"Dolphins on leaked version of Dez Bryant question"..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins on leaked version of Dez Bryant question".....

bpackers13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins on leaked version of Dez Bryant question: "Don't know where it came from"

Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2010 12:21 PM ET
At times over the past hour, I've felt like I'm trapped in a bad episode of The Twilight Zone.

Eight days ago, Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports asked the Dolphins for comment as to the contention that G.M. Jeff Ireland had asked receiver Dez Bryant whether his mother is a prostitute. Three days ago, without the benefit of any response from the Dolphins or an opportunity to interview Ireland to obtain his side of the story (including the all-important "context" of the question), Silver reported that, indeed, Ireland asked the question.

Ireland quickly apologized, with speed that now makes more sense given that the team had known for five days that Silver's report was coming. At no point until today did the Dolphins attempt to provide their version of the events.

Even now, the Dolphins officially are saying nothing. Reached for comment as to the report that Ireland asked about Bryant's mother only after Bryant said that his father is a pimp and his mother works for him, team spokesman Harvey Greene said via e-mail, "Don't know where it came from -- we haven't talked about this since Steve Ross' statement."

Of course, Greene didn't admit that the leaked version of the events is true. But he didn't deny it, either.

And because the team has opted to push its side of the story via multiple media leaks and not by manning up and telling the story in an on-the-record setting, we're not inclined to accept it at face value.

The problem, of course, is that Bryant has a documented history of lying. Still, he has provided his version of the events in his own words, straight from his own mouth. The Dolphins are, apparently, hiding behind off-the-record remarks, and they're benefiting from writers and reporters who are too happy to get the scoop to question whether they're being fed something that rhymes with the word.

Am I upset about this? Yes. Because the approach assumes that we're all too stupid to do anything other than accept the team's leaked version of the events as the absolute truth.

Frankly, I'd be less offended if they'd simply call up and ask if my mother was a prostitute.
hmmmmm any thoughts?

This kid could easily be a trainwreck or a huge success story.

I am so sick people attacking Dez he had a horible Life there are mothers who far worse to their kids then what dez did. plaus if dex wasnt classy he would not have succeeded in college all he did was lie to the crooked N.C.A.A People need to leave Dez and his mom alone and star worrying about OUR FRONT OFFICE.

regardless what you think of Dez , Our front office is getting a black eye and if these accuassations keep coming up we will have trouble drafting and getting players to play for us and that should all our focus on right now something is terribly wrong and it could be like the death penalty in college football.

Florio shouldn't be assuming the Dolphins have been trying to leak it, if they wanted to they probably would have "accidentally" leaked it immediately, not 8 days later...

i think people who know or talk to Ireland might have been asking him what its all about, and hed tell them what happened, and they tell someone else, and so on and its eventually leaked into the media...

I am so sick people attacking Dez he had a horible Life there are mothers who far worse to their kids then what dez did. plaus if dex wasnt classy he would not have succeeded in college all he did was lie to the crooked N.C.A.A People need to leave Dez and his mom alone and star worrying about OUR FRONT OFFICE.

regardless what you think of Dez , Our front office is getting a black eye and if these accuassations keep coming up we will have trouble drafting and getting players to play for us and that should all our focus on right now something is terribly wrong and it could be like the death penalty in college football.

yea ok, people are not gonna sign with Miami cuz some crack baby's mom ****s people for money.

talk about blowing somethin outta proportion...

LMAO - what are you 12?

He didn't say he daddy was a pimp, he said his daddy made pimp hats and that his mom worked for him, selling.

Back
Top Bottom