"Dolphins on leaked version of Dez Bryant question"..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins on leaked version of Dez Bryant question".....

Perhaps Jeff was just trying to take the high road. Apologize and that would be the end of it. The story then leaked out. Jeff has class, Dez does not.

What makes u regard Jeff as having so much class. I mean seriously what has he handled with so much class. If it went down as Jeff has explained then he should have told the truth that there was nothing to apologize for and yet he admitted by apologizing that he was wrong. Also if u can one thing that a protege would learn from PArcells it would not be class as evidence by many of his prior exploits like getting Dungy fired and then backing out of the job.
What has Dez done to make himself seem so classless in this scenario of what we actually do know.

What makes u regard Jeff as having so much class. I mean seriously what has he handled with so much class. If it went down as Jeff has explained then he should have told the truth that there was nothing to apologize for and yet he admitted by apologizing that he was wrong. Also if u can one thing that a protege would learn from PArcells it would not be class as evidence by many of his prior exploits like getting Dungy fired and then backing out of the job.
What has Dez done to make himself seem so classless in this scenario of what we actually do know.

Frankly, I find mind-boggling, your adamant contrarian refusal to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who does this for a living, has probably interviewed over 1000 recruits in the last 10 years, and recently vetted Brandon Marshall, over a kid who grew up in turmoil,
no doubt surrounded by denials, lies and lawbreakers, has lied on several occasions to the NCAA, possibly has accepted gifts and support he shouldn't have and whose cognition and comprehension is muddled on such mundane tasks as practice times and bringing along his cleats on pro day.

I'll use this example since you're in the infantry (and thank you for your service).

Let's say you're on a house-by-house patrol in Baghdad and a woman of il-repute propositions you after signalinng you to enter her house. Your rejection of the overtures infuriates her and she starts scratching at you in an attack that leads a tell-tale mark. You extricate yourself but a day later she brings charges against you of attempted rape. Your commander wants this to go away and orders you to issue an apology that you are sorry for touching her forcefully (without saying it was to protect yourself).

You've served with your unit for a few months now and everyone knows each other pretty well. You have some comrades come up to tell you that these "he said/she said" charges, which might be investigated are bogus however, you have others who may not like your blunt style who opine that as someone who likes control and the last word, they wouldn't put that past you if you were rejected. You are hurt and upset that not only are they not standing by you, but they're petitioning the CO to take these charges very seriously and suspend your daily activities in the meantime. You wonder why they don't accord you the benefit of the doubt and have your back over the word of an outsider with a track record of questionable behavior since in your mind you've done little other than being assertive, to earn their suspicions. But because you are who you are, no matter how well you've performed, to some who just don't like you because you're you, your version will always ring contrived and false. And there ya have it.

Frankly, I find mind-boggling, your adamant contrarian refusal to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who does this for a living, has probably interviewed over 1000 recruits in the last 10 years, and recently vetted Brandon Marshall, over a kid who grew up in turmoil,
no doubt surrounded by denials, lies and lawbreakers, has lied on several occasions to the NCAA, possibly has accepted gifts and support he shouldn't have and whose cognition and comprehension is muddled on such mundane tasks as practice times and bringing along his cleats on pro day.

I'll use this example since you're in the infantry (and thank you for your service).

Let's say you're on a house-by-house patrol in Baghdad and a woman of il-repute propositions you after signalinng you to enter her house. Your rejection of the overtures infuriates her and she starts scratching at you in an attack that leads a tell-tale mark. You extricate yourself but a day later she brings charges against you of attempted rape. Your commander wants this to go away and orders you to issue an apology that you are sorry for touching her forcefully (without saying it was to protect yourself).

