Donald Thomas Worship | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donald Thomas Worship

LOL @ faking the injury just to sit him and let him get practice.

Hmm, he is wearing a walking boot because he had surgery for a lisfranc fracture. Do you know what that is? It's pretty much a season ending mid-foot fracture that affects everything you can do concerning forward movement with your feet. Ginn received the same fracture in the opening kickoff of the national championship game against Florida.

If he had been a first round pick who got hurt we'd still be just as excited about his future given what we saw in his limited time. He's a guy who seized a job when no one even him real consideration early on. He was also primarily a basketball player turned football player....that bodes well for his athleticism. He's was considered a boom or bust type guy....all world physical talent but would he get it. It appeared he not only got it....but he punched it in the mouth and ran over it.

I expect him to build on what he was doing this year, thats enough for me.

And if I am not mistaken he's the strongest player on the team....Jake Long included.

Where the heck did this come from? I'm still not completely certain halft he posters even know who he is. HE was playing well before the injury, and, hopefully he can continue to do so.

I know who he is.....He was in my mock draft....the only pick I got right. Because of his speed....which if I remember correctly was the fastest of all the Olineman in the draft. I thought because we didnt get ole boy from Pittsburgh he would make a good pulling guard one day int he future for us.

Finally. I was saying the same thing after he got injured and everyone was talking about what a huge blow it was.

Didnt our line play improve immediately after he went down? Granted, the run blocking lately has been less than stellar, however didnt we break out with big running games vs. the Pats and Chargers AFTER this supposed future pro-bowler got injured?

Also, he seemed to be claiming it was a minor injury and that he could play soon after he was hurt. Seems fishy to me the team placed him on IR. I sense it was just a way to sit him for the rest of the year and get him some more practice later on before throwing him back out there.

But, now weeks later yet again everyone is talking about how great a player this guy is based of like one or two weeks of less than stellar play and a few articles written during camp. A couple guys that he lined up against talk about how strong he is and all of the sudden he is the steal of the year on our OL. :rolleyes:
OUR LINE PLAY IMPROVED WHEN HE GOT HURT?? UHHH WHAT????
Hell no, the RG position went from being one of best filled positions on the team to being a revolving door since he left. Go back and watch some freaking tape of the preseason games and watch him play after play not only crush his man but also help out Samson. He was a beast and then played most of the jets game with a broken foot. This was at a time when our entire OL was just coming together. I really don't know what you were watching but how can you say he was not worlds better than what we have now??
It's true you never know how a player will respond to a injury but he has as good a chance of returning to the starting line up as Bell did at SS this year.

"It's true you never know how a player will respond to a injury but he has as good a chance of returning to the starting line up as Bell did at SS this year."

Very good point. But with a injury like that continue to haunt a Olineman who really depend on great footwork to be a good Olineman?

One of my coaches use to always call the Olineman the true skilled positions, because they had to have the best footwork on the team.

It took TG, Jr a while to recover from that same injury...Donald Thomas has teddy by atleast 150 pounds. That has to have some impact on the recovery process and his comeback time.

To the idiot poster who thinks the team put him on IR just for the hell of it thats not true. He had a lisfranc injury to his foot and just got out of a cast and into a boot.

OUR LINE PLAY IMPROVED WHEN HE GOT HURT?? UHHH WHAT????
Hell no, the RG position went from being one of best filled positions on the team to being a revolving door since he left. Go back and watch some freaking tape of the preseason games and watch him play after play not only crush his man but also help out Samson. He was a beast and then played most of the jets game with a broken foot. This was at a time when our entire OL was just coming together. I really don't know what you were watching but how can you say he was not worlds better than what we have now??
It's true you never know how a player will respond to a injury but he has as good a chance of returning to the starting line up as Bell did at SS this year.

He was not a beast - the vets opposite him from his own team no less made some promising comments and everyone like wet themselves...

We need not run well against the Jets..., and pre-season is well pre-season...

Were you on the "Drew Mormino band-wagon" last year as well..., because Drew could do wrong too and then he got hurt and was stashed on IR...

If we want to amke a case for solidifying the line..., then we need talent..., Thomas is still very green..., but he looks promising...

You have to admit that for a guy drafted in the sixth round to be the team's starting RG after the first week of training camp practice is insane! All we heard about from EVERYBODY is how strong this guy--I'm not saying the guy will be a HOFer, but there does appear to be something there, so I think it's ok for fans to be excited about that. Especially since his replacements have looked like absolute garbage.

