone, don't reach for one of the other O-linemen. Take BPA!

Linebacker. Mosley or Shazier will be the pick. Hickey is not content with this group of linebackers whatsoever, and showed a bit of his hand with the interest shown in D'qwell Jackson.

Eh.... thing is that trading up for OL would be needed only for LT.

If we plan on playing Matthews, Lewan, etc at RT then ok, but I feel that is too expensive (draft wise).

Plenty of top tier RT's in late 1st, 2nd etc...

I know a lot hate the mock draft but trading down into a late first and grabbing Moses or James would be wise. Obtain a extra 2nd or 3rd in the draft to fill in BPA slots.

I am getting the same feeling as the OP. If Matthews falls to the bottom of the top 10 I think we move up. Stud RT for 2 years then moved to be our franchise LT for the next 10. Worth the move IMO.

Final answer? Marqise Lee. But I know it won't be him, because I don't think we have the guts to move on from Brian Hartline.

Eh.... thing is that trading up for OL would be needed only for LT.

If we plan on playing Matthews, Lewan, etc at RT then ok, but I feel that is too expensive (draft wise).

Plenty of top tier RT's in late 1st, 2nd etc...

I know a lot hate the mock draft but trading down into a late first and grabbing Moses or James would be wise. Obtain a extra 2nd or 3rd in the draft to fill in BPA slots.

Matthews or Lewan were who I was thinking of. Maybe move up a bit for Martin. With the best pass rushers now switching sides for match ups, and pressure coming from all over in blitzes, RT has an increased value. Add in RT rolling out, screens, moving pockets, and being able to run the ball.

I have to move up to get someone with the better potential of being VG.

Players I want in order: Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin, Calvin Pryor, CJ Mosley, Marqise Lee. At least one of these guys should be there at 19.

If we go with Morgan Moses, Cyrus Kouandjio, Ryan Shazier, Odell Beckham, or Brandin Cooks, I'm going to be disappointed.

I am getting the same feeling as the OP. If Matthews falls to the bottom of the top 10 I think we move up. Stud RT for 2 years then moved to be our franchise LT for the next 10. Worth the move IMO.

No one is as important than Tannehill in the entire Dolphins organization. First year, no receivers other than Hartline. Second year, no protection or running game. Have to give him his best chance to show he is the answer this year.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

a poor scheme fit

Who Hoos?

Back
Top Bottom