Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

Egnew was a non factor. He really didn't blow like Jonathan Martin did. Both guys need to step up this year.
Having Keller and an emerging Egnew would be great targets for RT.

I wouldn't say he was a non factor. He was just an undersized LT playing against grown men. They say he put on muscle this year so he should be just fine.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

yeah he's "ballin" alright...ha ha

wait for full contact in full pads...

Egnew, BULLY! :lol:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhn3tn7e1bh123mtf4

I can see it now Egghead will be this years Brandon London on Finheaven! Any moment now a YouTube video shot during practice of a no pads drill designed to give the route runner a advantage will pop up on here. Egghead will abuse players destin to check my receipt at Sams Club and the Finheaven masses will drool over the video claiming Egghead the best TE in the AFC East!

I wouldn't write anyone off in the first season. I think he needed a push in the right direction. I hope he takes advantage and really pushes himself to be a player in this league.

Interesting debate about Egnew. From everything I can recall over the past year about him, the consensus on him is he's soft, that he's weak, can't block, and seemed to be timid on the field. I have to track down the article, but the "soft" label came from his own lockerroom. Yes, none of the fans have seen any evidence of this because he hasn't been on the field enough. But If his teammates are saying this about him, than why should fans think differently.

On a positive note, coach Philbin still gives him a vote of confidence, and I hope he can prove his detractors (including me) wrong because our team would benefit from it. But until then, I'll wait for the pads come on and see how he performs, because that's when he's going to have to take his game to another level.

Egnew video last year about hard knocks.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videogallery/71834396/Sports/Michael-Egnew-reacts-to-Hard-Knocks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...w-didnt-love-their-appearances-on-hard-knocks
And for Egnew, he was asked if he received phone calls from friends and family who wanted to poke fun at or to show support for his televised plight. He didn't smile when he said, “I shut my phone off.”

"I guarantee any player can tell you the experience,” Egnew said. “It's one of those things that happens a lot because he wants the best out of his players. It just so happens that mine made the episode and it's OK."

It's also what makes “Hard Knocks" always so compelling. Coaches are honest for the cameras, and by extension, fans get a better understanding of what's actually happening behind the scenes.

I've had a wait-and-see approach to Egnew since he started struggling. Both drafts have been about getting superior athletes who need development. Both drafts put a lot of faith in the coaching staff. I'm cautiously optimistic about Egnew.

I've put up a couple of threads, and a number of posts defending Egnew. I did so because I saw many being really down on the guy for little reason.

I have absolutely no idea if he will make the team this year, become a Pro Bowler or, a second TE. No one does. I just wanted to see Phans/Fans give the kid a chance. It seems that many are now doing so, and what's wrong with that?

His play, in this off season, will dictate his play this year. Sounds fair to me, and I hope he does well.

If he pans out, we can have our own version of Gronk/AHern. Not that neither of our guys are that good, but similar body/play styles between Egnew/Keller. Plus we also have Clay and Sims

Ginn is soft!!! I haven't seen Egnew yet... have you???

Have you seen him to state that he is not soft?

Ted Ginn actually played as a rookie and scored. Let's not compare the two.

I can see it now Egghead will be this years Brandon London on Finheaven! Any moment now a YouTube video shot during practice of a no pads drill designed to give the route runner a advantage will pop up on here. Egghead will abuse players destin to check my receipt at Sams Club and the Finheaven masses will drool over the video claiming Egghead the best TE in the AFC East!

This is so off base as a comparison.

Any support for Egnew comes strictly in response to the overwhelming amount of negativity hurled at him for spurious reasons. The fact that you would interpret these "Maybe Michael Egnew isn't the worst football player in the history of the game" posts as akin to people being about to proclaim him the best TE in the AFC East says more about your point of view than it does the people you're talking about.

This is just another example of why I really like Philbin as our head coach. He knows Egnew is having confidence issues because of a laclister rookie year and how he was portrayed to the public on Hard Knocks, so he addresses it by trying to help build his confidence, in order to get the most of him as a player. Even if he ends up being a failure, Philbin is giving him an opportunity to succeed and not just writing him off.

Any support for Egnew comes strictly in response to the overwhelming amount of negativity hurled at him for spurious reasons. The fact that you would interpret these "Maybe Michael Egnew isn't the worst football player in the history of the game" posts as akin to people being about to proclaim him the best TE in the AFC East says more about your point of view than it does the people you're talking about.

I'm firmly in the camp that the guy's going to bust and probably get cut this year, but I'd at least like to see him in the preseason before I go off about how he's the worst player to even put on a uniform. I'm not sure if that makes me an Egnew blind faith homer or something, but hey, what can I say? I like to be controversial.

As stated, I wold like to see him get a chance this year, and Philbin and Sherman seem to agree, for now. Does he have a shot? Don't have a clue but, he is trying, and that's worth something.

I see Clay as a multi position guy in FB, TE, and H-back (where he did well as a rookie), and not competition for Egnew. Opinion?

In retrospect, although interesting, entertaining, if not compelling, from a fan POV, IMO Hard KNocks did not serve the club well at all - perpetuating stereotypes especially of Philbin, painting negative pics, espec of Egnew and making mountains out of routine business molehills, ala Vontae and especially Ocho Stinko. The team would have been better served training in the stealth mode even if it meant no exposure to 7-11 or the lineman the jest signed and then injured with no medical coverage.

Back
Top Bottom