Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016 | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016

Yep not really defending Philbin just using Tannegod supporters logic..logic being how can Tannehill succeed when we are so devoid of talent across the board thus he is not at fault for our sucktitude it's everybody else's fault. With that logic the fact that Philbin only had 1 losing season in his 3 full years here despite the immeasurable lack of talent must make him some kind of coaching god.

Yes I am being facetious.

Where are all the ex-players and ex-coaches succeeding now? Where has all that talent gone?

Yeah its funny how Tannehill was the only one allowed to use the excuses. Like a poor o-line only affected him, not Lazor or Wallace. A sucky Wallace only affected him, not the o-line or Lazor. A sucky Lazor only affected him, not the o-line or Wallace.

So, how many times was Wallace sacked exactly? How many incomplete passes were credited to Dallas Thomas on Wallace drops?

The day that posters try to blame all the issues on Wallace, I'll defend him. Instead, it was two years of "look what he did in Pitt 3 years ago!".

I'll give Lazor a small amount of slack because of the OL but the Dolphins were regularly out coached during the Philbin/Lazor era. The play calling was just not up to par. With Gase, you can see plays that are left on the field because of poor execution. You can see guys open and the QB miss the throw. You can see runs that have a chance to be big with blocks well executed. With Lazor, those situations were few and far between. I spent games screaming at the TV - "Why are our guys never open?" and "Why does the other team always know what we are going to do?" That is coaching.

I'll give Lazor a small amount of slack because of the OL but the Dolphins were regularly out coached during the Philbin/Lazor era. The play calling was just not up to par. With Gase, you can see plays that are left on the field because of poor execution. You can see guys open and the QB miss the throw. You can see runs that have a chance to be big with blocks well executed. With Lazor, those situations were few and far between. I spent games screaming at the TV - "Why are our guys never open?" and "Why does the other team always know what we are going to do?" That is coaching.

Some people honestly do not understand this, no matter who the qb is

Where are all the ex-players and ex-coaches succeeding now? Where has all that talent gone?

What talent? I don't think I ever made claims of us having a talented roster. I just find it hypocritical that people who support Tannehill claim the roster was so devoid of talent and blame everybody besides Tannehill expect a coach to win with one of worst rosters (according to Tannehill supporters)in the NFL. So the fact that he had only 1 losing season should be heralded on par win Tannehill.

who adams that sign cutler. everybody laugh at him this yr. the coach who almost lose team. adams cannot pick qb. he still in love w cutler. it will be black Monday soon in miami
you mean the guy that you were in love with
Now everybody's laughing at you.. yes I did that to make you mad because you are thill17 lover. anything I say about thill17 u get mad...we need draft Mayfield or guy out usc.i know you going response

The defenses caught up to Lazor in 2015 and he just didn't have any answers. I still think he is a good QB coach. He just didn't make the transition to OC.

What talent? I don't think I ever made claims of us having a talented roster. I just find it hypocritical that people who support Tannehill claim the roster was so devoid of talent and blame everybody besides Tannehill expect a coach to win with one of worst rosters (according to Tannehill supporters)in the NFL. So the fact that he had only 1 losing season should be heralded on par win Tannehill.

So if I sing Philbin's praises, you're all in on Tannehill? Or is this just BS?

That, IMO, is the thing that people get wrong about Gase. I don't think he is a "QB Whisperer". I think he puts guys in good situations. He didn't make Tebow a good QB. He put Tebow in a position to succeed, despite being a terrible QB. Likewise, he took a QB with a good set of skills (Tannehill) and put him in better situations than the two previous OCs. Tannehill has improved as a QB but some of that was done by Lazor. Some of it is just due to experience. Gase has done a better job of using Tannehill's abilities.

So, how many times was Wallace sacked exactly? How many incomplete passes were credited to Dallas Thomas on Wallace drops?

The day that posters try to blame all the issues on Wallace, I'll defend him. Instead, it was two years of "look what he did in Pitt 3 years ago!".

Wallace was running wide open all over the place when Sherman was OC, I don't remember so many using that as evidence that he was good but was being let down by the QB.

So if I sing Philbin's praises, you're all in on Tannehill? Or is this just BS?

Of course its BS. I don't believe we are devoid of talent like most here. I'm not saying we have a lot of it but obviously we have some. If we were really as bad as is claimed no way we even sniff 7 or 8 wins. 7 or 8 wins is what happens when you're mediocre not when your bad. Bad teams maybe win 5 games. We were bad 1 time and that was 2007. Besides that 2007 we are the definition of mediocre. For the definition of bad see the Raiders who didn't win more than 5 games for 7 straight years between 03-09. When they went 8-8 in 2010 they actually thought that they were turning it around. Thats what 8 wins gives you, hope. Makes you believe your not that far off.

Of course its BS. I don't believe we are devoid of talent like most here. I'm not saying we have a lot of it but obviously we have some. If we were really as bad as is claimed no way we even sniff 7 or 8 wins. 7 or 8 wins is what happens when you're mediocre not when your bad. Bad teams maybe win 5 games. We were bad 1 time and that was 2007. Besides that 2007 we are the definition of mediocre. For the definition of bad see the Raiders who didn't win more than 5 games for 7 straight years between 03-09. When they went 8-8 in 2010 they actually thought that they were turning it around. Thats what 8 wins gives you, hope. Makes you believe your not that far off.

Seems like we are splitting hairs here.

So again, focusing on OL, we have cycled through a crap ton of players in the last 5 years. Surely if some of them were more talented than they showed here, they'd be decent starters elsewhere. Where are they? Come on man, it is simple logic.

first of all, neither Fitzpatrick nor McCown have ever had a season that should be classified as "fantastic". McCown just completed the best year of his career with 18 TDs and 2900 yards. in 2013, he was decent but only started 5 games. Fitzpatrick had a good 2015 and a bad 2016 but 2016 was more of an anomaly with career lows in several areas. He returned to more typical numbers this year in Tampa. Could Tannehill's 8 game surge in 2016 be a fluke? maybe, but he showed improvement every year, culminating in a sustained run that would put him easily above average.

Well with McCown you're leaving out the part where that was only in 8 games, in only half a season (plus with the fact he only threw 1 interception) those numbers are pretty fantastic in my opinion. My only point is that 8 games could be a fluke, obviously with Tannehill I'm hoping that it's not though.

Yep not really defending Philbin just using Tannegod supporters logic..logic being how can Tannehill succeed when we are so devoid of talent across the board thus he is not at fault for our sucktitude it's everybody else's fault. With that logic the fact that Philbin only had 1 losing season in his 3 full years here despite the immeasurable lack of talent must make him some kind of coaching god.

Yes I am being facetious.

Just to let you know, your use of "tannegod" really takes away from your points. Try not to be so condescending and you might get someone to listen, but when you act like people are calling him a god, it's just tiring to keep reading.

you mean the guy that you were in love with
Now everybody's laughing at you.. yes I did that to make you mad because you are thill17 lover. anything I say about thill17 u get mad...we need draft Mayfield or guy out usc.i know you going response
There's an old Chinese proverb, never argue with an idiot post.

Back
Top Bottom