You've served with your unit for a few months now and everyone knows each other pretty well. You have some comrades come up to tell you that these "he said/she said" charges, which might be investigated are bogus however, you have others who may not like your blunt style who opine that as someone who likes control and the last word, they wouldn't put that past you if you were rejected. You are hurt and upset that not only are they not standing by you, but they're petitioning the CO to take these charges very seriously and suspend your daily activities in the meantime. You wonder why they don't accord you the benefit of the doubt and have your back over the word of an outsider with a track record of questionable behavior since in your mind you've done little other than being assertive, to earn their suspicions. But because you are who you are, no matter how well you've performed, to some who just don't like you because you're you, your version will always ring contrived and false. And there ya have it.

well first of all I would not implicate myself as doing something wrong and apologize. The offense is very serious and there is no way I would open up that can of worms. My commander would be giving me an illegal order by telling me to lie. i would not jeopardize my freedom and livilihood just to possibly make something go away. if I know I did the right thing and then turn around and admit I did something wrong that is not integrity which is one of the 8 values of the army. Its my duty to be truthful and forthright in this situation. My one lie to make it go away brings my very character in question because I tryed to take a shortcut and did not have the fortitude to tell my commander that i will not lie just to make something go away. i should say exactly what happened from the get go and let the process take care of investigating the allegation. Also in that analagy I would have plenty of witnesses because u would not clear a house or a room by yourself. It takes a minimum of two people and more likely four.

......wtf i an illegal order?

8 values of the Army?

L
D
R
S
H
I
P

well first of all I would not implicate myself as doing something wrong and apologize. The offense is very serious and there is no way I would open up that can of worms. My commander would be giving me an illegal order by telling me to lie. i would not jeopardize my freedom and livilihood just to possibly make something go away. if I know I did the right thing and then turn around and admit I did something wrong that is not integrity which is one of the 8 values of the army. Its my duty to be truthful and forthright in this situation. My one lie to make it go away brings my very character in question because I tryed to take a shortcut and did not have the fortitude to tell my commander that i will not lie just to make something go away.

Happens every friggin day - someone is told what to do by someone in authority - and it will cost to make the right decision...

Happens every friggin day - someone is told what to do by someone in authority - and it will cost to make the right decision...

it could cost me alot more by lying. if I admit by apologizing for touching her
i have implicated myself as having basically assaulted her or even worse sexually assaulting her. If you are weak enough to just follow the company line then u deserve any flack u get because u lack the integrity to do what is right.

......wtf i an illegal order?

8 values of the Army?

L
D
R
S
H
I
P

The same as an unlawful order. The military court recognizes both terms.
i can not be ordered to bare false witness of an incident.It is my duty to report exactly what happened. A CO has no authority to tell me to lie about an incident. By lying I violate integrity and personal courage for not standing up and doing what is right plus bring dishonor on myself. So just by that violate three of the army values

it should be seven I was thinking of the 8 troop leading procedures which was the class I gave today

Loyalty
Duty
respect
selfless service
honor
integrity
personal courage

8 troop leading procedures
1-receive the mission
2-issue warning order
3-make a tentative plan
4-initiate movement
5-recon
6-complete plan
7-issue order
8-supervise

I think Ireland was trying to do a classy thing and apologize to Bryant because Ireland had no idea that what he said upset Bryant. Bryant said himself that he didn't show that the question bothered him during the interview. I also believe Ireland did'nt want to embarrass Bryant any further by giving the details of the interview. He tried to take the high road. Why are you so quick to dismiss what a Sports Illustrated reporter and a league source verified? In the context of the conversation, the question "Was your mother a prostitute" makes perfect sense. Bryant , because of his upbringing, is socially restarted and is also a convicted liar but you are quick to believe him, even though he has yet to tell us in what context the question was asked.

I think Ireland was trying to do a classy thing and apologize to Bryant because Ireland had no idea that what he said upset Bryant. Bryant said himself that he didn't show that the question bothered him during the interview. I also believe Ireland did'nt want to embarrass Bryant any further by giving the details of the interview. He tried to take the high road. Why are you so quick to dismiss what a Sports Illustrated reporter and a league source verified? In the context of the conversation, the question "Was your mother a prostitute" makes perfect sense. Bryant , because of his upbringing, is socially restarted and is also a convicted liar but you are quick to believe him, even though he has yet to tell us in what context the question was asked.

