Dolphins QB of the future should be | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins QB of the future should be

djfresh47 said:
What is wrong with Qb who has mobility? I really wonder why people don't like Mike Vick as a Qb, is it because with him the Falcons are one of the best teams in the league and without him they're awful? Donovon McNabb can run, Steve McNair won an MVP and is mobile, but those guys would not fit your criteria for a Qb? I would like a pass first/run second Qb, I think that is what McNabb and McNair are, but being able to run is not a liability it's an asset.
mcnabb has been a lot better lately than in previous years, and he rarely runs at all now. he figured it out. i don't want a quarterback who can run better than he can pass, period. that doesn't mean i don't want a QB who can pass AS WELL as run (mcnabb, culpepper), i just don't want a QB who isn't even a QB

dolphingator said:
All I care about is the QB's style of play. I want a guy who plays like Peyton Manning, NOT a guy who plays like vick. NO slash guys. I want this team to have a REAL QB, not an "athlete" who can't hit the side of any barn, the right one or the wrong one, with his passes.

Rivers or Ramsey... or make someone an offer they can't refuse for Leinart.

wait. so you'll take patrick ramsey but not mike vick? lol.

man forget mike vick. until he proves hes actually a QUARTERBACK. imo hes the best throwing runningback in the league. he doesnt seem to have any leadership skills. he seems like he cant handle it if he has to make a desicion and if he does make one its run. nothing against being mobile, but i want qb who doesnt crumble if the other team does something unpredictable. i mean jeeze. look at last years nfc championship. the eagles didnt blitz. thus severly limiting his running lanes and he CRUMBLED. jmho. mcnabb on the other hand. i beleive it was 4th and 26. showing he could handle pressure. i think vick is a great athlete. but qb is more than athletic. you might just have to think. hmmmmm.

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
man forget mike vick. until he proves hes actually a QUARTERBACK. imo hes the best throwing runningback in the league. he doesnt seem to have any leadership skills. he seems like he cant handle it if he has to make a desicion and if he does make one its run. nothing against being mobile, but i want qb who doesnt crumble if the other team does something unpredictable. i mean jeeze. look at last years nfc championship. the eagles didnt blitz. thus severly limiting his running lanes and he CRUMBLED. jmho. mcnabb on the other hand. i beleive it was 4th and 26. showing he could handle pressure. i think vick is a great athlete. but qb is more than athletic. you might just have to think. hmmmmm.

Vick took his team to a national championship game, won a playoff game in his first year as a starter at Lambeau, and can't handle pressure? The criticism of Vick is ridiculous, I think he's more valuable to the Falcons than Manning is to the Colts. Look at the falcons record with him, and without him, Vick is not the greatest passer, but he is a great football player.

djfresh47 said:
Vick took his team to a national championship game, won a playoff game in his first year as a starter at Lambeau, and can't handle pressure? The criticism of Vick is ridiculous, I think he's more valuable to the Falcons than Manning is to the Colts. Look at the falcons record with him, and without him, Vick is not the greatest passer, but he is a great football player.

good post. i hate to even enter the Vick discussions because i get mad.....so ima leave it with that.

didnt say he isnt a great player. but i dont see more than a running back with a great arm. he has the team. had it last year also. yes the falcons are built solely around him. peyton on the other hand has james running the ball marvin catching and wayne, stokely. they have givin him better quality support. but as soon as vick shows 49 td PASSES ill say hes a great qb instead of the most athletic qb. i mean jesus manning calls his own plays at the line . he basically is there offensive coordinator. all of this is just my opinion. vick could prove wrong to me this year. mcnabb isnt the athlete vick is. but hes a way better qb.

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
but as soon as vick shows 49 td PASSES ill say hes a great qb instead of the most athletic qb.

thatz all he's got to do huh?

peyton must be the only great QB ever.

23Ronnie23 said:
last year he only started eight games and had 2500 yards, we couldnt get 2500 yards the whole year last year

he had drew bennet, tyrone clico(spelling) derick mason, ben troupe, erron kinny, chris brown out the back field he had so many options AND a solid o line to give him time

Not sure if anybody already mentioned him already, but has anybody been watching Brady Quinn at Notre Dame? I watched him against Purdue last weekend and have been watching him intermittently throughout his stay at ND and he looks awesome. Great arm and great presence on the field. I think this guy is better than Leinhart and he will show it when the lock up with 'SC in a few weeks.

djfresh47 said:
What is wrong with Qb who has mobility? I really wonder why people don't like Mike Vick as a Qb, is it because with him the Falcons are one of the best teams in the league and without him they're awful? Donovon McNabb can run, Steve McNair won an MVP and is mobile, but those guys would not fit your criteria for a Qb? I would like a pass first/run second Qb, I think that is what McNabb and McNair are, but being able to run is not a liability it's an asset.

McNabb is awesome, but he dont run like he use to. He can sure fire the ball with some authority.

I wouldnt mind a QB with some mobility, but running QB's usually dont win Superbowls. I can only think of Steve Young, John Elway, and Roger Staubach. The rest were pocket passers. Give me a QB with a strong arm who can pass the ball downfield.

LAphinfan said:
Not sure if anybody already mentioned him already, but has anybody been watching Brady Quinn at Notre Dame? I watched him against Purdue last weekend and have been watching him intermittently throughout his stay at ND and he looks awesome. Great arm and great presence on the field. I think this guy is better than Leinhart and he will show it when the lock up with 'SC in a few weeks.

He does look good. What do the NFL scouts say about him?

We needed to figure out Billy Volek two years ago, not now. The age went up and the compensation went way up. If we started guessing what it would take to acquire Volek, I guarantee the average estimate would be less than half what it would actually take. My USC connections say one of the reasons Norm Chow took the Titans job was he studied Volek very closely on film and liked everything about him.

Back
Top Bottom