Don Banks: Ross meeting with Sparano RIGHT NOW/Likely to remain head coach | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Banks: Ross meeting with Sparano RIGHT NOW/Likely to remain head coach

There is alot more money in having a winning team, finance will not determine Sporano status.

Correction FINANCES should be the reason to get the right personnel to get the fans to fill the stadium.
If the Dolphins fielded a team that could go all the way you would see the stadium filled to the rafters.

They can kiss my support good bye if this happens. There is no justifiable reason for keeping Sparano as head coach. None.

While I don't disagree we should part with Sparano, there are a couple good reasons for keeping Sparano as head coach:

1) He has full support of the players. Players have been pointing fingers left and right but it's pretty unanimous that they think Tony is a great coach. And this has come from players like Marshall who have been on other teams and played for several coaches.

2) We saw the transformation of the defense from poor to great without replacing Sparano, so it would be logical to give Tony the chance to do the same with the offense this offseason.

3) He didn't hire Henning (main problem with this year's team) or Pasqualoni (main problem with last year's team), and the failed draft picks (including Henne) aren't on him. He could make a good case that he is doing the best with the cards he was dealt.

While I don't disagree we should part with Sparano, there are a couple good reasons for keeping Sparano as head coach:

1) He has full support of the players. Players have been pointing fingers left and right but it's pretty unanimous that they think Tony is a great coach. And this has come from players like Marshall who have been on other teams and played for several coaches.

2) We saw the transformation of the defense from poor to great without replacing Sparano, so it would be logical to give Tony the chance to do the same with the offense this offseason.

3) He didn't hire Henning (main problem with this year's team) or Pasqualoni (main problem with last year's team), and the failed draft picks (including Henne) aren't on him. He could make a good case that he is doing the best with the cards he was dealt.

There is logic in what you say, Henning is a very good friend of Parcells, I doubt Parcells would allow Tony to make changes if he thought they were needed.
I would love to see change happen but with a change in offensive philosophy he may stay.
What a ****ing mess and Parcells is fully responsible and he will get paid next year.

1. No he doesn't. See the last game of the season.

2. Because of Nolan. Nothing to do with Sparano he lets the coordinators do all the work. He's useless.

3. He may have fired Pasq. (he hated to), but he kept Henning here regardless of the offensive struggles.

All you people that think firing Sparano is the answer are idiots, have a little perspective here just like Pennington said earlier, we were 16-32 before he got here, and he's been 25-23 with an AFC East Division championship. Knee jerk reactions kill franchises. Keeping Sparano is the best move we can make. You saw how our defense turned around with a new coordinator, now that our defense is solidified; we just need a new OC, and a couple new players and our offense will be strong. I for one would be inifinitely more excited for next year if we kept Sparano.

HIRING A NEW COACH WILL ENSURE US 3 MORE YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Those "players" quit on Sparano yesterday. Despite everything they've said in the media.

How the freak can anybody think Tony can stay?
If he stays,it will be just like Wanny's last year.
A bunch of desperation moves and trades to try to
win it all in one year that will set the team back for years.
Then we will be back in this same situation,this same time
next year.
Pull the freaking trigger.This regime will not change it's philosophy
on how to build a team...and their way is flawed toward todays NFL.

There is a big difference between Wanny and Sporano. Wanny won with Jimmy Johnsons players and Sporano has been winning with his players. So based on your logic we are to gut the entire team again and start over. Talk to me in 3 years and I "hope" you have it right.

All you people that think firing Sparano is the answer are idiots, have a little perspective here just like Pennington said earlier, we were 16-32 before he got here, and he's been 25-23 with an AFC East Division championship. Knee jerk reactions kill franchises. Keeping Sparano is the best move we can make. You saw how our defense turned around with a new coordinator, now that our defense is solidified; we just need a new OC, and a couple new players and our offense will be strong. I for one would be inifinitely more excited for next year if we kept Sparano.

HIRING A NEW COACH WILL ENSURE US 3 MORE YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

clear.gif

FieldGoal-1.jpg

Those "players" quit on Sparano yesterday. Despite everything they've said in the media.

Until yesterday I would have disagreed with you. Between the OL which is badly injured this year is my current excuse and yesterday I have to admit I am wavering. I just do not want to switch coaches yet again and start over because that has not worked for us since Shula was outsted. You want to really win fir have 1 pm game in August, beef up the Oline to start with.

2. Because of Nolan. Nothing to do with Sparano he lets the coordinators do all the work. He's useless.

3. He may have fired Pasq. (he hated to), but he kept Henning here regardless of the offensive struggles.

1. I don't think they quit on Sparano as much as they were disappointed in the way the season turned out and quit on themselves

2. Great head coaches are great delegators, not control freaks. Letting Nolan do his thing was a saavy move.

3. Our offense didn't really struggle last year, it was more an issue of having playmakers. Sparano couldn't have forseen Henning becoming this terrible of a coordinator in one seasons time. I half feel like Henning sabotaged the season because Parcells left

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

1. I don't think they quit on Sparano as much as they were disappointed in the way the season turned out and quit on themselves

2. Great head coaches are great delegators, not control freaks. Letting Nolan do his thing was a saavy move.

3. Our offense didn't really struggle last year, it was more an issue of having playmakers. Sparano couldn't have forseen Henning becoming this terrible of a coordinator in one seasons time. I half feel like Henning sabotaged the season because Parcells left

Only an "IDIOT" has to call people idiots, to make their point !!!

1. Here's one quote from Marshall from last week: "I've never been around a coach before who gives me goose bumps in a team meeting during the week and in OTAs before season even starts," Marshall said Thursday. "His ability to motivate guys and be a people person and talk to guys and have his door be open is amazing. You don't always get that. I'm glad they brought me here." I believe Hartline and Crowder have recently said similar things.

2. That's not my point. My point is that a coordinator change (not a head coach change) was enough to fix the problem. It doesn't matter who is doing "all the work," a delegator is just as good as a micro-manager if they produce the same outcome. I agree he has been a delegator but he hasn't been given the opportunity to choose who he delegates to on offense.

3. The offense struggles only started this year. We had a pretty efficient offense last year. Great line, great running game, and efficient QB. Only problem seemed to be lack of a receiver with hands. The playcalling was annoying at times but it didn't progress to infuriating until this season.

Only an "IDIOT" has to call people idiots, to make their point !!!

I made my point with the following paragraph.

You are proving the truth in my statement by concentrating on the first sentence, which is what writers refer to as a "hook".

Back
Top Bottom