Dolphins QB of the future should be | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins QB of the future should be

I personally Like Donovan's Game, he can throw and run if needed, Micheal Vick is a great athelete but feels like he has to showcase his own skills instead of using the other skills of the other players to win game.

there is another qb on jacksonville team, his name is quinton gray, he has a better arm than all of them.

23Ronnie23 said:
... Billy Volek, he looked studly last year when Steve Mcnair was out and hes already in the NFL so we know hes made the transition. I think we should trade for Billy Volek. Im surprised that this name hasnt come up more.

McNair is on his last legs and Volek won't be going anywhere next year...I'm not knocking McNair, but his ironman antics have to end sometime. And, as you said, based on his play filling in for McNair last year, the Titans would be dumb to trade him off now...

Krush said:
there is another qb on jacksonville team, his name is quinton gray, he has a better arm than all of them.
which is exactly why he's 3rd on the depth chart

nephinsfan said:

why? ya'll dont get how the NFL works these days do you? You can keep chasing the 5 year from now players, and before u know it u haven't done anything for 6 years and still dont have a good player... or you can get someone, do well for 4 years, then start looking for someone else....

Jeff Fischer has publically and frequently stated that Volek is their starter as soon as McNair calls it quits...likely at the end of this season. He was asked if the Jets were trying to pick up Volek last week, and he said "Billy's not going anywhere."

If we are going to pick up a potential starting QB in FA, it will be Rivers or Brees.

Usually I am for drafting a young qb to develope. But imo this years class is weak at qb. Lienart who is going to break the bank and will probably be more expensive that Rivers, Brady quinn has started to play alot better under Weis and Drew Stanton. Maybe Keller if he declares early (I like this kid but he will probably stay for his senior year). I am not a fan of the running qbs, (ie texas qb) although he is a great college player.

Bottom line is the qb pickings are going to be slim. The trade for rivers is going to be like powerball. almost every team in the league that is in need of a qb will enter the Rivers auction. Miami maybe one team that has the cap room to pay Rivers but other teams will be giving draft picks, whores, under the table money and what ever gets the job done incentives. Mueller has a history of clearing cap space and drafting young qbs so it may get interesting.

That seems to be a common theme, but I doubt that Tennessee let's him go. Then again, if the Titans have the #1 pick they would likely take Matt Leinart and then Volek would certainly be a possibility.

I think the team should draft two quarterbacks in the upcoming draft. Someone like Brody Croyle and Jay Cutler. That way the team could develop both, the best one starts eventually and the other adds depth.

The problem with trades is that people only conisder their side of the equation. Why would the Titans want to give up this guy when they have McNair who is aging and banged up frequently? Why would they be motivated to give up a guy who played so well, when they are thinking he'll probably be the starter next year?

This just doesn't make sense.

Jimmy Houlahan, 9 years old, Saratoga Springs, NY Pop Warner.

Good poise, great arm (can throw 20 yards!), and he has wheels too (he ran a 6.2 in the 40!). He's sure to go high in the 2018 draft! I can't wait!

Volek wont move for less than a 1st round pick. He is the titans future QB.

Back-ups are not bad.

Jake Delhome
Marc Bulger
Kurt Warner
Doug Flutie
Rich Gannon
Matt Hasselback

Mueller at one time had Jake Delhomme, Aaron Brooks, Marc Bulger, and Jeff blake on the same roster. He knows what he is doing. We will draft a QB every year and develop our own QB.

Any new QB we get can't start well for a year anyway. They need to learn the system, and they need to get chemistry with the players. Frerrote will start for us next year. After that we will see what we should do.

Honestly Sage would play better than any back-up that we could get for the first year.

Also welcome to The Nick Saban era.

-Expect little to none big free agent aquisitions.
-Expect very few big trades
-Expect players to be drafted, developed and then kept with in our team
-The future QB of the fins is not in the NFL currently
-Our big cap space next year will allow us to aquire 5-7 moderate free agents, And then extend and resign the rest of the team to long term, team friendly contracts.

-For reference look at BB
Biggest trade was a pick for Corey Dillon
Biggest free agent was Rodney harrison
Both were seen as moderate upgrades at the time.
No big talent has left NE in the last 4 years

Pick em, Develop em, Keep em...

DolfanTom said:
Jimmy Houlahan, 9 years old, Saratoga Springs, NY Pop Warner.

Good poise, great arm (can throw 20 yards!), and he has wheels too (he ran a 6.2 in the 40!). He's sure to go high in the 2018 draft! I can't wait!

He throws farther than Fiedler or Pennington!!! :lol: :rofl3: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom