Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

If Wilkins leaves, I think Miami's draft strategy has to change. That's a tough player to replace.

Is Murphy worth pick #21. Darius Robinson, who's kind of a tweener? Sweat at 55?

I don't think there's much in free agency at DT.

I think you have to build one of the best interior offensive lines in the NFL to get the most out of Tua. All QB's hate pressure up the middle, but Tua is more prone to collapsing mentally if he feels uncomfortable from inside pressure.
Yep, it's nice to have him get rid of the ball in blazing time but it would be nice to let him have the option of not getting smacked within those time constraints.

I think you have to build one of the best interior offensive lines in the NFL to get the most out of Tua. All QB's hate pressure up the middle, but Tua is more prone to collapsing mentally if he feels uncomfortable from inside pressure.
I'm not so sure. How much of his response is due to training as opposed to lack of ability?

Remember, a lot of Tuas' QB training was provided by his father over time. His father clearly had some specific goals for his son to achieve. Possibly escaping from the pocket wasn't one of them.

I'm not so sure. How much of his response is due to training as opposed to lack of ability?

Remember, a lot of Tuas' QB training was provided by his father over time. His father clearly had some specific goals for his son to achieve. Possibly escaping from the pocket wasn't one of them.
Fair enough, and Tua actually is pretty nifty at sliding around in the pocket when there is outside pressure, but I believe that if we could give him 3+ seconds free of inside pressure, he could unlock the next level of our offense.

For what it's worth (very little), I'm of the opinion that all of this hype about JPJ and others is excellent for Miami. If you want a center who can pull at the NFL level (which Miami does), your guy is Sedrick Van Pran. And you might be able to get him in the 2nd.

but we donโ€™t have to take a center at 21......there are some good center that will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round(hoping we move back from 21)......I like Conner Williams but we already have Phillips and Chubb possibly not being ready early on the season and now counting on Williams whio also might not be ready?.....on top of that he wanted top money last off season and was holding out for a while....I have a hard time giving another big contract to yet another injured player

but we donโ€™t have to take a center at 21......there are some good center that will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round(hoping we move back from 21)......I like Conner Williams but we already have Phillips and Chubb possibly not being ready early on the season and now counting on Williams whio also might not be ready?.....on top of that he wanted top money last off season and was holding out for a while....I have a hard time giving another big contract to yet another injured player
I agree. The Draft is loaded at the center position. Miami doesn't necessarily have to re-sign Williams, even if it's after June 1st. I'd rather they move on by drafting one, perhaps on day two?

For what it's worth (very little), I'm of the opinion that all of this hype about JPJ and others is excellent for Miami. If you want a center who can pull at the NFL level (which Miami does), your guy is Sedrick Van Pran. And you might be able to get him in the 2nd.
Van Pran appears to have had a less than stellar combine. He may drop a bit?

Just something to think about. Miami hired an assistant DLine coach who was with LSU. He appearently has been selling Miami on all three LSU DT's that will be available in the draft. Something to watch for in the later rounds.

Good call. I like him a lot.

Back
Top Bottom