Dolphins QB of the future should be | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins QB of the future should be

are some of you really saying you dont want him cause hes 28 instead of a rookie that wouldnt be able to contribute till he was prolly 25-26?

i dont give a **** how old he is, if he can play the QB position good for us and win us football games im all for it..

i havent watched Volek to much, but i can tell u this, he throws a great deepball.

Volek is a QB for RIGHT NOW !!!! We want someone who'll be in his prime over the next 5 years.

I think we should draft a QB... In no particular order Reggie McNeal/Omar Jacobs/Vince Young

AirChambers84 said:
Volek is a QB for RIGHT NOW !!!! We want someone who'll be in his prime over the next 5 years.

yea so does everyother team. their not easy to come by. if you got someone that can give u 3 good years and help you win, you take it. specially when u havent had a decent QB in 5 years.

he is the back up to mcnair in tennessee.

no way they let him go.

he is very cheap.

people, RESEARCH BEFORE DOING DUMB THREADS.

and you guys seem to love other people's trash for qb's.

the only backup i would consider is rivers.

if the chargers choose to entertain a trade after this season, we should offer our low first round pick + a future 2nd or 3rd on 07 to get this kid. i say low cause we are going deep in playoffs.

SKing29 said:
Well, 23Ronnie23 I live in Tennessee and seen Billy Volek play a lot last year. He looked good to me but his age I can see is a problem to some. I mean if he is 28 (I don't know), but he'd still have like 9-10 years left, but he would probably only get a couple good years. I would have like to have seen Matt Schaub picked up by the Fins, but because Vick is so injury prone in Atlanta, we will probably never have a shot at Schaub, so oh well.

Wait wait wait...........Billy Volek is going to play in the NFL until the age of 38? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shakeno:

Volek is very fresh and very good. He can throw the deep ball 10 times better than mcnair.If the dolphins wanted him they could have signed him a year ago , or gotten him with a 7th pick before that. Just because a player has success on another team doesn't mean the dolphins should try and get them.

Just because the previous regime made the mistake of trading for the wrong backup QB does not mean trading for a backup QB from another team is not a viable option. Do not forget that the likes of Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, Mark Brunell, and Aaron Brooks were all backups for other teams before they made a name for themselves. In fact, if this staff thinks that they indentified the right guy, I would prefer taking this route. Let another team develope the guy, than take him away when he is ready to play. Otherwise, if you take a QB early in the draft you feel obligated to play him so he can take his lumps and develope as fast as possible. If you do this, than you are in the same predicament the Bills are in. A team that is built to try and win now but a QB that needs a few years to get up to speed. On top of that, odds are 50/50 that the guy even pans out anyway. I don't mind the idea of taking a QB in the draft, but you have to do it knowing that you are going to have to wait on the guy before he is ready to play. That is why I would be in favor of taking a QB later in the draft. No big signing bonus for someone who is going to sit on the bench.

All I care about is the QB's style of play. I want a guy who plays like Peyton Manning, NOT a guy who plays like vick. NO slash guys. I want this team to have a REAL QB, not an "athlete" who can't hit the side of any barn, the right one or the wrong one, with his passes.

Rivers or Ramsey... or make someone an offer they can't refuse for Leinart.

dolphingator said:
All I care about is the QB's style of play. I want a guy who plays like Peyton Manning, NOT a guy who plays like vick. NO slash guys. I want this team to have a REAL QB, not an "athlete" who can't hit the side of any barn, the right one or the wrong one, with his passes.

:yeahthat:

You literally took the words directly out of mouth. I COULENT agree more man, you hit that right on the spot, perfectly said.

I may be wrong, but isn't Volek 29 instead of 28 and will be 30 april of 2006? Someone correct me if I am wrong. If that is true, that means if we got him in the offseason we would be bringing him into camp next year as a 30 year old who has never been a full time starter anywhere? Would we really want to do that?

dolphingator said:

What is wrong with Qb who has mobility? I really wonder why people don't like Mike Vick as a Qb, is it because with him the Falcons are one of the best teams in the league and without him they're awful? Donovon McNabb can run, Steve McNair won an MVP and is mobile, but those guys would not fit your criteria for a Qb? I would like a pass first/run second Qb, I think that is what McNabb and McNair are, but being able to run is not a liability it's an asset.

Back
Top Bottom