ESPN's McShay has us taking........Mark Ingram | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's McShay has us taking........Mark Ingram

Are any of the receivers worthy of us looking at, if say we are picking at 18? Especially factoring in the decent depth at WR and more glaring needs elsewhere? I think AJ Green is a for sure top 10 pick, and preseason favorites like Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, and Jonathan Baldwin have not done what they were expected to. Me personally, I like Floyd, but only if he were to be a Round 2 selection, which would require us to trade down in Round 1.

Julio is having his best season.. and he's doing it with a broken hand that required screws to be put in it. He's improved every single aspect of his game as a junior... he's NFL ready... and most likely a top 15 pick... he is to me.

If Julio is on the board when Miami picks, there's no way I'd pass him up.

in any trade down scenario i'm all about some kyle rudolph at te also who imo is a top 20 bpa fully healthy...heck i may take him at pick #18 if i know that he's gonna be fully healthy...if i could trade down and still come away with rudolph and hankerson with my top 2 picks i'd be one very happy camper...i know that

I could envision a scenario where Rulolph may drop into Round 2. His inline blocking is pretty good, not quite consistent enough for my liking, but I understand his value as a receiving threat. You can be taught to block. He would have to have quite the workout process to slide into the top 20, IMO. However, the way he perfectly fits into our offense and would immediately make everyone involved better, there are a lot of players I would be less happy with that Rudolph, even at 18.

"Even Richardson"? I have news for you... Trent Richardson is going to be the best running back prospect to come out since Adrian Peterson... he's going to be a top 10 pick at the RB position.

..and Ryan Williams isn't in Mark Ingram's category. Besides, it's not like Darren Evans and David Wilson haven't produced behind VT's offensive line either...

i'd take ingram over richardson...

As a Bama guy...I LOVE Mark Ingram..and would love for him to play for the Dolphins....but when you start comparing
him to Trent..there are some differances.
(1)Trent is more powerful....
(2)Trent is ALOT faster..10.6 100 meter time
(3)Trents vision and balance is ALMOST as good as Ingram's..Mark has this little side jump and go,that sets him apart.
(4) Trent catches the ball better.
Now don't get me wrong...Mark is great..I just think Trent will be something special.

Trent reminds ME of Ricky Williams coming out of Texas.
Just wait and see,when he gets the full load next year.

I don't think you can go wrong with either back... Trent Richardson is more talented, and he's going to be a better pro prospect.

Richardson brings more power, and a little better breakaway speed. Slightly more versatile than Ingram. He's also learned a few tricks from Ingram, and he's beginning to utilize a few of Ingram's nuances in his running style.

Ingram is going to be a terrific pro... but the fact is, Richardson is a better prospect.

the only thing that i would like from mark ingram would be a little more top end speed and acceleration...other than that i think he's got it all...

watch that kid pass protect or pick up a blitz...he stones people...and for me he's got just the makeup i want on this roster...quality kid quality player...quality pro

as for richardson i can't personally put him on ap's level as a prospect...thats some high pedestal there

i also can't wait for the freshman rb from south carolina to come out...he's got great feet for his size...name escapes me at the moment

richardson also reminds me of ricky williams namor...

Trent won't fumble as much as A.P.

There's not a back in college football that picks up a blitz better than Richardson... he absolutely destroyed a blitzing defender in the San Jose St. game on McElroy's TD bomb to Marquis Maze...

He up-ended a 300+ pound defensive lineman in the Penn St. game on a blitz... turned him a flip and dumped him completely on his head...

He's excellent at it... does a great job every game that he's played. It's actually the most improved aspect of his game from last year. He takes pride in it...

the other thing about these bama backs is they've been sharing the load so much...so you draft mark ingram you're not getting some overworked in college running back who's legs aren't fresh...

you're getting a crisp top tier back you can hand the rock to 20 times per game and know that he's not gonna put the ball on the ground and if there's a hole he's gonna find it...and i think about strength and conditioning strides he'll make in the pros and i just think he's gonna light the league on fire...

20 carries a game is an easy 1200 yards and double digit tds from ingram...who couldn't use that??? so much better vision than anyone we have toting the rock right now

The Ingram vs. Richardson debate reminds me of DeAngelo Williams vs. Jonathan Stewart in Carolina. By every physical measurement, Stewart is by far the better physical specimen. He's bigger, faster, more powerful. But give me Williams every day of the week. Likewise, give me Ingram.

