Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

I will be floored if he's still on the team come 2018.

Move reeks of desperation frankly. Saints get a 5th round pick for their 5th lb and last one they'd play with on defense. If you keep 7 you usually keep 2 entirely for specials.

I'm sorry I just don't like this price it just tells you what teams are willing to part with at off the los lb. their last resort types

5th round pick makes me think Timmons is gone too. This is a major hit

Of course it reeks of desperation. The situation is dire indeed.

Chances are good that Timmons is gone. Then we go to war to get our money back.

While it is a knife in the guts to lose Timmons, what else could be done? Gase has shown the world that he is not to be ****ed with. This earns respect. As bad as losing Timmons is, losing the locker room in its entirety would have been much worse. And I believe Gase would have destroyed what he has built if he gave Timmons a bye.

Shitty deal. But not the fault of any of our guys. Who would have seen this coming?

Ah. Who knows, maybe Anthony will be a decent linebacker for us.

Sounds like Aubrey Beavers 2.0
Seems they are loading up on Clemson players

I mean apparently he was pretty good in his first season (good enough to be in PFWA All-Rookie Team) but wasn't good last year. So 1 good rookie season and 1 bad sophomore season? Seems like he has potential and is very young.

My mistake - Frank Bush came from the Rams not the Saints. However, his position coach in New Orleans was Joe Vitt.

Idk what to think, this type of athlete for a 5th round pick seems fishy. Either way we did get more athletic with him and Chase Allen.

I mean apparently he was pretty good in his first season (good enough to win be in PFWA All-Rookie Team) but wasn't good last year. So 1 good rookie season and 1 bad sophomore season? Seems like he has potential and is very young.

From what I been reading after his rookie year the Saints changed his position.... & hes been hurt like most of the off-season.

From what I been reading after his rookie year the Saints changed his position.... & hes been hurt like most of the off-season.
Yup. He showed promise as rookie at MLB then they switched him the SLB last year and he sucked. I wouldn't write this guy off as an MLB in our unit.

My nephew is a Saints fan and he called me a laughed for 2 mintues and just hung up, didnt say another word. Then i get the update on my phone that we traded for him. Super athletic but is practically brain dead when it comes to reading a defense.

He might lack instincts, but he isn't stupid. He has a degree in sociology and he scored a 23 on his wonderlic, which, for the defensive players tested, is quite good.

He is still injured, so he will have plenty of time to acquaint himself with the defense.

I seriously doubt he will start anytime this year unless there are more injuries, but I like the trade. It is a good chance to take on one of the most physically gifted LB's in the entire NFL.

wow, a 5th for this guys seems very high but then again we used 3 picks for a WR who's never going to play more than 1 or 2 snaps a game as long as everyone is healthy so we have a history of giving away picks as if we were giving away water

Ozzy rules!!

Can easily recoup the 5th rounder....Worth a gamble IMO.

Is the Chase Allen we have the Chase Allen from Stanford?

A 5th rounder for this clown? This is almost as bad as the Lamar Gordon trade. **** you Tannenbaum.

You do realize that whole d has been horrid since he got there right? And they drafted him to be the franchise mike and he pure busted to the point they signed a dead laurinitus and then this offseason completely redid one of the worst lb corps in football.

Right...and we know how successful New Orleans defensive coaching staff has been....so it can't be poor coaching can it?

My nephew is a Saints fan and he called me a laughed for 2 mintues and just hung up, didnt say another word. Then i get the update on my phone that we traded for him. Super athletic but is practically brain dead when it comes to reading a defense.

How’s that jackass like being 0-2 and soon to be 0-4? Tell him to shut his face.

Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, Kenny Stills, former Saints players have a history of doing well with the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom