Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

We HAVE TO draft a developmental QB in THIS draft. Not as a replacement for RT but one he can mentor and on. As we are seeing this year, if we don't have a viable backup the season is over. Just ask the Packers, Bills, Jets, Eagles, Texans and Dolphins. I'm hopeful that one falls to us in the 2nd. The one thing I trust Gase on is selecting our future QB, not much else but definitely that.

Agreed, injuries are becoming way more commonplace. I don't think I've seen so many backup QBs on the field than in the past couple of years. Pays to have a higher caliber veteran or player in development if you want to finish the season strong at all costs.

This is going to go against everything I've said up until this point, but I keep going back and looking, and the more I look...

...the more I keep thinking, "You know...I'm not entirely sure I could pass on Baker Mayfield if he was on the board when the Dolphins picked in the first."

This is going to go against everything I've said up until this point, but I keep going back and looking, and the more I look...

...the more I keep thinking, "You know...I'm not entirely sure I could pass on Baker Mayfield if he was on the board when the Dolphins picked in the first."

well the odds are damn good he's gonna be there if he's 6 foot and runs 4.7

I've been thinking for a few weeks that Jacksonville might be in play for a trade up with Miami. I thought there was possibility when we were staring a possible 7th overall pick in the face. Now anything under 10 seems unlikely.

If we end up 10th and they are 22nd or 23rd, i'd take Fournette to swap spots with them.

Obviously it's very unlikely.
.... they wouldn’t give up their star to be RB to move up the draft... what?!

I agree with drafting a QB. I would draft one nlt the third round. He is our backup and can be used in a trade later on if RT plays good the next few years.

Mayfield is going first overall. No chance

Sadly I agree because I think anyone who gets the offensive side version of Jamal Adams will be set for a long time, barring injuries. Read on PFT that Dorsey is an admirer and has seen him play 6 times. With the likely #1 and #6 picks, the Browns will have 2 shots at him.... and Dorsey knows what he's doing.

Slow Bake will be someone else's problem.

Gase isn't a fan of immaturity.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...ould-draft-qb-in-the-first-two-rounds-in-2018

I agree. This is the draft to take a QB high. I’m not buying QB is the least of Miami’s problems and that Tannehill is going to come back 100% with no setbacks. Miami needs a backup plan. Decide on a QB you like and go get him. No waiting on him to fall to you. Matt Moore and Cutler shouldn’t even be considered options next year. Tannehill is coming off an injury where his mobility will probably never be the same, and we all know he’s better on the run. He’ll be 30, and wouldn’t have played a game in 2 years. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket. If he gets hurt again and Miami doesn’t Draft a QB high, it’s another season down the drain.

Best case scenario is Miami gets their QB within 1st two rds, Tannehill comes back the same or better than last season and Miami has to make a decision on paying Tannehill and grooming their QB until Tannehill is done or sign and trade Tannehill and go with their new QB for the future.
Agree 100%

You sure are optimistic. Some of that stuff I saw last night from the qb won’t travel well on the road

The mike lb play is ugly too and that bills team is gonna show us a very complex run game which is the part of Anthony’s game that scares the stuff out of me. His key reads and adjustments

But hey we will at least get some good Anthony tape to check into. He still keeps being asked to handle primary assignments not much adjust on the fly.

Bills should change that or expose it one or the other

Smh I was way too optimistic.

Ha ha indeed.

But hey it did what it needed to do with Anthony which is answer the question should he be a plan a. My answer is no

Maybe as a 2 down strong but chase allen can do that too

Roquan Smith may be in play. Tremaine Edmunds is an intriguing LB prospect at 6'5 250 and will still be 19 on draft day so tons of upside.

Roquan Smith may be in play. Tremaine Edmunds is an intriguing LB prospect at 6'5 250 and will still be 19 on draft day so tons of upside.

I don’t think miamis gonna like Smith’s size for this scheme

And while I love the range and speed I don’t love the instincts at mike. Highly post snap

Back
Top Bottom