Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

I have the same view point. Depending on the talent available at #21, potentially dictates what Miami does with the pick. If the talent is overwhelmingly in favor of an OL, it's likely Miami makes the pick. The only defensive player's I think could change Miami's mind at #21 are Verse or Mitchell, if they should drop. My thinking is they'll trade down.
I think you nailed the two defensive players that could change Miami's mind. If they believe in Cam Smith and/or Bonner, Mitchell gives them a trade down option, which we've discussed.

Also, with the scenario being talked about, Miami loses a lot of defensive line talent. Maybe they could replace that in free agency rather than the draft.

Everyone keeps talking about trading down to get a third. Good idea on the 3rd obviously.

However I could see Grier using some 25 draft capital to add a 3rd this year, perhaps along with this year's 5th.

Anyone loaded with 3rds this year that might be willing to play let's make a deal?

Everyone keeps talking about trading down to get a third. Good idea on the 3rd obviously.

However I could see Grier using some 25 draft capital to add a 3rd this year, perhaps along with this year's 5th.

Anyone loaded with 3rds this year that might be willing to play let's make a deal?
If Miami loses enough of their own F/A, they could get a boatload of Comp Picks in 2025. So I agree that Grier might be in the trading game this year, hunting for draft capital.

San Francisco is one team that comes to mind as far as being loaded with draft picks. The 49ers could be a trading partner for Miami and we know Lynch and Grier have swapped picks before.

Hey guys!

With the Combine just a couple weeks, and the draft just a couple months, away, it's a great time to check out the Draft Forum. Lots of threads, viewing the draft from different angles, and you'll find some really well-reasoned takes on players and overall draft strategy from a variety of posters ๐ŸŒด I encourage you to check them out ๐Ÿฅ‚

As many of you know, Slimm retired from FH. Love Slimm, and I miss his rankings and takes, but @fishfanmiami and the staff (or maybe just him - idk tbh ๐Ÿ˜…) asked me to that take over for him.

So, I have rankings posted for every positional group - except P, K, and FB. My rankings are different from Slimm's in one key way: they're based on the Miami Dolphins. Most rankings you see will be general and not team-specific, which is understandable given that they're for an audience of fans of 32 different teams. But, it's not the way it works in real life. Brett Veech doesn't care if Trent McDuffie would be good on the Arizona Cardinals or if Creed Humphey would be good on the Tennessee Titans, etc.. With this being a Dolphins forum, I hope you guys will enjoy rankings based on who fits best within Miami's offensive and defensive systems.

I try to understand these players from as many angles as I can. I watch film to see what these guys do well and whether what they do well translates to the NFL; I use production metrics to measure the frequency with which they're successful and to cross-check what I'm seeing (maybe a guy made a spectacular contested catch in one of the games I watched, but it turns out he catches very few of his contested targets); and, I use athletic testing and measurements to cross-check what I'm seeing.

If you have any further questions about the process, please ask ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚ but, again, come check out the draft forum. There's lots of good discussion, as this is the time of year to dream of what could for our beloved Miami Dolphins ๐Ÿฌ

Thatโ€™s awesome. I love this from a dolphins perspective. Really appreciate and enjoy your work. You do an amazing job at this stuff. Thank you!

Hey guys!

With the Combine just a couple weeks, and the draft just a couple months, away, it's a great time to check out the Draft Forum. Lots of threads, viewing the draft from different angles, and you'll find some really well-reasoned takes on players and overall draft strategy from a variety of posters ๐ŸŒด I encourage you to check them out ๐Ÿฅ‚

As many of you know, Slimm retired from FH. Love Slimm, and I miss his rankings and takes, but @fishfanmiami and the staff (or maybe just him - idk tbh ๐Ÿ˜…) asked me to that take over for him.

So, I have rankings posted for every positional group - except P, K, and FB. My rankings are different from Slimm's in one key way: they're based on the Miami Dolphins. Most rankings you see will be general and not team-specific, which is understandable given that they're for an audience of fans of 32 different teams. But, it's not the way it works in real life. Brett Veech doesn't care if Trent McDuffie would be good on the Arizona Cardinals or if Creed Humphey would be good on the Tennessee Titans, etc.. With this being a Dolphins forum, I hope you guys will enjoy rankings based on who fits best within Miami's offensive and defensive systems.

I try to understand these players from as many angles as I can. I watch film to see what these guys do well and whether what they do well translates to the NFL; I use production metrics to measure the frequency with which they're successful and to cross-check what I'm seeing (maybe a guy made a spectacular contested catch in one of the games I watched, but it turns out he catches very few of his contested targets); and, I use athletic testing and measurements to cross-check what I'm seeing.

If you have any further questions about the process, please ask ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚ but, again, come check out the draft forum. There's lots of good discussion, as this is the time of year to dream of what could for our beloved Miami Dolphins ๐Ÿฌ

Really thrilled to see you posting this.

I always enjoy reading your thoughts and analysis on the draft.....thanks for sharing!

Good question, Danny. I'm going to zoom out a bit to answer it, but before I do, I should say that I expect Wilkins to be back, and AVG coming back wouldn't surprise me either. Davis I don't really care about tbh.

I'll always prioritize building a strong core of offensive players, so as long as there are significant/progress-impeding holes on offense, I'll take the same-or-better offensive player.

In the above, Miami still has a hole at LG. Currently, I view Powers-Johnson as a better prospect than any of the DT's and probably better than any of the Edge players who will be available. Dallas Turner is the only Edge I'd rank a tier higher. So, I'd feel good about solidifying the interior of the OL, JPJ could potentially win the Center job and kick Williams to LG, and either way, you'd feel good about your Center depth, which has been a big problem for Miami at times, particularly against good teams. But, I would feel good about playing him at LG, C, or RG.

If it's Mims vs Powers-Johnson, that's tougher, but I think Miami has to add some real talent to the OL so that they can build a more versatile offense, and this is a very strong group of Offensive Linemen, so it'd be wise for Miami to capitalize. Edge and DT are OK this year, but 2025 looks better, particularly at Edge.

Add some stopgaps in FA, play smart, scrappy D, and see if the offense can find some answers with a better OL - and hopefully a better TE and a more physical 3rd option at WR.
Would be awesome if we could bring back a lot of the guys on defense - mostly Wilkins, AVG, Elliott, Long - cut Baker I guess to save money? See if Tindall sucks terribly or not I suppose

But if we could do that it would be amazing to then be able to get JPJ then an OT with the next pick

And a trade down

Totally a dream scenario probably

Back
Top Bottom