Eclipse in 6 | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eclipse in 6

Make no mistake.

KOBE BRYANT IS UNCOACHABLE.

The guy couldn't stand to play the team game and win..he had to be the superstar and lose..

The lakers (I have watched them alot this year) seem to get bored when Kobe puts on his MJ impersonation...

They (role players) need to be involved for the Lakers to win..

Kobe is responsible for tempo on offense and he allowed a shootout by trying to go point for point with the suns..he needed to keep the lakers on track and go inside and use motion to get to the basket...not a shoot em up...

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that when Phil jackson went into his office in the locker room..he said.."F***KIN KOBE!"

bullseyeguy said:
I just cant wait to hear all the so called experts that have been on TV declaring how the series was already over....
well..i promised myself i'd finish this bottle of scotch by the time the sun came up (if LA lost), and I'm not one to break a promise. Take it easy man, your team showed a lot of heart to comeback 3 straight, you should be proud. just congratulating in advance cause I wont be on here for the game 7 debacle...wont even watch the game. If I see that LA won I'll honor my promise. peace

CirclingWagons said:
well..i promised myself i'd finish this bottle of scotch by the time the sun came up (if LA lost), and I'm not one to break a promise. Take it easy man, your team showed a lot of heart to comeback 3 straight, you should be proud. just congratulating in advance cause I wont be on here for the game 7 debacle...wont even watch the game. If I see that LA won I'll honor my promise. peace
Thanks man, much respect...

Good game by the Suns

But man its creepy I told you Kobe would drop 50.....then again I also said the Lakers would win...oh well

Good luck game 7

I would say this is the most emotional series ive ever watched, besides the pacers playoffs last year, because Reggie Miller is prolly my favorite player ever and to know it was his last series was rough.

Smush Parker turned back into a pumpkin this series. He has no confidence and has passed on many open shots. Lamar has been great and the refs took Kwame and Luke out of the game early with cheap fouls they didn't call the other way. In my opinion, Kobe had no choice but to soot away this game. He was making them too. It is just too bad his teammates stood around BEFORE he decided to shoot a ton.

They had the game won though. Up by three with less than 24 seconds on the clock. All you have to do is guard against the three ball. Let them drive inside uncontested, just don't let them his a three.

Tim Thomas will haunt this team for awhile if they can't pull out game 7.

Samphin said:
Smush Parker turned back into a pumpkin this series. He has no confidence and has passed on many open shots. Lamar has been great and the refs took Kwame and Luke out of the game early with cheap fouls they didn't call the other way. In my opinion, Kobe had no choice but to soot away this game. He was making them too. It is just too bad his teammates stood around BEFORE he decided to shoot a ton.

They had the game won though. Up by three with less than 24 seconds on the clock. All you have to do is guard against the three ball. Let them drive inside uncontested, just don't let them his a three.

Tim Thomas will haunt this team for awhile if they can't pull out game 7.

F*** Tim Thomas! :fire:

HurriPhinFan said:

Make no mistake about it those refs were horrid but L.A. overcame it. The young guys with little experienced tried to collapse on the rebound forgetting their responsibilies out on the perimeter and voila, Tim Thomas has a wide open three which I just knew was going in. At that point of thegame, you HAVE to guard against the three at all cost. Let Marion or Nash drive to the hoop and dunk it. Just don't give up the three. :shakeno:

I also thought Kobe would have tried to drive to the hoop and draw the fould to end the game as opposed to settling for a jumpshot. Oh well. I find it hard for L.A.to overcome this, but hopefully Jackson motivates them.

HurriPhinFan said:

:yeahthat:

There still 48 min. They just have to give the ball down low in the post. Who cares if they triple team. Let them get into foul trouble they are calling this game tight.

God dman, give it a rest with the refs losing the game for you...This series has had calls go both ways all 6 games, and guess what its tied now...If you think the refs killed the Lakers youre just dead wrong...There were 2 OBVIOUS plays toward the end of the game that went against the Suns and could heva won itbefor OT...The so called travel on Steve NAsh, and the no call of Offensive interference on Kobe when he knocked the ball in with it stil on the cylinder...Yeah the refs have made horrible calls, but theyve gone both ways all series...

bullseyeguy said:
God dman, give it a rest with the refs losing the game for you...This series has had calls go both ways all 6 games, and guess what its tied now...If you think the refs killed the Lakers youre just dead wrong...There were 2 OBVIOUS plays toward the end of the game that went against the Suns and could heva won itbefor OT...The so called travel on Steve NAsh, and the no call of Offensive interference on Kobe when he knocked the ball in with it stil on the cylinder...Yeah the refs have made horrible calls, but theyve gone both ways all series...