Simply put, the reason I was so upset that Thomas went out was because Parcells and Sparano said he was a great prospect with little experience. I just thought it sucked that next year he will still have little experience. It would have been nice to see our offensive line go through an entire season together.

We don't know that the same wouldn't be happening with Thomas out there, we will never know. However it's obvious we have no answer at RG since he went down. Seems like they are desperatly trying to replace Ndukwe, but don't have anyone who is any better. Allenman didn't look too hot and McChesney if off the streets.

Once thing I don't understand about our braintrust is how we are bringing in players who are held in higher regard than the ones THEY CHOSE to keep after camp. That baffles me, the FB situation as well as RG if McChesney ends up splitting time with Ndukwe. Did we keep complete stiffs? What about Trey Darilek? He was the original starting RG and was cut in order to keep these other guys who suck so badly we are bringing in guys off the street and tossing them into games while keeping them inactive.

You have to admit that for a guy drafted in the sixth round to be the team's starting RG after the first week of training camp practice is insane! All we heard about from EVERYBODY is how strong this guy--I'm not saying the guy will be a HOFer, but there does appear to be something there, so I think it's ok for fans to be excited about that. Especially since his replacements have looked like absolute garbage.

Again... it was too early to tell..., we don't know what we have there..., Ferguson said he was strong..., so Thomas is strong..., but whether he can pick up the stunts, pass block and pull at this high level remains to be seen... There is nothing empircal (sp?) to suggest that he is going to stick at RG..., this position is not locked down... :shakeno:

Simply put, the reason I was so upset that Thomas went out was because Parcells and Sparano said he was a great prospect with little experience. I just thought it sucked that next year he will still have little experience. It would have been nice to see our offensive line go through an entire season together.

We don't know that the same wouldn't be happening with Thomas out there, we will never know. However it's obvious we have no answer at RG since he went down. Seems like they are desperatly trying to replace Ndukwe, but don't have anyone who is any better. Allenman didn't look too hot and McChesney if off the streets.

Once thing I don't understand about our braintrust is how we are bringing in players who are held in higher regard than the ones THEY CHOSE to keep after camp. That baffles me, the FB situation as well as RG if McChesney ends up splitting time with Ndukwe. Did we keep complete stiffs? What about Trey Darilek? He was the original starting RG and was cut in order to keep these other guys who suck so badly we are bringing in guys off the street and tossing them into games while keeping them inactive.

Understand your frustration I think along the same lines of logic..., I think they motivate our guys play and mind-set as they play for their roster spot every practice and each game...

Understand your frustration I think along the same lines of logic..., I think they motivate our guys play and mind-set as they play for their roster spot every practice and each game...

It's Bazaar, first time I've vented about it. I know the braintrust know way more than I do about football and I can't complain about the teams turnaround. I just find it very odd. I also just saw on KFFL.COM that Allenman is now really pushing Ndukwe for his starting spot, and this was Monday. Everytime I noticed Allenman he was getting beat. Maybe there were several good plays I missed but I don't know.

It's Bazaar, first time I've vented about it. I know the braintrust know way more than I do about football and I can't complain about the teams turnaround. I just find it very odd. I also just saw on KFFL.COM that Allenman is now really pushing Ndukwe for his starting spot, and this was Monday. Everytime I noticed Allenman he was getting beat. Maybe there were several good plays I missed but I don't know.

This turnstile is effecting the C on RT... And it could be worse if the Starters sustain any injuries so I'm not really complianing about the turnstile at this point..., I'm thinking looking ahead that we draft a mammoth guard (Washingtons) in the late second or even the third round. Guards are now too expensive in free-agency

I dont understand when people get excited about a player other people have to come on here and say ow no they really arent that good. Cant we just let people finally be excited about players on our own team. I mean damn why do people aways want other teams players or for us to draft positions that we feel good about. I mean if you are gonna ***** then ***** about our FS or our guard that is playing now.

I dont understand when people get excited about a player other people have to come on here and say ow no they really arent that good. Cant we just let people finally be excited about players on our own team. I mean damn why do people aways want other teams players or for us to draft positions that we feel good about. I mean if you are gonna ***** then ***** about our FS or our guard that is playing now.

Since you didn't take the time to read through the posts..., it's about Vernon's play at RT..., Samson's oplay at C and the future..., next year you still have an untested Rook at RG... or you go find someone...

Back
Top Bottom