Ever meet any current players playing today? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ever meet any current players playing today?

Yea, Randy McMichael is real cool and a real nice guy. He beats pregnant women with chairs for christ sakes. Yet in another thread, Dan Marino, despite the fact he dosent beat pregnant women and does countless kind acts for the benefit of others, is a real prick because he wouldnt sign something for somebody. :rolleyes: Get real people.

man that is uncalled for, he wasnt found guilty and the guy did charity work and was a class guy . I dont understand why fans have to bash a guy when he was reportedly defending himself. no man in their right mind is going to let a woman hit them with a baseball bat.
did it ever occur to people that athletes have a bad day but that doesnt mean they are like that all the time.

I wont apologize for being a Mcmichael fan nor will I apologize for being a chambers fan. People always want to blame players when it is the coaches and offensive coordinators that set up a guy to fail.

I would have loved to have met Chambers, Mcmichael , Sage , and other cast of characters .

by the way what is Bob Greise and Mercury Morris and Jim Langer like ? dhave any of you guys met those guys.

I was at that game in Indy. It was great. I had the phins, the over, and too much to drink :lol:. I was hanging out of the car window in the parking lot after the game screaming to people about how I told them the phins and the over were a LOCK and they shouldve taken them too. Funny thing is, both of my friends that I was with had the Colts. :lol: In fact, the guy who was driving was the guy who took my bets. I not only cleaned up that weekend, but he didnt care for it when a couple of people threw stuff
An astoundingly amazing and surprising post WV, on several levels :up::tongue:

15mog7a-1.jpg

Exactly. Which was going to be my next point. Just cause he seemed pleasant on a particular night you met him dosent make him a nice or cool guy. How about those people sitting in the restaurant trying to enjoy a meal with their families when he slammed a chair on his pregnant girlfriend? What do you think they would say?

Im sorry, I dont need to meet the guy to form an opinion on whether or not he is a nice guy based upon the fact that I know he beat a pregnant girl with a chair in a public restaurant. Thats good enough for me to classify him as scum. Sure, maybe he had a bad day and in one single moment, lost his cool and made a mistake. Fine. And everyone deserves a shot at forgiveness. None of us are void of making mistakes.

However, for me, it will take more than a few people claiming they met the guy at a bar or something and he was nice to them.

And my whole beef was how Dan Marino was classified as an ******* simply because he didnt sign something for some fans. It just makes no sense to me that McMichael can be regarded so highly as a person on one thread and Dan being labeled an ******* in another when you consider whats really important.

And oh yea, like I was trying to point out in the other thread, lets not pretend we can really know someone based off a short encounter.

Since the purpose of this thread STILL seems to escape you (and clearly you haven't read through the entire thing), I will break it down for ya one more time. This thread was created to find out which players people have met and what they were like. In MY experiences meeting Randy, he was a nice guy to me and my son. Did you notice that I said "my" experiences? That's because YOUR personal feelings have no bearing on how McMike treated us. What part of that do you not understand? Now, if people that were at that resteraunt chose to come on the forums and post that he was a prick, they have every right to do that based on THEIR experience with him. I can only speak for me and my experience with the man....and he was a nice guy to me and my son. Now, if you want to continue to argue about this, then create a thread called, "Players/Former Players and their character flaws" and THEN we will discuss your point of view. Otherwise, your assertions have no place in this thread unless they pertain to your personal experience with the man.

I met Don Shula a few years ago and he was as nice a man as I have ever met. We talked for a few minutes and I got his autograph.
I have also met Mike Dikta and Tom Jackson and both were very nice and didn't mind talking to me. I couldn't believe how small TJ was but then again when he played linebackers weren't as big as they are today.

I also had the honor of meeting Coach Shula back in 89. He was very down-to-earth......almost reminded me of my grandfather. Very humble guy given his success and his stature in the NFL.

At the annual Dolphins Banquet (except they didnt have it last year cause we SUCKED) every table gets to sit with a Dolphins player. I was at the second table and I was so excited because I thought I would get to sit with a really good player. Ronnie Brown was sitting at table 3, and Keith Traylor I believe was at table 1. Drunk Joey Porter was supposed to sit at my table, but he sat down at the VIP section and we didn't get to sit with anyone. I am actually glad he didnt sit next to me cause who knows what could happen? He could have gotten mad at me and hit me or something... i called up the dolphins and they gave me free vip passes for a dolphins practice but still wtf.

also john denney- nicest player on the team
and gibron hamden- the qb who was on the phins but now bills- super nice
john beck is a good guy, chris chambers didnt seem very friendly

LMAO hed get in your face if you gave him a dirty look

I met Zach and Ricky at Fat Tuesdays in South Beach talked to them for a bit very nice guys.Than Zach told me he was getting ready to leave and his brother in law was going to pick him up(Thats right JT).They all autographed a hat I was wearing.I also met Don Shula at the ESPN club in Disney got a photo and autograph with him Super nice guy.I met Sabon at his radio show he was a jerk.I also met Marino at the hall of fame induction Very nice guy got a photo and autograph from him.

Back
Top Bottom