Nothing has been verified. Si says two sources familiar contend
There has been no proof in what was asked except that Ireland apologized. Since when does Jeff seem the type of guy that would take the high road in anything. Not a knock but just does not seem the type to apologize for nothing. So either he lacks integrity and apologized just for the sake of it or he genuinely felt he overstepped his bounds which I choose to believe because I want to believe he has integrity. Also lets say the exchange was true which we have no clue, we dont know what led up to the pimp question. Im sure the Phins have tape of the interview, let Espn or whoever play the damn tape and silence everybody instead of this he said she said.

Two sources familiar with the situation contend that Ireland's question was nothing more than the logical follow-up to comments Bryant had made about his family. According to the sources, Ireland began the meeting by asking Bryant, 21, about his upbringing and his relationship with his siblings. Then he asked what Bryant's father did for a living when Bryant was growing up. The following exchange allegedly ensued

There has been no proof in what was asked except that Ireland apologized. Since when does Jeff seem the type of guy that would take the high road in anything. Not a knock but just does not seem the type to apologize for nothing. So either he lacks integrity and apologized just for the sake of it or he genuinely felt he overstepped his bounds which I choose to believe because I want to believe he has integrity. Also lets say the exchange was true which we have no clue, we dont know what led up to the pimp question. Im sure the Phins have tape of the interview, let Espn or whoever play the damn tape and silence everybody instead of this he said she said.

Two sources familiar with the situation contend that Ireland's question was nothing more than the logical follow-up to comments Bryant had made about his family. According to the sources, Ireland began the meeting by asking Bryant, 21, about his upbringing and his relationship with his siblings. Then he asked what Bryant's father did for a living when Bryant was growing up. The following exchange allegedly ensued

Yea, so what is your point? Dez also hasn't told us in what context the question was asked. CRAZYDOLFAN305 had the exact wording of what was said two days ago. A reputable reporter and a league source verified the story. Obviously, either there were other people in the room when the interview took place, or it was taped. How else could a league source verify the conversation?

What is your hard on for Jeff Ireland about anyway? How has Jeff Ireland ever demonstrated anything but class and professionalism during his career? A bunch of prominent people involved with the league have vouched for Ireland's character. What has he done to make you doubt that he is capable of tacking the high road? I think there is a misconception that this regime is evil just because they are so secretive about the way they run the team on a day to day basis.

What is your hard on for Jeff Ireland about anyway? How has Jeff Ireland ever demonstrated anything but class and professionalism during his career? A bunch of prominent people involved with the league have vouched for Ireland's character. What has he done to make you doubt that he is capable of tacking the high road? I think there is a misconception that this regime is evil just because they are so secretive about the way they run the team on a day to day basis.

Not a knock I just have not seen Jeff take the high road on any event. Not with jason Taylor, not with Zach thomas. He has been pretty direct, I just dont see him apologizing just because of media pressure. he also works for Bill parcells who may be a very good football mind but is definately not the epitone of class in the NFL especially with his shady dealing with the Bucs and continually quitting on teams.

Yea, so what is your point? Dez also hasn't told us in what context the question was asked. CRAZYDOLFAN305 had the exact wording of what was said two days ago. A reputable reporter and a league source verified the story. Obviously, either there were other people in the room when the interview took place, or it was taped. How else could a league source verify the conversation?

i guess it would have some credence if the source had a name or they showed the tape of the interview

I think this whole episode needs to end and not just for the Dolphins sake. One poster has a signature tag that says it all. Florio bringing this issue to light hurts EVERYBODY. Hurts the Fins. But most of all it hurts Dez Bryant who should be learning his offensive playbook instead of fending questions about his mother. He will be taunted on and off the field, over no fault of his own, because some slimy reporter wanted to break a big story and make a name for himself. I don't care about Dez' mom, I want to see the kid get a chance on the field to prove himself. Teams are hyper-sensitive after Pacman and Big Ben and are trying to protect their multimillion dollar investments. Whatever the Dolphins asked Dez, it was between them and him. Let's do everyone involved with this sorry tale a favor and let it die and move on. Please!

Back
Top Bottom