Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers?

Either Mosley, or trade down and nab some offensive line + an extra pick or 2...

might be a strange year for trades.i think we might have set up a new system for compensation on trading up from last year.teams will try there best at not over paying like we did last year with the Raiders.
if that holds true I would not mind trading up giving up a 3rd.than trade down in the second and grab an extra 4th

Trade down in the first and draft Xavier Su'a-Filo. Then trade up in the second and get whichever RT they like best (James, Moses, Kouandjio, etc).

Get the best OG and still get a RT from a group of similarly ranked players.

If we trade up to draft a RG or a RT, I might blow my top worse than when we picked the Ginn family. There is too many good linemen out there in both the draft and free agency to spend extra picks on a lineman.

There's been a steady stream of smoke coming up from the Dolphins camp on all kinds of fronts. I think they are taking somebody we are not hearing directly linked to them, and that's XSF. I think people with the mocks are missing bad on him projecting him to go at the end of the first round. Last year the top two guards were off the board by the 10th pick. The NFL is changing, and guards have more value now than they did ten years ago. I don't think the Fins will take the chance of losing him and trading backward for a later pick in the 1st. IF XSF is there at 19 I think we run our draft card up there, and our front office is ecstatic to pick up the best pure guard in the draft. Just my .02 cents.

Zach Martin
CJ Mosley

If neither are available then secondary help is a possibility IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Move down and get a OG or OT, while picking up a few extra picks.

Over looked?

There are mocks on the. tv nfl. shows having him. go as high as number 12!!

Its a good chance he gets taken before us. the jets have been mentioned.

At #19, I'll be happy with any of:

Fuller, Verrett, Pryor, Donald, XSF, Matthews, Ebron, Beckham Jr., Evans, Robinson, Bridgewater, Manziel. I could accept Mosley, Ward, Gilbert, Lewan.

Nobody else (other than an "elite" faller) without a tradedown.

Over looked?

There are mocks on the. tv nfl. shows having him. go as high as number 12!!

Its a good chance he gets taken before us. the jets have been mentioned.

Not sure if you were referring to my post regarding XSF, but if you were, out of 15 mocks between NFL.com and CBSSports.com 4 have XSF out of the 1st round, 7 have him going either 31st or 32nd, 1 has him going 23rd, and 3 have him going to us. The trend among the draftniks is for him to go very late in the first if at all, and I think they are way off. In that regard though you'd be right there is a chance he doesn't make it to us. If you weren't referring to what I said, my bad and carry on :-).

Trade down if possible. If not, grab Shazier in the 1st, and then Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd (we need a red zone threat, and I am sick of seeing goal line fades to Wallace and Hartline), and then grab a tackle/guard with the next picks. Personally, I would like us to sign FA Eric Winston to play RT.

Miami trades Dion to the Eagles. They take our first and Philly's first and trade to St. Louis or Jax where they take Sammy Watkins.

I've been up, down, around, and through on making a choice for weeks, going through tons of grades, analysis, and opinions. My final answer is moving on up to try and fix the OL.

My reason is simple. Our team is going nowhere without a VG QB, and Tannehill is our best and only option. This is his most important year, and if he does not succeed we are back to the drawing board. I have to try and give him the best help we possibly can, and that is getting him the best protection possible. That requires biting the bullet and moving up for the best guy on the OL we can get.

Nothing else matters more. JMO

I don't want to move up. If Hickey decides there's such a great RT up there to do it, I'll be disappointed, but I'll go along with it, but I really don't think it's something he's gonna do.

We just need a good RT, that's all. We can get that past the first round. The problem is, we don't pick until 50. If there's a decent guy there, fine, if not them I'm ok with trading up into the second round.

IF we were looking at WR, CB, S, DT, and maybe MLB, I could easily see trading down. Unfortunately, we are in the wrong place at the wrong time yet again, and need to get an OT. I may be wrong but, see a substantial drop off between the top 4, and the second tier options. I also took a look at teams projected to take an OT, and who could come available. Not a pretty sight.

IMO, for this year, we trade up or, go with a Clabo and developing a guy for next year.

Back
Top Bottom