Fangio vs the D..... is it true? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio vs the D..... is it true?

Offense more to blame being up 14 with 4 minutes to go?

I think not...
Maybe not more to blame but the offense certainly deserves plenty of blame for that loss as well. We will never forget Chubb inexplicably ripping his helmet off thereby handing points to the Titans and we will never forget the last 4 minutes. But the D scored a TD in this game, a home Monday night football game against a low level opponent that had not won a road game to that point late in the season.

Once again, our high powered great offense scored a whopping 20 points and failed to put the game away over several possessions late in the game when we just needed a few first downs. As this performance was somewhat typical of our overrated offense, we were 20 points and under in roughly half our games and particularly against good competition, I'm not letting the offense off the hook here.

The offense started hot w/ Chargers/Broncos and the defense started poorly in the new system, but about 6 or 7 games in the defense became the better unit and remained so for the balance of the season even as the D started taking injury after injury. Only the Ravens game was the D totally a disaster but they kept us in the Philly game, both Chief games, Buffalo at home and they helped us win tight games against the Raiders and Cowboys despite minimal offensive point production.

I'm much more concerned with the offense going forward at this point because we had Tua/Tyreek in every game and still petered out like this. With Mostert and Achane we put up the best rushing stats this franchise I think has ever seen but yet we were still pedestrian on offense roughly half the season. They need to get a lot better, hopefully this past year was not our ceiling. We need to hit Oline hard, find a TE and 3rd WR worth a darn, and see if an offense built around Tua/Tyreek/Waddle/Achane can consistently produce because this season they were pretty disappointing after the big Bronco blow out and I had expected better for this crew in the 2nd year of McD's system.

I heard from reliable source, Fangio made an pffensive/insulting comment over the radio during the Tenn game that caused the Defense to retaliate by letting the Titans score twice in the 4th quarter.. The way it was told to me is they quit playing just to show up Fangio...

So I ask you... does this have any truth to it?

If so and if I was the Dolphin management, I would be livid with the Defense and would see this as an act of treason... If there is any truth to the story, the Defense threw away the entire season with their temper tantrum... Now I'm not saying the defense shouldnt have gotten pissed or insulted.... if true... I'm just saying... if true... the defense acted inappropriately and should have... could have handled it a little better and with more professionalism..

And if it is true... do you know what Fangio could have said to piss off the players so much?
you start off saying you have a reliable source
And then question your reliable source by asking if we believe your reliable source. 🤣🤣🤣

Like, over the headset during the game? Who would have heard it and passed it on to the defense? And if a player on defense is connected to Fangio's headset, why the hell would he say something into the headset that would piss them off? The D was playing pretty good prior to the 2 TD's, so what would have prompted an offensive statement from Fangio? This wreaks of BS....sorry

Pssstttt..... I'm trying to whisper so no one else hears @JamesWsenior .... Baker didn't play bro, it was Dukey. Hideous oranguntan is hilarious though, will definitely be using it at the golf course
Oh yeah I forgot Baker was out cause Jones was / colour blind and tackled the wrong guy. Anyways, manual kinda looks like Duke... 😂

Offense more to blame being up 14 with 4 minutes to go?

I think not...

Maybe not more to blame but the offense certainly deserves plenty of blame for that loss as well. We will never forget Chubb inexplicably ripping his helmet off thereby handing points to the Titans and we will never forget the last 4 minutes. But the D scored a TD in this game, a home Monday night football game against a low level opponent that had not won a road game to that point late in the season.

Once again, our high powered great offense scored a whopping 20 points and failed to put the game away over several possessions late in the game when we just needed a few first downs. As this performance was somewhat typical of our overrated offense, we were 20 points and under in roughly half our games and particularly against good competition, I'm not letting the offense off the hook here.
Yes, it's true that the defense was terrible for letting Tennessee score 15 points in the last few minutes. But, my point was that in the final minutes, the so-called "highly-ranked" offense of the 9-4 Dolphins was unable to get a 1st down in order to keep the ball and run out the clock against the 4-9 Titans on one possession, and then failed to get within FG range with 1:36 left on their last possession. IOW, not only was Fangio's defense overrated, but McDaniel's offense choked against a bad team.

Back
Top Bottom