FA alert: Demarco Murray | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA alert: Demarco Murray

I would have been more in on Murray when TBum was being taken by Howie Roseman yet didn't even think to offer to flip 5th rounders for Murray like The Titans did.

Now, not so much.. aside from that he's a beyotch who, back in Dallas, ****ed his former teammate's wife whenever he left town.

We don't need Murray to carry the rock. Drake and a draft pick can play that role.

We need Murray to catch passes and block. I'm not sure of his blocking grade, but I do know he is one of the better receiving backs in the league.

PFF ranked him #1 in pass blocking last year. Definitely want him now. A great receiver and pass blocker....perfect fit.

Walton could be a nice number 3 back as a runner/receiver out the back field.

He's pretty limited explosively and isn't really great at doing anything.

Whereas Penny has undeniable explosiveness and has one of the best yards after contact numbers in all of college football.

He's pretty limited explosively and isn't really great at doing anything.

Whereas Penny has undeniable explosiveness and has one of the best yards after contact numbers in all of college football.

No doubt Penny is the better prospect, but Walton might be available in the 5th round while Penny might cost you a 3rd round pick.

Why do we fall in love with washed up guys on the wrong side of 30? Foster, Williams, Bushrod, Jones, Amendola, and Timmons, obviously we will see on Amendola, but making 30+ nfl players richer never works, and has burnt this regime. You would hope they would start to learn as none of these guys have worked, and lead to a lot of dead cap space. Yet, here we are with our 2 biggest signings on the wrong side of 30, and Murray about to be the 3rd. These guys can work when you pick up them up for the vet minimum, but not when you pay them top dollar.

....and we were doing so well, this is the kind of FA signing the Dolphins should stay away from.

Why do we fall in love with washed up guys on the wrong side of 30? Foster, Williams, Bushrod, Jones, Amendola, and Timmons, obviously we will see on Amendola, but making 30+ nfl players richer never works, and has burnt this regime. You would hope they would start to learn as none of these guys have worked, and lead to a lot of dead cap space. Yet, here we are with our 2 biggest signings on the wrong side of 30, and Murray about to be the 3rd. These guys can work when you pick up them up for the vet minimum, but not when you pay them top dollar.

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read. In a long time.

Sitton was a top G last year, 30+ for that spot is normal.

Amendola isn’t going to be counted on to play all the snaps, Wilson will be the slot.

Murray won’t be counted on to start, Drake is the starter. Just because you’re over 30 doesn’t mean you can’t play. Especially at the positions these guys are playing st.

Demarco may not have his 2014 wheels but he is still a brilliant runner...some of the best vision of any RB in the league. Could teach Drake a lot. Would welcome this signing if the price is right

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read. In a long time.

Sitton was a top G last year, 30+ for that spot is normal.

Amendola isn’t going to be counted on to play all the snaps, Wilson will be the slot.

Murray won’t be counted on to start, Drake is the starter. Just because you’re over 30 doesn’t mean you can’t play. Especially at the positions these guys are playing st.

I agree with the argument against adding older players in most cases it's like replacing your tv with a 10 year old tv that still works but only has a year or two left in it. It's better to get something that could last a while. When you plug an urgent position of need with an older player it's still a position of need just you buy yourself a little time to address it.

Last edited:
So we should only have young players that are not over 30 on the team.

Back
Top Bottom