Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016 | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016

Every QB has flaws. Every QB has strengths. Sometimes the only thing that separates an elite QB from an average QB are intangibles. I have never seen Tannehill go for a free play after a hardcount. Rodgers and Tannehill could have the exact same arm talent but the guy doing the little extras, like the free play, and the pocket manipulation, and noticing when its a 3 man rush, and getting to the line quick when the defense is making changes is going to increase his teams chances.

Well, until last season, he wasn't allowed to change plays.

Every QB has flaws. Every QB has strengths. Sometimes the only thing that separates an elite QB from an average QB are intangibles. I have never seen Tannehill go for a free play after a hardcount. Rodgers and Tannehill could have the exact same arm talent but the guy doing the little extras, like the free play, and the pocket manipulation, and noticing when its a 3 man rush, and getting to the line quick when the defense is making changes is going to increase his teams chances.
that's a good comparison, a 13 year vet to a 6 year vet. got it.

Well, until last season, he wasn't allowed to change plays.

Thats simply not true. Sherman mentioned several times he was allowed to change plays.

When asked about the playcall to throw it deep vs the Jets in OT in his rookie season Sherman said he didn't call that play, the QB changed it.

When asked about the decision to run on the infamous sack/strip/fumble play to lose the Bills game Sherman said the QB changed the play.

When talking about the number of sacks Sherman said some of that was on him because they scripted the first 15 plays or whatever.

[QUOTE="39wildman,][/QUOTE]
well carr and mariaota have made playoff.. thill17 have not made playoff yet after 5 yr in nfl. Winston to me had down yr.all these guy was draft after thill17. I feel that their ceiling higher than thanhill17. it just me but I think all 3 of them are better than thill17.
our coach is laughing out loud at you.

Thats simply not true. Sherman mentioned several times he was allowed to change plays.

When asked about the playcall to throw it deep vs the Jets in OT in his rookie season Sherman said he didn't call that play, the QB changed it.

When asked about the decision to run on the infamous sack/strip/fumble play to lose the Bills game Sherman said the QB changed the play.

When talking about the number of sacks Sherman said some of that was on him because they scripted the first 15 plays or whatever.
good lord, really. (until last season he wasn't allowed to change plays.) he's talking about lazors offense.

good lord, really. (until last season he wasn't allowed to change plays.) he's talking about lazors offense.

Good lord yes, really. There is only one way to interpret "until last season..."

If he meant he couldn't change plays under Lazor then he should have said that. But it still wouldn't be true.

Or a very good QB covered up a ton of flaws.

Wow ok...up this point I respected your opinion even if i didn't agree with it. But did you just call Tannehill a VERY good QB? VERY good? Even tannengod supporters say he is at most above average. What do you consider very good? to me very good is between that 7-10 range of QB ranking. Are you saying Tannehill is a top 10 QB in this league? I am going to need you to explain what very good means to you.

this guy Philbin you're defending was a complete joke of a coach. there wasn't one fan in these forms that wanted him, in fact the only reason he became our coach was because this franchise was so bad no coach wanted the job. nobody interviewed him prior to his hiring or after his firing.

Yep not really defending Philbin just using Tannegod supporters logic..logic being how can Tannehill succeed when we are so devoid of talent across the board thus he is not at fault for our sucktitude it's everybody else's fault. With that logic the fact that Philbin only had 1 losing season in his 3 full years here despite the immeasurable lack of talent must make him some kind of coaching god.

Yes I am being facetious.

Good lord yes, really. There is only one way to interpret "until last season..."

If he meant he couldn't change plays under Lazor then he should have said that. But it still wouldn't be true.
You should do a little more research before posting.

[QUOTE="39wildman,]
well carr and mariaota have made playoff.. thill17 have not made playoff yet after 5 yr in nfl. Winston to me had down yr.all these guy was draft after thill17. I feel that their ceiling higher than thanhill17. it just me but I think all 3 of them are better than thill17.
our coach is laughing out loud at you.[/QUOTE]who adams that sign cutler. everybody laugh at him this yr. the coach who almost lose team. adams cannot pick qb. he still in love w cutler. it will be black Monday soon in miami

Yep not really defending Philbin just using Tannegod supporters logic..logic being how can Tannehill succeed when we are so devoid of talent across the board thus he is not at fault for our sucktitude it's everybody else's fault. With that logic the fact that Philbin only had 1 losing season in his 3 full years here despite the immeasurable lack of talent must make him some kind of coaching god.

Yes I am being facetious.

Yeah its funny how Tannehill was the only one allowed to use the excuses. Like a poor o-line only affected him, not Lazor or Wallace. A sucky Wallace only affected him, not the o-line or Lazor. A sucky Lazor only affected him, not the o-line or Wallace.

You're right. It was the Lazor two years that had him handcuffed.

our coach is laughing out loud at you.
who adams that sign cutler. everybody laugh at him this yr. the coach who almost lose team. adams cannot pick qb. he still in love w cutler. it will be black Monday soon in miami[/QUOTE] you mean the guy that you were in love with
Now everybody's laughing at you.

Wow ok...up this point I respected your opinion even if i didn't agree with it. But did you just call Tannehill a VERY good QB? VERY good? Even tannengod supporters say he is at most above average. What do you consider very good? to me very good is between that 7-10 range of QB ranking. Are you saying Tannehill is a top 10 QB in this league? I am going to need you to explain what very good means to you.

10-15 range. And QBs in the 8-18 range just aren't that different from one another. The difference between the QBs is less than the difference between the teams that surround them.

Back
Top Bottom