Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

I don’t think miamis gonna like Smith’s size for this scheme

And while I love the range and speed I don’t love the instincts at mike. Highly post snap

Yea but because he's so young there's going to be a bit of projection.

My current crazy idea is to draft Lamar Jackson and play both Jackson and Tannehill at the same time as some sort of dual QB/WR combo.

If Tannehill isn’t sucking up the joint no one is going to complain that his highly drafted backup isn’t playing
If we continue to lose and have no worse than a top 8 then it’s an absolute no brainer to draft a qb. Everyone that thinks there are more important holes on this team, you are part of the problem. I wish Ryan played this year, and I don’t hate him, but he is an average NFL QB, and average NFL QBs don’t win Super Bowls. There is zero evidence, potential isn’t evidence, that he is anything more than that. There is a lot of evidence proving that he is average. He is 37 and 40 as a starter. He has an 86 career passing rating. He has never won more than 8 games in an NFL season. Then of course you throw in his cap hit each of the next 3 years is right around 20 million, and that he is coming off acl surgery, and drafting a qb is a no brainer.

Elite QBs change franchises. There is no other position on an NFL roster that can do that. If you are lucky enough to have the pick in a draft that can land an elite qb you take your shot end of story.
They will complain when the LB Corp continues to suck and the OL can't support a running game again. I would.

Yea but because he's so young there's going to be a bit of projection.

I was referring to Roquan Smith.

I did read that he was a high school wr that converted to lb in college so that’s interesting when it comes to developing pre snap vs post snap at lb.

Is he a mike is he a weak in our scheme I think he’s a weak instincts aren’t good enough for me to put at mike in the run game and Kiko I’m sure is locked in at weak for 2018.

I also think roquan leads with his face as a tackler. Face mask is in the action a lot. Shaziers career is over for a tackle like that. Last guy I saw that did that on college tape was joe bitonio seems to have cleaned it up in the pros though. Was probably just technique

Last edited:
Roquan Smith may be in play. Tremaine Edmunds is an intriguing LB prospect at 6'5 250 and will still be 19 on draft day so tons of upside.

This edmunds tape is exceptional for poa play at 19 years old. Awareness looks like it’s a work in progress. I’d draft that as a strong side backer out the gate with developmental upside for mike. But plan a being strong side. That kids nfl ready for contact at 19.

It’s definitely a player I would target. Fits the scheme very well. Off the los lb

Send me more lb stuff like this. That’s the strong side with 2 deep mike type stuff I’m looking for. Raekwon base poa insurance

Last edited:
I was referring to Roquan Smith.

I did read that he was a high school wr that converted to lb in college so that’s interesting when it comes to developing pre snap vs post snap at lb.

Is he a mike is he a weak in our scheme I think he’s a weak instincts aren’t good enough for me to put at mike in the run game and Kiko I’m sure is locked in at weak for 2018.

I also think roquan leads with his face as a tackler. Face mask is in the action a lot. Shaziers career is over for a tackle like that. Last guy I saw that did that on college tape was joe bitonio seems to have cleaned it up in the pros though. Was probably just technique

He doesn't have great technique as a tackler so he will need to clean that up in the NFL(but he's still a sure tackler) his technique on taking on blockers isn't as good as Kiko's but he beats blockers better than Kiko ever did, I don't think his size is a problem in our scheme, I agree on his instincts but it's further along than Myles Jack was. 3 down LBs with speed and range are more important than ever, I'd move KiKo from weakside or play him at mike, I don't value run game instincts as much as I use too, the game has changed.

This edmunds tape is exceptional for poa play at 19 years old. Awareness looks like it’s a work in progress. I’d draft that as a strong side backer out the gate with developmental upside for mike. But plan a being strong side. That kids nfl ready for contact at 19.

It’s definitely a player I would target. Fits the scheme very well. Off the los lb

Send me more lb stuff like this. That’s the strong side with 2 deep mike type stuff I’m looking for. Raekwon base poa insurance

Yea I agree, He's my LB1 so far in this draft. I wanna see the combine numbers. He hasn't declared yet though.

6-4 240 LB Leighton Vander Esch look like a top 50 pick so far u will love his instincts.

He doesn't have great technique as a tackler so he will need to clean that up in the NFL(but he's still a sure tackler) his technique on taking on blockers isn't as good as Kiko's but he beats blockers better than Kiko ever did, I don't think his size is a problem in our scheme, I agree on his instincts but it's further along than Myles Jack was. 3 down LBs with speed and range are more important than ever, I'd move KiKo from weakside or play him at mike, I don't value run game instincts as much as I use too, the game has changed.

I agree the technique is flawed but very correctable. I assume the take on thing is doesn’t lead with the proper shoulder something Kiko does exceptionally well.

If you move Kiko back to mike you will get the playmaking back and hide the carry cover but lose the poa requirements for the scheme therefore I don’t see it happening.

Not to mention you’d be moving Raekwon to strong which helps hide his perimeter field range but takes away the instincts inside the tackles.

I do agree that smith will go off somewhere in our range top 15isb once he runs in the 4.5s. That kids got a ton of range

I do also agree that the game has seemed to change but true difference makers at mike of the 3 down variety or even 2 down all have plus instincts

Yea I agree, He's my LB1 so far in this draft. I wanna see the combine numbers. He hasn't declared yet though.

I would bet he’s coming out. Physically he’s nfl ready right now. That’s plug and play looking strong side.

What I do think he lacks is perimeter field range that’s why strong to me is safest bet. To offset the range he’s gonna have to have top shelf awareness. It may come in time.

I would think New England with that bear front would be all over this kid

This is Gase's opportunity to stake his claim to Tannehill or not. If he truly believes in him, then draft BPA and he will sink or swim with him this season. If he doesn't, then he needs to have the FO do whatever it takes to trade up for his guy

I would bet he’s coming out. Physically he’s nfl ready right now. That’s plug and play looking strong side.

What I do think he lacks is perimeter field range that’s why strong to me is safest bet. To offset the range he’s gonna have to have top shelf awareness. It may come in time.

I would think New England with that bear front would be all over this kid

I think his awareness is making his perimeter field range look worse than it really is.

Back
Top Bottom