Don Banks: Ross meeting with Sparano RIGHT NOW/Likely to remain head coach | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Banks: Ross meeting with Sparano RIGHT NOW/Likely to remain head coach

There is a big difference between Wanny and Sporano. Wanny won with Jimmy Johnsons players and Sporano has been winning with his players. So based on your logic we are to gut the entire team again and start over. Talk to me in 3 years and I "hope" you have it right.

Did anybody say "gut the team"?....but if it is needed to improve I'm all for it.
Wanny and Tony's (and this regimes')philosophy are the same...
That will not cut in todays NFL.
You know what that gets you?mediocre...like we have been for a decade.
This franchise needs a enima in the worst way.
Do you REALLY think Tony is the coach to get us to the big dance?
Really???

I like Sparano- But he did not make any moves this season or last During the season that needed to be made. After the 3rd game I could see Henne wasn't the answer. Everyone on this board says Henning did a horrible job. Dc last year was fired too late as well. He seems to want to not make waves or is absurdly loyal to these people, either way his vision seems too clouded to be allowed to continue.

To all of you that dont want to give the dolphins your support if sparano stays . please do so . i dont want to see you here in 2011 . i love the dolphins .

While I don't disagree we should part with Sparano, there are a couple good reasons for keeping Sparano as head coach:

1) He has full support of the players. Players have been pointing fingers left and right but it's pretty unanimous that they think Tony is a great coach. And this has come from players like Marshall who have been on other teams and played for several coaches.

2) We saw the transformation of the defense from poor to great without replacing Sparano, so it would be logical to give Tony the chance to do the same with the offense this offseason.

3) He didn't hire Henning (main problem with this year's team) or Pasqualoni (main problem with last year's team), and the failed draft picks (including Henne) aren't on him. He could make a good case that he is doing the best with the cards he was dealt.

best post

Blind homerism doesn't make for a good arguement either.

I'm not being a blind homer. I recognize the team needs to make changes, the cheif change being Henning. I don't think Sparano is the problem, and I hope Ross is a smart man with perspective who realizes winning championships will sell more tickets and merch than a coaching hire. Because by removing Sparano, it would only possibly give a short term bump in attendance, but once the new coach puts out a mediocre product due to all the changes he'll probably make, you pessimistic fans will turn on that hire as well. Our best chance at becoming a championship team is by keeping Sparano in place and allow him to continue to improve this team.

People don't want to give Sparano any credit for the defense, but they want to give him all the blame for everything that's went wrong this year. Keep in mind TS hired Mike Nolan, and him and Ireland stocked the defensive personnel. He did not hire Henning, and our offense hadn't been a problem until this year.

Based on the one year turnaround our defense was able to make, I would like the same guys in charge of the offensive turnaround.

It's not blind homerism, it's something us intellectually superior would like to refer to as logical thinking.

Then what would you read?

its not about what i read, its about people posting lies like "sparano likely to return" or "breaking:sparano to return"to get a reaction out of everyone about their false hopes. its a look at me, look at me attempt to be the first to be the one to say i told you so.

I like Sparano- But he did not make any moves this season or last During the season that needed to be made. After the 3rd game I could see Henne wasn't the answer. Everyone on this board says Henning did a horrible job. Dc last year was fired too late as well. He seems to want to not make waves or is absurdly loyal to these people, either way his vision seems too clouded to be allowed to continue.

You don't fire coordinators during the season unless you have someone in place who will run a pretty much similar scheme. Due to the fact this offense needed a full overhaul, he was smart enough to know that his best chance at success this season was riding it out and giving the coordinator his support, because that's what good leaders do.

Also, you can't pull your potential franchise QB after 3 games, without completely destroying his confidence.

I'm not being a blind homer. I recognize the team needs to make changes, the cheif change being Henning. I don't think Sparano is the problem, and I hope Ross is a smart man with perspective who realizes winning championships will sell more tickets and merch than a coaching hire. Because by removing Sparano, it would only possibly give a short term bump in attendance, but once the new coach puts out a mediocre product due to all the changes he'll probably make, you pessimistic fans will turn on that hire as well. Our best chance at becoming a championship team is by keeping Sparano in place and allow him to continue to improve this team.

People don't want to give Sparano any credit for the defense, but they want to give him all the blame for everything that's went wrong this year. Keep in mind TS hired Mike Nolan, and him and Ireland stocked the defensive personnel. He did not hire Henning, and our offense hadn't been a problem until this year.

Based on the one year turnaround our defense was able to make, I would like the same guys in charge of the offensive turnaround.

It's not blind homerism, it's something us intellectually superior would like to refer to as logical thinking.

That's fine but if it was all Henning's fault, don't you think that Sparano could see that too. Why didn't he replace him in the season or hell override his play calling and call some of the offense yourself. A coach, a leader has to adapt not only in the games themselves but during a season as well. He stood by Henning and Henne all season long ( with the one exception of a short benching on henne).

They can kiss my support good bye if this happens. There is no justifiable reason for keeping Sparano as head coach. None.

There is one.

Ross is incapable of finding a better coach to replace him with. Just because a few names are floating around out there does not mean they are making realistic demands to come here. I think this might be a situation where we all need to pinch our noses and deal with him staying another year.

I think I'ld rather Ross take his time and shop for a good HC/GM team then hire a big named control freak who wants to do more then he is capable of doing.

To all of you that dont want to give the dolphins your support if sparano stays . please do so . i dont want to see you here in 2011 . i love the dolphins .

If you love the Dolphins, why would you want these clowns to further trash your team? That doesn't sound like love to me. That's sounds more like a suicidal tendency.

Back
Top Bottom