ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings?

Jennings is by far my first choice. Bring in 2 young, fast WR's and have Jennings lead the line, Hartline #2 and Bess in the slot with the young guys (including possibly Matthews) competing for that 4th spot and rotating in as they learn. Jennings will provide us skill, leadership, examples, hard work, and set the tone for our young WR's to make sure we don't grow divas.

Consider that this year came on the heels of an endorsement-heavy offseason where he wasn't devoted entirely to football and it resulted in injuries. Remember that he has a lot of pride and will be extra-motivated (and rested) to prove Miami right and Green Bay wrong for letting him go. Recognize that he probably has 4 good productive years left, which is plenty to get us through the developmental curve of our young WR's. Don't underestimate how important it is to Philbin's system to have his most talented and productive WR from his time in Green Bay. We are building around Tannehill and this is THE ideal receiver for Philbin's system. He easily and consistently gets separation, makes good catches, understands back-shoulder throws, fights for his QB by coming back to the ball and breaking up INT's. Our rookie WR's will learn more than how to run routes and find soft spots in zones. And they'll do it when NOT facing the other team's best CB's. Hartline has had a field day against subpar corners, which will be most of what he sees if Jennings comes to Miami.

If he can be had, Greg Jennings is the one player I'd say is a must-have for Philbin, Sherman and Tannehill. They may have other top WR's in Green Bay, but if he were affordable and consistently healthy, Greg Jennings would start every game for Green Bay. The fact that we even have a shot at him is fortuitous IMHO.

Jennings is by far my first choice. Bring in 2 young, fast WR's and have Jennings lead the line, Hartline #2 and Bess in the slot with the young guys (including possibly Matthews) competing for that 4th spot and rotating in as they learn. Jennings will provide us skill, leadership, examples, hard work, and set the tone for our young WR's to make sure we don't grow divas.

Consider that this year came on the heels of an endorsement-heavy offseason where he wasn't devoted entirely to football and it resulted in injuries. Remember that he has a lot of pride and will be extra-motivated (and rested) to prove Miami right and Green Bay wrong for letting him go. Recognize that he probably has 4 good productive years left, which is plenty to get us through the developmental curve of our young WR's. Don't underestimate how important it is to Philbin's system to have his most talented and productive WR from his time in Green Bay. We are building around Tannehill and this is THE ideal receiver for Philbin's system. He easily and consistently gets separation, makes good catches, understands back-shoulder throws, fights for his QB by coming back to the ball and breaking up INT's. Our rookie WR's will learn more than how to run routes and find soft spots in zones. And they'll do it when NOT facing the other team's best CB's. Hartline has had a field day against subpar corners, which will be most of what he sees if Jennings comes to Miami.

If he can be had, Greg Jennings is the one player I'd say is a must-have for Philbin, Sherman and Tannehill. They may have other top WR's in Green Bay, but if he were affordable and consistently healthy, Greg Jennings would start every game for Green Bay. The fact that we even have a shot at him is fortuitous IMHO.
Very well said and couldn't agree more

I was watching Jennings in the last couple of games, especially focusing on the Packers-Bears game and he is still a beast. I mean, he hasn't lost anything in his ability to get separation and compete for the ball in the air. He's still a much more powerful physical specimen than anything we have on our roster.

The success that James Jones has had, and especially this past Sunday was a result of the attention teams have to pay to Green Bay's other weapons. Jennings was still getting the #1WR treatment by the Bears D. I love the way he controls the space around him as the ball is coming in, and I can't even remember a drop from him.

There's no reason for us not to end up with Wallace, Jennings or Bowe. My preference would be Wallace followed by Jennings. With our cap space and need there should be no doubt we end up with one of them.

Jennings for 2 years, draft another burner in the 1st or 2nd, hartline & bees would be ok

Jennings is a product of Aaron Rodgers being the best qb in the league. look at James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson etc these guys are above average wrs. Any of you wanting to sign Jennings for huge money are crazy. Lets start drafting better

If he wants big money, then you should judge him based upon playing 14 games at a high level. He will not meet that criteria. I hope we do not sign him.

Why can't we sign Jennings AND Wallace? Draft another WR in the first round? let Hartline walk and keep Bess and we're straight! I look at teams like Atlanta with Roddie white and Julio jones and think why can't we have something similar?

Jennings is a product of Aaron Rodgers being the best qb in the league. look at James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson etc these guys are above average wrs. Any of you wanting to sign Jennings for huge money are crazy. Lets start drafting better

They compliment one another nicely but you cannot deny Jenning's talent. There are no great WRs without a great QBs (see Larry Fitzgerald) or great QBs without WRs.

Love Jennings but you can't pay a guy for what he did a few years ago, he should be paid on what he's done lately. I don't think he'll get the kind of money he thinks he will.

Jennings might want to reevaluate his contract options. The market for 30 year old oft-injury WR isn't exactly huge or lucrative

Love Jennings but you can't pay a guy for what he did a few years ago, he should be paid on what he's done lately. I don't think he'll get the kind of money he thinks he will.

He's been injured all year. This is perfect for us. It will lower his asking price.

Well, okay, maybe the fact that the Packers offense has put up almost ten points per game less without him will raise his asking price. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom