FA alert: Demarco Murray | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA alert: Demarco Murray

Yeah....Not feeling it....Arian Foster still creeps in my mind...used RB's are a stop gap to me...I believe this draft can bring us a complimentary back as early as the 4th...Royce Freeman?...Bo Scarborough...not sure who would be there ...Kaylen Ballage...Jaylen Samuels (?)

Foster was an injury liability. Murray isn’t.

Fresh legs in the draft please.

Would like to add apair of rookiee, one in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round and another in the 6th or 7th. May also need a veteran that you can rely on to get tough yards and pass protect if the rookies are slow to pick thing s up. That being said I don't think Murray is the guy I want.

There’s also this:

In his two seasons with the @Titans, @DeMarcoMurray helped change the culture in the locker room at Saint Thomas Sports Park. He held teammates accountable, and showed leadership and professionalism with his work ethic and approach.

titanup.co/hZ9NU2

Just saw that too. Add in the fact that he is a great blocker and it has Gase written all over it. Maybe a 1-2 year deal and hopefully draft a RB in round 4.

I'd be for this as long as the base doesn't exceed $4M. Would be good to have a vet. He's long in the tooth but valuable as a 3rd down back and I've always considered him an immense natural talent when healthy. If his asking price is too high then resign Damien Williams and draft a RB in this deep draft. CJ obviously ideal but only if he's cut. Other options are pretty gross, but I guess Darkwa or Sims are low upside fliers. I'd actually vouch for Jamaal Charles as my Plan B.

I guess we need a veteran in that room but I hope we don’t pay a lot. Max 2 year deal.

How much cap space are we working with atm and don't we get more post June 1st??

As long as we don't spend everything on him and have some wiggle room for a DT and the Rookies then I'm for it ..otherwise I prefer a DT.

How much cap space are we working with atm and don't we get more post June 1st??

As long as we don't spend everything on him and have some wiggle room for a DT and the Rookies then I'm for it ..otherwise I prefer a DT.

Sounds like we have about $8 mil left for 2018 after our signings and re-signings to date, but that's just a projection until exact contract details come out. And no, that doesn't include Suh's $17 mil cap savings coming June 1st, which will likely cover the draft pool, and our normal $10 mil or so we keep in reserve each year for camp or mid-season emergency signings and rollover. We also have to sign a half dozen or so more back of the roster/ST type players to fill out the roster. For instance we are sitting at only 5 LBs total on the roster at the moment. That wont last.

The usuals on twitter are floating Demarco Murray as a Miami Dolphin interest. At this point I believe Miami is forced to use a draft pick on a RB, but with a vet balancing the RB room that pick is not forced.

not a big fan of this...unless he's cheap enough to be considered a RB #3 and we draft RB #2 behind Drake.

If we do it - 1 yr deal not 2 probably going to cost about 3m.

I would have rathered had CJ, well anyone its a visit so who knows if they actually sign him. The FO usually doesn’t want to pay up for RB so that’s a plus I guess.

17 mil comes in June. Half of that goes to rookies. The other is kept for in season needs and carryover.

There’s also this:

In his two seasons with the @Titans, @DeMarcoMurray helped change the culture in the locker room at Saint Thomas Sports Park. He held teammates accountable, and showed leadership and professionalism with his work ethic and approach.

titanup.co/hZ9NU2
They're probably looking at him to serve as a mentor for Drake in addition to splitting carries. I've never heard any signs of immaturity from Drake since his days at Bama, so I don't know if his outburst against Buffalo was a one time thing or not.

But again.... This is a character building offseason. Fits right into that mix.

If we don’t over pay, or sign him for more than 1-2 yrs, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom