Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

I like that logo and would not be opposed to seeing a version of it as a new one on the helmet.

I'm sorry but I've become a believer that this franchise needs to move on from the past. Not forget it, mind you, just move on and look to the future. Going back to an old logo is a bad idea in today's day and age. This franchise needs to start attracting new fans and going back to old logos isn't going to do that.

I appreciate you "old timers" and your nostalgic ways. I'm 36 and I remember Dan and the glory years but I'm ready to move on. This franchise has been in a funk for the past decade (or more) and one of the reasons why is we can't let go of the past. It's time to look to the future.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me: "Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always..."

I get sick of other teams fans saying that the Dolphins have the most sissy looking logo and uniforms in the entire league. We need to make a big change!!!

I like that logo and would not be opposed to seeing a version of it as a new one on the helmet.

I'm sorry but I've become a believer that this franchise needs to move on from the past. Not forget it, mind you, just move on and look to the future. Going back to an old logo is a bad idea in today's day and age. This franchise needs to start attracting new fans and going back to old logos isn't going to do that.

I appreciate you "old timers" and your nostalgic ways. I'm 36 and I remember Dan and the glory years but I'm ready to move on. This franchise has been in a funk for the past decade (or more) and one of the reasons why is we can't let go of the past. It's time to look to the future.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me: "Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always..."

The 49ers went with a retro look and now they're winners again. The Giants have won two Super Bowls while going with a look similar to their 60's uniforms. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me...

The 49ers went with a retro look and now they're winners again. The Giants have won two Super Bowls while going with a look similar to their 60's uniforms. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me...

The 49ers have a much larger fanbase than ours, as do the Giants. I doubt their logo and uniform changes had anything to do with how much they're winning or their popularity.

Basically it sounds like it will look something like this with a sun background.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

I have to say if that is the case, not a big fan of the proposed change. Hopefully they have some other mocks.

I remeber that logo when it first introduced a couple of years ago and I still feel the same way:puke:

I submitted the logo I am using as my avatar to mike dee via twitter a few months ago and he seemed to like it

The 49ers have a much larger fanbase than ours, as do the Giants. I doubt their logo and uniform changes had anything to do with how much they're winning or their popularity.

We're not arguing popularity. You said it would be a bad idea, when several other teams have done it.

Not a chance the Niners have a bigger fanbase than we do. We're a popular team all over the country, the 9ers are a popular team in parts of Northern/Central Cali.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

We're not arguing popularity. You said it would be a bad idea, when several other teams have done it.

Even the Jets, when they went back to the throwbacks, pulled it off pretty successfully. They went from ****ty to decent, played for a few AFC Title Games, and went in a better direction than where they'd been heading.

i love what the bills did with a modern version of their throwback jerseys. i would hope for something like that in miami

footballjerseysmiamidolphins-1.jpg
2Q==

Lets see??? Fanbase just ask the Dolphins who hold more season tickets than than any other state in the nation. Surprise the UK!!! The second state is North Carolina. The Dolphins are loved around the world!!! San Fran and the Giants don't come close. The most popular teams are us, the Cowboys, Steelers and if you can believe it the Raiders. Those teams sell more Jerseys than the rest of the league. That's why it's so sad we can't fill the stadium.
I blame Ross. You draft a qb with the 8th pick he better start or it was a bad pick plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom