Ever meet any current players playing today? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ever meet any current players playing today?

I bowled with dwight howard here in orlando.. He had the lane next to mine, and i talked with him at the bar, i had a pitcher of beer, he had a pitcher of sprite.. he's still underage i think... lol, that was a year ago..

i also served Marty Booker 2 years ago, when i worked at the Cooper City Melting Pot. He signed my credit card slip and tipped me really well when i told him i was a lifetime dolphin fan, i wanted to tell him catch the ball..

LMAO and not to get hurt every game either

I got to work JT's youth football camp this past summer before he was traded and the hotel we were staying in was where the team had the rookies stay for mini-camp. I got to meet Jake Long, Donald Thomas, Davone Bees, Lex Hilliard and Matt Spanos. Of those, Long and Thomas were the two I talked to more than the others; both very nice guys. Very big as you might expect.

I meet quite a few non dolphins. The only former dolphin i have meet was Damon Huard when he played for NE.
He was one of the nicest players i have meet. He talked with me for about 15 min and signed a card as well great guy.

I also have meet that was very cool.
Tedi bruschi
Troy brown
few others as i worked at best buy and they came in thier alot.

JT's Ping Pong Tourney

I was down there a few years ago and happened to go to Jason Taylors ping pong tourney and met a bunch of players and got pix and autographs with Zach, Channing Crowder, Y bell, Will Allen, Kevin Carter, Matt Roth, mcmike, Booker and a bunch more.. Marino was there but he was inside the barrier near the tables so I asked Kim Bokampers daughters to get me his autograph and he signed it no problem. Very cool We also went to a game that week against the patriots where we won 21-0 and Ronnie had a broken hand and was on the sidelines. We had field level seats and he signed my ticket which was also very cool. The stars were aligned for me that week for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've met quite a few Phins players (or former Phins while they were still with us) and some of the nice ones that stick out in my mind are Ronnie Brown, Oronde Gadsden, Joey Harrington and Vernon Carey. By far the nicest Phins I have met were Randy McMicheal and Junior Seau. I will say that when I met Nick Saban he was quite the dick......I am so glad he is gone.

I've met quite a few non-Phins players as well but none really impressed me enough to give them much thought.

I've actually partied with Ronnie, Crowder and McMichael at a club in Macon, GA called Deya Night Club. I shared a swig of tequila from Ronnie's bottle and my wife and I danced with Crowder and McMike. McMichael went to Peach county High School in GA and has had a charity BB game there the last few years. Chambers was there. (he didn't go to the club). He's a pretty quiet guy. Crowder is real nice...and a crazy man! Funny as hell. McMichael is cool...he even got on my cell phone with my kid. (my son wasn't there). When you get these guys out away from football...they all are pretty cool. (this was during the offseason). Got autographs and pics with all of them. Don't have any on my laptop...but when I get home, i'll try and post some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent Green's son was in my brother's basketball team last year.
We talked about the team. He said Cam made him go on IR, and that he felt great, he would've been playing if it was for him. We chatted for like 30 minutes, but I didnt ask for an autograph or anything. A LOT of little kids bothered him though and he gladly signed every single one of them and talked to them.

But their playoff game was the day of the Dolphins Christmas Party, so his kid(who was pretty good), couldnt go, and they got eliminated.

I've met plenty of ex and current NFL'ers if they went to FSU.

Also I've met Bob Griese, Keith Jackson, Lynn Swann, and Dan Fouts.

FWIW: I played high school ball with Brad Culpepper, against Eric Terrell(sp? - though he made the Phins PS years ago.)

Kinda boring life?

Yea, Randy McMichael is real cool and a real nice guy. He beats pregnant women with chairs for christ sakes. Yet in another thread, Dan Marino, despite the fact he dosent beat pregnant women and does countless kind acts for the benefit of others, is a real prick because he wouldnt sign something for somebody. :rolleyes: Get real people.

Yea, Randy McMichael is real cool and a real nice guy. He beats pregnant women with chairs for christ sakes. Yet in another thread, Dan Marino, despite the fact he dosent beat pregnant women and does countless kind acts for the benefit of others, is a real prick because he wouldnt sign something for somebody. :rolleyes: Get real people.

You don't have to beat pregnant women to come off as a douche bag...

Back
Top Bottom