Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

Saints did give up on Stills so maybe it will work out.
Yeah, and he played like crap his first year. It took Gase for him to have a breakout year. To me that proves the system and the coaches can make a difference with a player. Some self-proclaimed geniuses here think they know better than the front office all the time;)

If it's a for 6th or 7th round pick I think it's worth it. Look at our picks the last 2 years only 2 are on active roster Grant & Taylor. The others were cut or on PS Lucas, Doughty, Duarte, & Ford.

Plus our scouting dept has killed it with undrafted FA anyways so even more to like if it's a 6th or 7th round for a cheap athletic LB that hopefully will be highly motivated.
Schefter just said its a 5th

Hard to imagine that this guy is better than anybody on a practice squad that could have been had for nothing.:confused:

LB Lamar Houston worked out for the Saints today so they obviously don't think much of Anthony. They robbed us.

Last edited:
Even though we play the saints soon it's not that surprising given the relationship between the two teams last couple years. They probably called us trying to unload this guy if they dislike him so much, worth the gamble IMO as long as it's not a 4th or higher.

apparently he still has the high ankle sprain, going to need to be able to pass a physical one would assume- for the trade to go through.

Why do people continue to bring up that issue?
That should have died long ago when the Dolphins acquired Daunte Culpepper.
Everyone in the world is aware of Anthony's high ankle sprain. The Dolphins know what they are getting.
There is NO rule concerning trading for injured players.

My nephew is a Saints fan and he called me a laughed for 2 mintues and just hung up, didnt say another word. Then i get the update on my phone that we traded for him. Super athletic but is practically brain dead when it comes to reading a defense.

Why do people continue to bring up that issue?
That should have died long ago when the Dolphins acquired Daunte Culpepper.
Everyone in the world is aware of Anthony's high ankle sprain. The Dolphins know what they are getting.
There is NO rule concerning trading for injured players.

Wouldn't you have to pass a team physical for a trade to go through?

Gase's rep as a Players Coach, may make the difference here....along with the closeness of the players around him. I'm looking for any hope here. Glad our FO is at least trying.
Still wish wed have taken Foster in the draft. He fell right in our laps. That's just me though.......

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
The #Dolphins sent a 2018 5th round pick to the #Saints for former 1st round LB Stephone Anthony, source said. A fresh start for Anthony.

Seems a little pricey... Timmons must be gone gone if you do that for a 5.

I will be floored if he's still on the team come 2018.

Move reeks of desperation frankly. Saints get a 5th round pick for their 5th lb and last one they'd play with on defense. If you keep 7 you usually keep 2 entirely for specials.

I'm sorry I just don't like this price it just tells you what teams are willing to part with at off the los lb. their last resort types

5th round pick makes me think Timmons is gone too. This is a major hit

Back
Top Bottom