Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Season ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

Would be awesome if we could bring back a lot of the guys on defense - mostly Wilkins, AVG, Elliott, Long - cut Baker I guess to save money? See if Tindall sucks terribly or not I suppose

But if we could do that it would be amazing to then be able to get JPJ then an OT with the next pick

And a trade down

Totally a dream scenario probably

I'm a fan of Elliott, so I'd like to bring him back, and I think he'll still be inexpensive, but their are like 10 Safeties hitting FA who would probably be better than any Rookie, and most of them would be cheap. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson would be my top non-Elliott choice. In general, I'd rather sign Safety and LB in FA, because they're cheap, and the rookies take time to develop.

But, I do think it'd be smart for Miami to take advantage of this strong OL group.

They say in the NFL you can't bring the same players back as if you did you would be the same team as you were the year before. I know we will have limitations to a degree. I excited to see who and where the changes for the best will occur. Hoping that this draft and UDFA's will upgrade the OL to a new level, and bring in some new hungry faces on the DL to mesh with the players we already have. :ffic:

It is not fashionable to take a centre in the 1st round, but the success over the past 3 or 4 years that Kansas have had with Creed Humphrey, Ravens and Lindebaum, and a few other teams, it has become a need for Miami, and although not a flashy pick, it is an important position to lock down for 5 or so years.

Brother Brad @j-off-her-doll I wanted to see if you thought that there might be some good talent to help this team that might not go drafted since we are limited in draft picks? Also what positions in this draft have the most quality depth in your opinion? Thank you very much. :ffic:

The draft is well stocked at OT, WR and QB. It's considered the deepest OT class in quite some time. WR is once again stacked and the QB's have scouts excited.

The Center and OG positions are top heavy, so grabbing one before day 3 could net a potential starter.

CB isn't as stacked as in years past. Perhaps with as few as 3-4 going in the first round.

Edge has some enticing players. But is not considered a strong class. The 2025 Edge Draft Class is considered to be much better and deeper.

Safety is another position that is top heavy. No likely first rounders but several day 2 types that can potentially make big impacts.

LB is unfortunately weak. Some quality but not a deep class at all.

TE is not as strong as 2023, but has a few very enticing prospects. Outside of Bowers, day 2 is where you'd most probably find a potential day 1 contributor.

DT another position that is considered strong. A couple of potential first rounders, but lots of day 2, early day 3 developmental/rotational type prospects. Baylors Gabe Hall has already met with Miami.

JMHO.

Last edited:
The draft is well stocked at OT, WR and QB. It's considered the deepest OT class in quite some time. WR is once again stacked and the QB's have scouts excited.

The Center and OG positions are top heavy, so grabbing one before day 3 could net a potential starter.

CB isn't as stacked as in years past. Perhaps with as few as 3-4 going in the first round.

Edge has some enticing players. But is not considered a strong class. The 2025 Edge Draft Class is considered to be much better and deeper.

Safety is another position that is top heavy. No likely first rounders but several day 2 types that can potentially make big impacts.

TE is not as strong as 2023, but has a few very enticing prospects. Day 2 is where you'd most probably find a potential day 1 contributor.
Thanks brother Jerry. :ffic:

Slimm's my guy, but I'm really glad you guys are excited for the content ๐Ÿฅ‚
Slimm contributed an immense amount of quality content. Something that is rare around here. It's great you're picking up the torch and obviously putting in a ton of time preparing your evaluations. HUGE contribution on your part!

Fantastic job!

BNF certified: A+++

:-) :)

It is not fashionable to take a centre in the 1st round, but the success over the past 3 or 4 years that Kansas have had with Creed Humphrey, Ravens and Lindebaum, and a few other teams, it has become a need for Miami, and although not a flashy pick, it is an important position to lock down for 5 or so years.

Not only that but in an offense relying on timing like ours, it would be immeasurable how great of an impact a true center that knows how to snap the ball properly can make. Sometimes the smallest thought of things can impact the game in a huge way.

TE is not as strong as 2023, but has a few very enticing prospects. Outside of Bowers, day 2 is where you'd most probably find a potential day 1 contributor.

DT another position that is considered strong. A couple of potential first rounders, but lots of day 2, early day 3 developmental/rotational type prospects. Baylors Gabe Hall has already met with Miami.

JMHO.
considering we can use help at OT and IOL it's a good draft for us.....I agree we can get a good TE on day two and that's why I'm hoping we move down from 21 and get a 3rd round pick.

this question for all the draft gurus here.......Zack Zinter who I thought was a top two IOL before his injury.......I'm sure he'll drop some but where do you guys see him going? I think he's going to be a beast in the NFL and late 2nd he'd be a steal......thoughts?

considering we can use help at OT and IOL it's a good draft for us.....I agree we can get a good TE on day two and that's why I'm hoping we move down from 21 and get a 3rd round pick.
I agree. With needs we have its imperative that we try and trade down to add to our roster.

Back
Top Bottom