ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com: Will phins make push for Greg Jennings?

Jennings is a product of Aaron Rodgers being the best qb in the league. look at James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson etc these guys are above average wrs. Any of you wanting to sign Jennings for huge money are crazy. Lets start drafting better

Was Duper just a good WR because he had Marino? Didn't he have any natural ability to go along with it? Could Marino have made Naanee into an all pro?

Jennings a product of Aaron Rodgers? This stuff is hilarious. Go watch some actual game footage of the guy. As others have pointed out, he is fast, great hands, great route runner, great body control, and he is a physical player -- something we are sorely lacking between Brian Hartline and Davone Bess. He is also known to be a great locker room presence and really likes Joe Philbin.

If you aren't absolutely salivating at the thought of Green Bay letting him hit free agency and Miami having a ton of cap room to go get him, I don't even know what to say.

Does sound like Jennings will at the very least think of Miami among his first choices when/if he becomes a free agent.

But if Jeff Ireland low balls him, it's over.

Everybody wants Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings. Honestly only one of these guys will hit free agency. Jennings will most likely be the one to hit FA. Bottom line we need to sign one of these WRs.

Not a chance in hell Bowe is in Kansas City next year.

Does sound like Jennings will at the very least think of Miami among his first choices when/if he becomes a free agent.

But if Jeff Ireland low balls him, it's over.
Hopefully he respects Philbin's desire as to whether or not he wants him in his system. I would assume he does so low balling him shouldn't be an issue. Even Ireland has got to realize next season is most likely his last opportunity to put talent around Tannehill.

People will be upset if we pay Jennings anything over 5 mill a year? Really? Because paying him six or seven would be highway robbery. People are talking about paying that much to Brian Hartline, and Brian Hartline isn't half the player Greg Jennings is.

This is a pretty weak argument, because it's a straight up straw man. Nowhere on earth did I say I wanted Hartline for 6-7 million dollars. I don't want Jennings for a big contract. He's not worth it. Simply not worth it.

There's a reason I said I would prefer to have Bowe for 3 years, Jennings for 2, and Wallace for 5. Wallace is younger and on fresher legs. Wallace is only 26, will be playing in his 5th year as a pro (vs 8 for Jennings and 7 for Bowe) and he does far more than just run deep. It's getting aggrivating seeing people constantly say he doesn't have the same route tree that Jennings does. Just because his bread and butter is the deep ball (which he might be the best in the league at) does not mean he isn't capable of other things.

Miami is missing ONE thing and ONE thing right now on offense... an unstoppable deep threat. If they are able to open it up, you will find Bess and Hartline getting wide open. Hartline would see single man coverage, and he'd be able to hit those outs/comebacks/8 yard cut slants all day.

Jennings does everything well, but he's not a standout deep threat nor is he that much of an upgrade between 10-20 over Hartline. I'm just flat out not seeing it.

If I'm being honest and realistic, Miami will likely sign Jennings for 3 years/24 million with 15 guaranteed or something silly like that. I don't want them to, but they will. They will also likely target BPA WR, whether it be Round 1 or 2. I don't think they wait until 3. I think Miami makes a move with their extra picks. We have 4 positions of need, which drops to 3 of dire need if we sign Jennings. Picking up a young rook WR with game breaking potential would be nice, as you'd hope he would have it start clicking the moment Jennings is done, much like Green Bay did with Jones this season.

Miami will likely be outbid for Wallace's services, by a team like Indianapolis I am hearing. They seem to be enamored with his deep ability.

sign Bowe first… if able, sign Jennings, draft 2 WRs and sign 2/3 undrafted WRs… go hard at it

Sign Bowe... then Jennings... THEN draft 2 more WRs? Are we cutting Matthews, Moore and Bess or something? Where are all these players going? You don't fling **** to the wall and hope something sticks when you're discussing high draft picks as part of that mud.

You are not signing both Bowe and Jennings. That's absolutely insane to me. If you pick up Bowe or Jennings, you draft a guy in the top 3 rounds as your young potential guy. If you pick up Wallace, you are fine. You've got 5 years with one of the best deep threats in the league, and a guy who can actually play the intermediate route very very well. You possibly draft another WR, depending on BPA.

Miami has other holes to fill, some of them dire, so I would prefer to not approach this draft like a Madden Draft where you are just hoping to get a 99 speed guy

sign Bowe first… if able, sign Jennings, draft TE/Ty Eifert & 2 WRs and sign 2/3 undrafted WRs… go hard at it

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a chance in hell Bowe is in Kansas City next year.

They've said that they don't plan on resigning him. He's gone. San Diego, Miami or New York are likely destinations for him, for whatever reason.

This team needs more than one deep threat. This team needs two deep threats and a more athletic tight end.

Jennings has all spring and summer to heal up. Pay the man. What better way to close out your career being the #1 WR in an offense you are familiar with, on a team with a top 10 defense and a head coach that loves you.

He'd be an idiot not to come here.

Our pass offense immediately moves up 5 slots with this guy on the field.

thing about these boards is, you always get jumped by a 'keyboard kickboxer' who doesn't read what you write… as posted: sign Bowe first… "if able" then Jennings. and yes, BE INSANE!! you can never have too much depth. players today are bigger, faster, stronger - but less durable. the Packers don't skim their roster and say "oh well, we've got a 1A so we don't need 1B”. they have a stable of depth to run at you over and over. so much so, that guys like Jennings & Finley are seemingly expendable.

their castoffs and backups are most likely starters in MIA.

Signing two big name receivers like Bowe and Jennings is something that happens in fantasy football not reality. We have a coach who wants to build through the draft, he could make one exception but two in a year? Two ageing receivers? Both on big money?

People saying let Hartline walk are insane. He has rapport with Tannehill, knows the offense and it be basically Miami developing him for someone else. Hartline needs to be re-signed. About Jennings...doesn't matter about his injuries he won't come cheaply as some WR starved team (such as Miami) will drive up his price. Not to mention the WRs in this upcoming draft aren't exactly too impressive. Jennings, Bowe and Wallace will get paid. None of them will be obtained cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom