Dolphins release Garrard | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins release Garrard

it had to be done we cant carry 4 qb's and Garrard was just unlucky at wrong time. I would keep Moore over Garrard under same situation. Im pretty sure they tried to trade Moore and probably got lackluster offers(just a guess but why keep 4 so long if not) I wish we had picked up a different qb than Garrard said it from day one hated the move but he did play well until injury and was number one qb for a short time. I thought there were much better options to pick up at time

it had to be done we cant carry 4 qb's and Garrard was just unlucky at wrong time. I would keep Moore over Garrard under same situation. Im pretty sure they tried to trade Moore and probably got lackluster offers(just a guess but why keep 4 so long if not) I wish we had picked up a different qb than Garrard said it from day one hated the move but he did play well until injury and was number one qb for a short time. I thought there were much better options to pick up at time

Agreed

still don't see them keeping Moore & Devlin the whole season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the most likely options that will fill Garrard's roster spot. Gaffney, Stallworth, Mike Sims Walker, Dominique Franks, Rod Hood & DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Gaffney doesn't fill garrard's spot... Gaffney or any other reciever fills the spot from the reciever that gets cut..

This spot is for a corner.

Thanks for the memories DG. Feel free to stop by next year if you need us to spot you another mil or pay for a hair transplant.

We'll probably bring in a punter to replace Gerrard instead of a corner or WR.

Ozzy rules!!

First, I think they got Garrard so they didn't HAVE TO draft a QB (the illusion of leverage, and a poor one at that). If a healthy Garrard....sorry, had to get up after rofl for a second there...a healthy Garrard, Moore, and Devlin could've been OK this season if they used that #8 pick on another player AND not traded Brandon Marshall. Let's face it; with Marshall (and Vontae Davis), a top tier FS or another WR at the #8 spot, we probably would've been more competitive this season than we will be now that our roster is so threadbare outside of Tanny.

Also, they might still trade Moore. Can't they resign Garrard after week one?

Well lets see where we need the most help now is it WR, CB, OT or LB. CB is my choice but if Long is hurt that could be more improtant, or if Dansby of Burnett are both nicked up that could be an issue too and has far as WR we really do not know much still about anybody but Bess. Geez what tough choices.

Not overally surprised that he's been cut with Tannehill as our starter. I think ultimately Devlin will back up him up and Moore will get traded.

The way our offense looks a punter might not be a bad idea when Field's leg falls off from over use

Punter heck if our defense plays like it did in the preseason we will need 2 kick returners instead.

Back
Top Bottom