Julio is having his best season.. and he's doing it with a broken hand that required screws to be put in it. He's improved every single aspect of his game as a junior... he's NFL ready... and most likely a top 15 pick... he is to me.

If Julio is on the board when Miami picks, there's no way I'd pass him up.

I have only saw one Alabama game, which is amazing considering the amount of football I watch, lol. He played pretty good, the one thing I really noticed is he looks leaner. He looked more fluid. I think he could have benefited from playing in a more wide-open offense, and I guess his lack of numbers is one of the things I think probably lowered him in my eyes. Also, I would like for more hand-catching, though he seems to have improved. Did you see him against J Jenkins when they played UF? Was he matched up in man the entire time? I was pissed when I missed that game, as I wanted to see that matchup.

I have only saw one Alabama game, which is amazing considering the amount of football I watch, lol. He played pretty good, the one thing I really noticed is he looks leaner. He looked more fluid. I think he could have benefited from playing in a more wide-open offense, and I guess his lack of numbers is one of the things I think probably lowered him in my eyes. Also, I would like for more hand-catching, though he seems to have improved. Did you see him against J Jenkins when they played UF? Was he matched up in man the entire time? I was pissed when I missed that game, as I wanted to see that matchup.

If you know anything about Alabama football, you know that Alabama has always been, and always will be a football team that runs the football and plays defense above all else. It's always been that way, and it will never change.

Receivers have never put up gaudy statistics at Alabama. Julio would most certainly have benefited statistically in a wide open offense, in some other conference that doesn't play defense like the SEC.

However, numbers don't translate to the NFL anyway... it's the physical tools and talent that translates.. and Julio has it all in spades.

McElwain has opened up the offense this year more in an attempt to get the ball in Julio's hands by any means neccessary... the run/pass ratio this year is significantly increased from years past... which has led to Julio's record setting performances.

Janoris Jenkins got the best of Julio in that matchup... and Jenkins is at worst my 3rd rated CB if he declares.

However, Julio got the best of Stephon Gilmore in their matchup... Gilmore will be a top 15 pick next year if he comes out, and probably the #1 CB prospect in the country.

Julio also got the best of Corey Broomfield, who is the single most underrated CB prospect in the country right now that a lot of people don't know about... but they'll know about him soon enough.

The best matchup to watch was Julio vs. Patrick Peterson... I still watch it over and over again because it's that good. I end up giving the edge to Julio every time... I give the edge to Peterson in last year's matchup...

..and he absolutely destroyed Neiko Thorpe (another CB that I like), Demond Washington, and any other CB that Auburn tried to matchup with him...

If you know anything about Alabama football, you know that Alabama has always been, and always will be a football team that runs the football and plays defense above all else. It's always been that way, and it will never change.

Receivers have never put up gaudy statistics at Alabama. Julio would most certainly have benefited statistically in a wide open offense, in some other conference that doesn't play defense like the SEC.

However, numbers don't translate to the NFL anyway... it's the physical tools and talent that translates.. and Julio has it all in spades.

McElwain has opened up the offense this year more in an attempt to get the ball in Julio's hands by any means neccessary... the run/pass ratio this year is significantly increased from years past... which has led to Julio's record setting performances.

Janoris Jenkins got the best of Julio in that matchup... and Jenkins is at worst my 3rd rated CB if he declares.

However, Julio got the best of Stephon Gilmore in their matchup... Gilmore will be a top 15 pick next year if he comes out, and probably the #1 CB prospect in the country.

Julio also got the best of Corey Broomfield, who is the single most underrated CB prospect in the country right now that a lot of people don't know about... but they'll know about him soon enough.

The best matchup to watch was Julio vs. Patrick Peterson... I still watch it over and over again because it's that good. I end up giving the edge to Julio every time... I give the edge to Peterson in last year's matchup...

..and he absolutely destroyed Neiko Thorpe (another CB that I like), Demond Washington, and any other CB that Auburn tried to matchup with him...

Perfect writeup. I was write in that it was his lack of statistics that skewed my view of him. As I said, I just have not seen him. The reason I asked about the matchup with Jenkins is that I love to watch those one-on-one situations. I never get too carried away with who wins the individual matchups, as long as both sides play to their ability. I think that Jones' playing in the pro style offense will help him as far as ROY honors go next year, and the further outside of the top 10 he falls (I think he is right in that range) the better team he goes to. Pair him with a guy like Matt Ryan or a Tom Brady, and he probably does win ROY. I just don't realistically see him being there when we pick, and I don't know if we would take him even if that was the case.

Back
Top Bottom