Fangio vs the D..... is it true? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio vs the D..... is it true?

Those two drives involved 13 plays for 139 yards -- 10.7 yards per play.

While that's certainly exorbitant and well above the NFL norm, seems to me they could've more easily let the Titans score if that was truly the intent. No reason why they couldn't have laid down completely and surrendered let's say 20 yards per play.

Those two drives involved 13 plays for 139 yards -- 10.7 yards per play.

While that's certainly exorbitant and well above the NFL norm, seems to me they could've more easily let the Titans score if that was truly the intent. No reason why they couldn't have laid down completely and surrendered let's say 20 yards per play.

In fairness it was about the worst back to back defensive sequences I have ever seen.

We didn't make a single play in bounds to keep the clock running.

While I don't believe the OP's story to be true, those drives are still head scratchers.

Not one play was made by the defense. Still, too big of a conspiracy to be true. Too many people would've been involved for us not to find out.

In fairness it was about the worst back to back defensive sequences I have ever seen.

We didn't make a single play in bounds to keep the clock running.

While I don't believe the OP's story to be true, those drives are still head scratchers.

Not one play was made by the defense. Still, too big of a conspiracy to be true. Too many people would've been involved for us not to find out.
Not consistent with letting the opposing team score at will, however. While not the norm, there are ~10 yards per play drives all the time in the NFL. Something as unlikely as letting the opposing team score would also involve just as unlikely a performance -- like surrendering 20 or 30 yards per play over a significant number of consecutive plays.

When things happen that are unlikely and deeply disturbing -- like President Kennedy's being shot and the Dolphins' blowing the division and a high playoff seed in 2023, people tend to turn to unlikely explanations to account for such events -- like conspiratorial grassy knoll shooters and football players who let opposing teams win on purpose. That way all you have to do to avoid such events in the future is avoid just as unlikely of causes. If it's just one shooter in a book depository or the Dolphins actually lost legitimately, well then such things can readily happen again, and that ain't cool.

Not consistent with letting the opposing team score at will, however. While not the norm, there are ~10 yards per play drives all the time in the NFL. Something as unlikely as letting the opposing team score would also involve just as unlikely a performance -- like surrendering 20 or 30 yards per play over a significant number of consecutive plays.

Well Tennessee was running shorter plays to the boundary, it’s not like they would’ve know the Dolphins defensive players would let them run down the field unimpeded. Their goal was to take 10 yards at a time.

Plus if your letting a team score and trying not to make obvious, this is the way you would’ve done it.

Would’ve been obvious if the players just got out of the way of the WRs and let them run scott free.

Not that I believe they did this on purpose, at the end of the day, they play for the logo on their helmet, not the DC.

Well Tennessee was running shorter plays to the boundary, it’s not like they would’ve know the Dolphins defensive players would let them run down the field unimpeded. Their goal was to take 10 yards at a time.

Plus if your letting a team score and trying not to make obvious, this is the way you would’ve done it.

Would’ve been obvious if the players just got out of the way of the WRs and let them run scott free.

Not that I believe they did this on purpose, at the end of the day, they play for the logo on their helmet, not the DC.
Tennessee had a 0.3% chance of winning that game with four minutes left. The only way you guarantee a loss is by doing just that -- getting out of their way and letting them run free. Anything short of that is very likely to foil your purpose. The precision required to "make it look real" and still lose is ridiculously difficult to execute successfully.

Guess the offense was pissed at Vic too given how they shat the bed as well.
Right! The offense had EVERY chance to win that game during their last two possessions when they were up by 14 points with about 4 minutes to go. On their second to last possession, all they needed to do was to grind out a few 1st downs to run out the clock and the game is over, but they failed to convert. On their last possession, with about 1:36 left to play and down by 1 point, the offense just needed to get into FG range, but all they did was gain 16 yards on 7 plays and turned the ball over on downs.

Yes, the defense flopped at the end of that game, but McDaniels's offense (or his playcalling?) was more to blame IMO.

I saw the D raise their hands on the field while in the huddle I thought it was odd at the time - now I see they took a hand vote in the huddle

Also: this unique Dolphin was just discoved at a lake in Arizona

Dude Machine GIF

I heard from a reliable source that the original reliable source was not a reliable source!

But your reliable source may not be such a reliable source and the original reliable source may be more reliable. But if your source is reliable then the first reliable source is a less reliable source than your source.

Back
Top Bottom