First off, if you read what I said, I never said they cost the Lakers the game. I said the Lakers OVERCAME IT, as in, it was no longer a factor. In fact, the refs were better in the second half than in the first, which was horrid.

What I said was that L.A. blew it by leaving Thomas on the perimeter and allowing him to nail the tre. Please try to comprehend what was said before spouting off, it makes you look silly.

The Suns played great in overtime. They simply took it to them from the Thomas three on into the overtime period.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone can blame Kobe for last night. If Tim Thomas doesn't have an open 3 point shot, everyone is talking about how Kobe took over when he needed to and carried his team into the second round, and less about how he regressed back to "typical Kobe."

The Lakers need to somehow get back into the mindset of moving without the ball and taking their open shots. If Smush passes up open shots because he is scared, you have to pull him. Kobe, Lamar and Kwame need to post up inside every time down. The Suns cannot guard down low. They just can't. Tim Thomas is a SF playing C. Feed the big men and get them (ESPECIALLY Tim Thomas) in fould trouble early.

The Lakers are floundering right now and need to build there confidence up DURING the game, which won't be easy. A good first quarter can go a long way. If they realize that they can still win this series, they have a shot. Phil needs to remind them that they are the seventh seed here. They aren't supposed to be able to hang with the mighty Suns and look how far we have taken them, now lets close it out.

I think Raja Bell being back may help too. Barbosa seems to be a better scoring option and pushing him back to the bench and out of any type of rhythem he got into as a starter could help.

Should be a good game either way. With the exception of game 5, they have all been nailbiters.

Samphin said:
Furthermore, I don't think anyone can blame Kobe for last night. If Tim Thomas doesn't have an open 3 point shot, everyone is talking about how Kobe took over when he needed to and carried his team into the second round, and less about how he regressed back to "typical Kobe."

The Lakers need to somehow get back into the mindset of moving without the ball and taking their open shots. If Smush passes up open shots because he is scared, you have to pull him. Kobe, Lamar and Kwame need to post up inside every time down. The Suns cannot guard down low. They just can't. Tim Thomas is a SF playing C. Feed the big men and get them (ESPECIALLY Tim Thomas) in fould trouble early.

The Lakers are floundering right now and need to build there confidence up DURING the game, which won't be easy. A good first quarter can go a long way. If they realize that they can still win this series, they have a shot. Phil needs to remind them that they are the seventh seed here. They aren't supposed to be able to hang with the mighty Suns and look how far we have taken them, now lets close it out.

I think Raja Bell being back may help too. Barbosa seems to be a better scoring option and pushing him back to the bench and out of any type of rhythem he got into as a starter could help.

Should be a good game either way. With the exception of game 5, they have all been nailbiters.

Totally agree. After watching the replay I dont know how they could of let anyone around the 3pt open. Who care if they would got the easy 2pt. They should gaurded the 3 pt line. Key to game 7 TURNOVERS.

Samphin said:
First off, if you read what I said, I never said they cost the Lakers the game. I said the Lakers OVERCAME IT, as in, it was no longer a factor. In fact, the refs were better in the second half than in the first, which was horrid.

What I said was that L.A. blew it by leaving Thomas on the perimeter and allowing him to nail the tre. Please try to comprehend what was said before spouting off, it makes you look silly.

The Suns played great in overtime. They simply took it to them from the Thomas three on into the overtime period.
Dude, I can comprehend what you said just fine, I can also read between the lines just fine..Under your logic, if the refs hadnt been so bad in the first half, they would have had a better chance of winning in the end, especially noticeable when you said Kwame and Luke were in foul trouble because of the refs...And not to mention you started a whole thread about how the refs sucked...
In your opinion the refs were better in the second half, thats because there were more biased calls going against the Suns at that point...

Back
Top Bottom