Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Pick- Final Answers?

OL is no longer the do-or-die pick at #19. The group we have right now is better than last years. The defense however sucks at the LB position, then look at the wholesale changes in the D backfield, thats unsettled still, add in the uncertainty over DJordan and his development / injury questions, the departure of Soliai, and you can easily make a case for taking a D player as BPA at #19 is the best pick pending trades etc.

You sir are lost in the weeds. Miami has 2 starters set for the offensive line, as of right now. 2. I guess you people believe in slamming your head against the wall, and expecting a different result.

it will probably be shazier knowing my luck with this team and i will drink gasoline

:lol: I could see you throwing something at your TV (for real) based on your analysis of him.

I think alot of the players mentioned, unfortunately will be off the board at #19, Martin (and the other top OL mentioned), Ebron and Mosley so trade down if possible or highest graded player on their draft board. Would not mind it being a WR but like JDW said- probably will not happen.

:lol: I could see you throwing something at your TV (for real) based on your analysis of him.

I think alot of the players mentioned, unfortunately will be off the board at #19, Martin (and the other top OL mentioned), Ebron and Mosley so trade down if possible or highest graded player on their draft board. Would not mind it being a WR but like JDW said- probably will not happen.

i've been thru so many bad draft decisions of guys i didnt even have on my board by this football team i guess i should expect it...there's zero doubt in my mind shazier would be another one...

if the players mentioned in the o/p's thread starter are truly on the finz radar then KYLE FULLER is my final answer.

our secondary isnt ready to compete on a high level. he will be the best player available come time to pic. and lets faced it, cover corners are harder to find than a wr, rt or guard or rb.

i believe calvin pryor will be gone but if he is there, that could be a dilema for them. pryor is a special safety. shazier is a hell of a player and MAYBE the best lb in this draft. but cover corner will just be to much to turn down

shazier -35% chance
martin - 20% chance ( he might fall to us)
mosley - 15% chance

trade down - 15% chance
trade up - 5%

other player- 10 %

If what people are saying is true and Hickey thinks Shazier can be his Lavonte then that pick is a lock.

I want Lewan or Martin or Mosley. They will probably be all be gone at 19, not sure how I feel about a trade up with the perceived "deep" draft.

Still praying Ebron somehow falls to us. But I know he won't get past Baltimore
Second I would pray Martin falls to us. But again doubting it will happen
So realistically there is Mosley or shazier if we don't trade out. We can't go into the season with that same line backer group let's be realistic. I think the pick should be Mosley but might be Shazier.
Fuller would be a solid pick but we have too much invested at corner already. Can wait until next year (and later rounds)
Unfortunately that means no WR or TE - hopefully Finley looks good and we get him. Maybe another shot with Keller
I don't see the linebacker talent later in the draft. And Jackson clearly was a big target in free agency

We can move up if anything in the second for James Moses or kouanjillo. The tackle will fall to us. A captain in the middle of your defense makes a lot of sense.

Lastly hoping for Tre Mason in the third because Moreno is blah and Miller is inconsistent

Would you be happy if we somehow traded down and took James late first, and Carlos Hyde and a guard with the two seconds?

Final answer? Marqise Lee. But I know it won't be him, because I don't think we have the guts to move on from Brian Hartline.

Why would you move on from Hartline? Insert Lee and move Hartline to the slot where he becomes even better as Tannehill's security blanket.

If we get stuck at #19, I hope Mosley is there.

If we trade down, get James, Bitonio, Moses with the acquired pick.

If we are stuck in desperation at #50, draft Mehwort and cross your fingers he can handle being a starter.

Blake Bortles, QB. I am not sold on Tannehill as QB, but he could be a good possession WR. Thumbs down at will....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just crazy talk. Tannehill is better then bortes. Trade down and take moses or James seems like the best move

Back
Top Bottom